HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 22, 2012, 12:13 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runnikee View Post
The only other part that seems a bit soft to me also is where the control horns go into the ailerons. Mine has already developed a crease there. The fix is simple, just a piece of tape to reinforce it. Look, when it comes down to it, this is a micro and micros are easily broken. They are made thin and light, which means they can/will break easily. It's nothing detrimental to the model, it's just something that plagues micros. I think this is a great airframe. If I didn't, I wouldn't have bought it.
hangar rash is the worst for me with my Micros
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2012, 04:31 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,255 Posts
I don't know how light you guys crash, but none of my suk's were considered tough by any means.

the nose would also break and or chip in a crash.

but like BL55 said, the F86 has way more inertia in a crash so this argument is pointless
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Feb 22, 2012, 05:34 PM
Joined Nov 2011
3,197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
I don't know how light you guys crash, but none of my suk's were considered tough by any means.

but like BL55 said, the F86 has way more inertia in a crash so this argument is pointless
YES!
Like my UMX Sbach on 3s, it to is different than flying my SU-26xp on 1s
Old Feb 22, 2012, 05:43 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
3,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
YES!
Like my UMX Sbach on 3s, it to is different than flying my SU-26xp on 1s
Sbach on 3S?!?!???!!!......I'm going to PM you to get the details!!!

Kevin
Kevin Greene is online now Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Feb 22, 2012, 06:36 PM
Lebanon,OH
Joined Oct 2002
381 Posts
Removed
M3_matt is offline Find More Posts by M3_matt
Last edited by M3_matt; Feb 23, 2012 at 06:24 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 11:10 PM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Mar 2009
936 Posts
Well I think mine is a dud! I could probably take it apart and diagnose it, but I'd rather return it. Wow I got the thing for $106.99 and it does not work! Great Price. Back to the LHS it goes!
I almost wanted to keep it just for the fan but who knows it may be shorted or the esc is no good. It's too bad I will have to wait a couple months for more stock to arrive but oh well. I just don't wont to mess around with it. I was planning on flying the wings off it and harvesting the parts for scratch built planes anyway.
MUTCAKE is offline Find More Posts by MUTCAKE
Old Feb 23, 2012, 11:14 PM
Joined Nov 2011
3,197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTCAKE View Post
Well I think mine is a dud! I could probably take it apart and diagnose it, but I'd rather return it. Wow I got the thing for $106.99 and it does not work! Great Price. Back to the LHS it goes!
I almost wanted to keep it just for the fan but who knows it may be shorted or the esc is no good. It's too bad I will have to wait a couple months for more stock to arrive but oh well. I just don't wont to mess around with it. I was planning on flying the wings off it and harvesting the parts for scratch built planes anyway.
Take it to your LHS and let them have a look
they may have more out in 30days
Old Feb 23, 2012, 11:21 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,191 Posts
When you say a dud... what exactly does that mean in terms of the fault?
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Feb 23, 2012, 11:31 PM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Mar 2009
936 Posts
Dud means to me you plug in stock charged battery, it does not work. You plug in another charged battery it does not work. There is no fault here it simply does not function. I will be taking it back to the LHS tomorrow. I'll get another when new stock arrives. I know how to diagnose this well enough, you know the usual checking connections that I can get to etc. Other than this I'm not gonna dissasemble it. I will get a new one. Thanks
MUTCAKE is offline Find More Posts by MUTCAKE
Old Feb 24, 2012, 05:17 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,255 Posts
Mine is in store and ready to be picked up; maybe I'll grab it next week.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 06:31 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
not sure why some are saying the SU is more durable than the F-86??
the SU is about 75% slower... less energy when it hits something, and it weighs less to
hello.......
Not sure if you ever flown the Sukhoi, and I'm now even wondering if you ever flew a EDF before!!! (including the Sabre!) 75% slower???!!!!!! FYI: EDFs are not a miracle thing that will allow a ultra-micro to go 100mph! Sure they spin very fast, but other than having an awesome sound, and allowing us to fly "jets", quite often, unless you want to throw 500watts in them, they don't fly much faster than a typical propeller airplane, particularly watts for watts. I've not flown the Sabre, but I can tell you the Sukhoi is easily doing 30mph with good batteries. If 30mph is 75% slower than the Sabre, please, post a video of your Sabre going in a straight line, I'll be happy to do a doppler on it.
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Feb 24, 2012, 06:36 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post

Foam will always break, but be honest, I bet you were flying most of the time without the spinner, and maybe even without the wheels....

Those who complaint about the nose usually flew without the spinner. It's like driving a car without a bumper and complaining about the extra damage after an accident.

Please note: I love EDFs because you never have to replace a propeller, so don't get me wrong. I'm not saying the Sabre is not crash resistant, I've not even flown one yet. Just saying that in all the ultra-micro airplane, the Sukhoi is really though. I'm still flying my original Sukhoi, and my XP still look new, which, for the way I fly, is impressive!
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Feb 24, 2012, 07:19 AM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTCAKE View Post
Dud means to me you plug in stock charged battery, it does not work. You plug in another charged battery it does not work. There is no fault here it simply does not function. I will be taking it back to the LHS tomorrow. I'll get another when new stock arrives. I know how to diagnose this well enough, you know the usual checking connections that I can get to etc. Other than this I'm not gonna dissasemble it. I will get a new one. Thanks
So do the control surfaces move at all. Did the throttle initialize? I thought mine was a dud too because if you don't have a tactic signal it looks like nothing happens when you plug in the battery.
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Old Feb 24, 2012, 09:27 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,255 Posts
I bought a used Suk XP and am awaiting delivery

It's it's not best up too bad it's gunna be a 2-3S screamer
Old Feb 24, 2012, 09:31 AM
Crash and burn, huh Mav?
USA, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Aug 2010
995 Posts
I'm sorry to everyone for mentioning my Sukhois. It wasn't my intention to derail the thread. I was just trying to compare the Sabre to the only other micro I had. Has anyone had any more flights on the Sabre?

Will I need to change the mapping each time I get ready to fly the Sabre, or is that just a first-time thing?
Runnikee is offline Find More Posts by Runnikee