HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by sketchaholic, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 02:40 PM
Bay Area California
Joined Apr 2007
2,055 Posts
Discussion
A project that has taken way to long.

A 6" wingspan Spitfire, a project that's taken a very long time. My first attempt didn't turn out. Second attempt got squashed in a move. So this is my third attempt.

Foam is Durobatics and electronics will be Plantraco and when I get this flying I might upgrade to DavidT's tiny spektrum receivers.

Here's a little video of the balsa spinner mounted to a dremel to see if it's centered properly. It was balanced along with the prop before hand.

Home Made Micro Spinner (0 min 28 sec)

Here's some weights:
Assembled plane, foam and glue 0.5 grams.
Assembled plane, foam, glue and paint 0.8 grams. (next time I'll airbrush.)
weight with 4mm motor, spinner and prop 1.5 grams.
weight with paint, 4mm motor, spinner and prop 1.71 grams.

more pics and vids coming soon...
sketchaholic is offline Find More Posts by sketchaholic
Last edited by sketchaholic; Feb 15, 2012 at 01:56 AM.
to remove ads between posts