HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 23, 2012, 12:40 PM
Stress Be Gone
Snohomish, WA
Joined May 2000
3,402 Posts
No luck getting an answer to this in the Article thread, so will ask here:

When looking from the nose of the Sabre aft and then looking at the plugs on the receiver, can anyone tell me what servos connect to what from left to right. I think the second one from the left is from the ESC and is the throttle but don't know what each of the others are.
GBR2 is offline Find More Posts by GBR2
to remove ads between posts
Old May 23, 2012, 04:39 PM
savannah, GA
Joined Feb 2003
137 Posts
This was how mine was laid out.
lousyflyer is offline Find More Posts by lousyflyer
Old May 23, 2012, 06:53 PM
Stress Be Gone
Snohomish, WA
Joined May 2000
3,402 Posts
Thanks that was just what I was looking for.
GBR2 is offline Find More Posts by GBR2
Old May 30, 2012, 10:26 PM
Joined Apr 2012
95 Posts
Has anyone had engine trouble? Some grass became stuck in the F-86 and was then removed. But the turbine inside still won't spin and makes a beeping sound. Any one have any success taking out the motor and putting it back in, or is this caput?
pghosh is offline Find More Posts by pghosh
Old May 30, 2012, 11:17 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,199 Posts
I cut the bottom fuse in half just infront of the fan and then slice each side apart to gain access to the fan.

If you blow air hard up the pipe does the fan spin?
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old May 31, 2012, 01:02 AM
Joined Apr 2012
95 Posts
No. It doesn't. I know that is not good. I got a little spin out of it when I plugged the battery back in. I'm afraid I might have damaged the motor permanently. Will need to take it out to tell for sure.
pghosh is offline Find More Posts by pghosh
Old May 31, 2012, 05:41 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,199 Posts
OK - two things it could be - the fan is still hitting something but you can't see it, so open it up and see if blowing on the fan when the unit is out of the jet works. If it doesn't, rotate it with a finger and see if it is hitting something. If it is not - then odds are the copper wire got hot, buckled and is now rubbing on the magnet.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Jun 18, 2012, 09:21 PM
Sugar Grove, IL
Joined Sep 2006
139 Posts
Just my contribution. Mine does the exact same stall thing that Livonia Bob's does and my wing broke in the exact same spot as lousy flyers and mine was a picture perfect landing but hot. The foam just split from grass friction at speed. I think if I buy another after this one gets more tired, I will reinforce the whole plane with carbon.
sparkola is offline Find More Posts by sparkola
Old Sep 17, 2012, 02:22 PM
Joined Mar 2012
694 Posts
Has anyone else had problems with the F-86 and the Anylink? I'm using a DX6i, and haven't
had any problems flying any other aircraft that utilized the TR624 rx. Has me contemplating on purchasing the Tactic TTX402 4-Channel SLT 2.4GHz Mini Transmitter, which is the one that comes with the RTF version.
Valkpilot is offline Find More Posts by Valkpilot
Old Sep 17, 2012, 02:31 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkpilot View Post
Has anyone else had problems with the F-86 and the Anylink? I'm using a DX6i, and haven't
had any problems flying any other aircraft that utilized the TR624 rx. Has me contemplating on purchasing the Tactic TTX402 4-Channel SLT 2.4GHz Mini Transmitter, which is the one that comes with the RTF version.
What problems are you having?? My DX6i works fine with the AnyLink...
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Sep 17, 2012, 03:30 PM
Anything that gives me a High
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,505 Posts
Question: two of my friends just purchased sabers, while flying they experienced signal interference but only on the throttle between themselves, they both fly JR, did anybody have/had this phenomenal happen to them?
super kupfer is online now Find More Posts by super kupfer
Old Sep 17, 2012, 04:54 PM
Joined Mar 2012
694 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
What problems are you having?? My DX6i works fine with the AnyLink...
Got up airspeed and as soon as it left the ground, it flipped over and folded the rudder.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 05:29 PM
"Unappreciative tosser"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2011
563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkpilot View Post
Got up airspeed and as soon as it left the ground, it flipped over and folded the rudder.
uh did you check your control surfaces before your flight? Was this a maiden flight by any chance? It sounds kinda like a CofG type of issue. All my experience is with hand launches and with the weight too far back it wants to do a stalled loop and slam.

good luck with the repair
eltreato is offline Find More Posts by eltreato
Old Sep 17, 2012, 05:51 PM
"Unappreciative tosser"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2011
563 Posts
eltreato is offline Find More Posts by eltreato
Old Sep 17, 2012, 06:15 PM
Joined Mar 2012
694 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltreato View Post
uh did you check your control surfaces before your flight? Was this a maiden flight by any chance? It sounds kinda like a CofG type of issue. All my experience is with hand launches and with the weight too far back it wants to do a stalled loop and slam.

good luck with the repair
Already fixed, and had the battery velcroed as far forward as possible