HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 14, 2012, 03:36 PM
Joined Feb 2012
18 Posts
Discussion
Detrum GY48V

Ok sry if i coudnt find the answer but ive looked Im new so bare with me. Ok I have a Walkers 2603 and rx2608 receiver i cannot get the Detrum Gy48v Gyro to work. I have no movement what so ever if i just hook up the Gyro as instructed. Any help out there?
Thanks James
jbrownskunk is offline Find More Posts by jbrownskunk
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2012, 11:38 PM
Joined Dec 2011
27 Posts
Your post did not clarify your situation enough. How does it doesn't work, does the heli tail shaking while hoovering or spin out of control before you can even take off and so on?

Best shot will be reversing button, turn it to reverse and see, or maybe you just plugged in the servo in the wrong way.
samk00 is offline Find More Posts by samk00
Old Feb 15, 2012, 12:26 AM
Joined Feb 2012
18 Posts
Like stated doesnt work at all,If i plug the senitivity plug to channel 4 it works of course just works with stick directions if plugged according to directions notta nothing will not work at all. Plugs will only plug one way because the have tabs unless i cut them off and try it. i aasume the input wire goes to channel 4 and and the sesitivity (3 wire) goes to aux 6 but my radio has no way to turn it on/off so im lost
Last edited by jbrownskunk; Feb 15, 2012 at 01:02 AM.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 01:14 AM
Joined Dec 2011
27 Posts
alright, that is a good starting point. There are plenty of gyro setup at youtube and there are identical to majority of them. I will start to explaining the process from the beginning.

1. you need to plug the gyro to the rotor channel and make sure your pins are connected in the right direction and the single wire to gear.
2. Turn the ds mode on if your tail servo is a digital servo
3. Turn the gyro gain(limit) and delay to 50%
4. turn your rx and tx on accordingly
5 shake your tail to see the response of the gyro.
6. If step 5 failed to function then unplug your gyro and plug your servo directly to rotor channel and repeat step 4
7. If there is no response than you have fried your servo since the manual stated that you may destroy your servo if the ds setting is wrong

I am not sure which rx you are using so I am not sure what is channel 4, The rx i used categorized the channel differently (throttle, elevation, gear, rudder, aux1 and aux2)
Also, what kind of tx are you using ? If you are using a programmable tx you may need to check your sensitivity on the rotor.
Hope that would give you a basic setup to the gyro.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 03:09 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownskunk View Post
Like stated doesnt work at all,If i plug the senitivity plug to channel 4 it works of course just works with stick directions if plugged according to directions notta nothing will not work at all. Plugs will only plug one way because the have tabs unless i cut them off and try it. i aasume the input wire goes to channel 4 and and the sesitivity (3 wire) goes to aux 6 but my radio has no way to turn it on/off so im lost
I don't have the 2608 receiver but on the 2801 receiver, Aux 6 is used for pitch servo and Aux 7 as the gyro sensitivity. It is possible that channel 5 is used as your sensitivity and 6 for pitch in your receiver. If in doubt, you can contact Walkera directly about this. They have actually started to respond to customer inquiries nowadays.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Feb 15, 2012, 03:34 PM
Joined Feb 2012
18 Posts
thanks ill do that cause i cant do anything else on my heli till the gyro is worked out and another problem im haveing to add salt to my wounds. My Side cyclic is backwards when i reverse it it causes every thing to go to pot. Teach me to buy cheap i shoulda just bought the pro and got it overwith
Old Feb 15, 2012, 03:46 PM
Joined Dec 2011
27 Posts
lol, we all have learned in the hard way. Blade 450 is the way to go, all you need in one package, all you need to learn is piloting and bring it back in a whole piece.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 04:45 PM
Joined Feb 2012
18 Posts
im an old stick flyer im doing well on the sim. I got a EXI 450 .Me and heading hold dont exactly get along but rate flying in the sim is fairly easy this heli stuff is alot diff im working on tracking right now but guess i start all over there 2
Old Feb 15, 2012, 06:30 PM
Joined Feb 2012
16 Posts
I have the exact same gyro and when testing it, I found that the stick input must be plugged into the rudder (plug with 3 wires) and the sensitivity input (plug with single wire), must have at least a signal to work. I had absolutely nothing at the servo until signal wire had an input, once hooked up the servo came to life. With this gyro, input into that wire is only way to adjust the gyro gain, and switch from normal to heading hold mode. With your transmitter I believe most people set the knob above the left stick to control this. Your transmitter might need some programming to achieve desired results. I have only managed to do bench testing as I am waiting on the remaining parts for my own 450.

Good luck
fosjef67 is offline Find More Posts by fosjef67
Old Feb 15, 2012, 08:45 PM
Joined Dec 2011
27 Posts
I have a blade 450 and a dynam 450, i loved them both. I've changed all the electronic parts from the dynam 450 since they are crappy and now it fly really nice. I have been wanting to buy a exi500 kit but not sure how good is this brand, do you like your EXi450. I am curious to know more about it before I really start spending money on it.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 02:02 AM
Joined Feb 2012
18 Posts
so far yes sure do