HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Rat Brother 1, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 30, 2012, 06:18 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Aug 2011
70 Posts
Hello all
Iv'e flown my pilatus pc-21 and i must say she flies very well indeed ia'm useing a power 60 motor 80amp esc 6s lipo jeti regulator 2s 1200 mah 15x8 apc prop, 800mah nmih batt for retracts.
pollster is offline Find More Posts by pollster
to remove ads between posts
Old May 31, 2012, 11:49 AM
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Jun 2011
187 Posts
Pollster,

Thanks for stopping by and adding your comment. For the short time I had mine up it behaved beautifully and was a easy plane to land. Next time - there will be a next time - i'll keep it in closer. Seriously.

Robert
Rat Brother 1 is offline Find More Posts by Rat Brother 1
Old Jun 01, 2012, 12:45 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Aug 2011
70 Posts
Hello robert
I've had 18 flights now and this model flies as if its on rails,also i have had club members say how smooth she looks in the air.We have a scale meet week Sunday so over the next few days i will be disciplining my flying skills. I've looked at videos of the full size in action at air shows to which i'm trying to copy,weather pending.Ill let you know how i got on in due course.
Happy days
Brian.
pollster is offline Find More Posts by pollster
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:57 AM
Turbines suck ;-)
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Mar 2000
1,636 Posts
Spare deck and pilot installation

Gents

How did you manage to fit the pilot (if you did)? Will the grey cockpit still slide in with pilots glued in place!

Does any one have spare silver Pilatus stickers for the tail fin? I put mine on at the wrong angle and would like to replace them. Happy to pay postage!
rorywquin is offline Find More Posts by rorywquin
Last edited by rorywquin; Oct 12, 2012 at 03:17 AM. Reason: Subject is wrong.
Old Jul 09, 2014, 09:03 AM
Dirtnap Certified
Joined Aug 2012
194 Posts
Looks like this thread hasn't been active for a while. Just wanted to say thanks for the eFlite retracts installation guide, esp for the front unit which mounts differently to stock. First I thought about putting in a larger black plastic conventional retract but now having seen how much slop is in it, I've embarked on your method. Cheers.
Flyindude is offline Find More Posts by Flyindude
Old Oct 11, 2014, 06:53 AM
Joined Oct 2014
2 Posts
Hi Guys - Very grateful also for all the information posted, but a quick question from me, please. According to a SebArt retailer, the early u/c problems (of the wheels not retracting) have been solved, but do I understand the standard retracts remain weak? E-flite retracts are £150, which will add 50 per cent to the cost of the kit, which is not impressive. Clearly in a kit they are not going to include £150 worth of retracts in a £300 box, so there has to be some difference. All views welcome, and thanks in anticipation!
JoeWww is offline Find More Posts by JoeWww
Old Oct 11, 2014, 07:25 PM
Demonstrations on Saturdays!
United States, CA, Woodland
Joined Jan 2012
378 Posts
Joe,
As mentioned earlier in the thread the parts they are using are Hobby King grade parts:
Main struts,
Nose strut and
Retracts.
Depending on your field will depend on the need to change them. Our field is a petro mat over compacted earth making it smother than plain dirt but still has it's bumps. And the loose fit of the mat causes a slight resistance to the point where you can almost see the mat bunch up like a rug in front of each tire. If I land perfectly I've had no major problems and need to tweak them forward intp position occasionally. The times I've hit a little hard or gone into the grass completely I have broken the struts off at the end of the retract trunnion pin and/or bent the trunnion.
I bought several extra sets of everything and figure when I use them up I'll do the e-flite upgrade.
Have never had her on asphalt so I can't say but it seems like it would be easier on them, unless you hit hard.
gravityking is online now Find More Posts by gravityking
Old Oct 12, 2014, 12:14 PM
Joined Oct 2014
2 Posts
Many thanks, gravityking. I think I'll give the Pilatus a miss - we have a grass field (often well cut, but knobbly in the winter). Too many fiddly things to go wrong, and I can't justify £450 on an airframe alone. I have two SebArts - the 30 and 50 sized Katanas - and they are superb. They are the only ARTFs in which I have never had to reinforce the undercarriage - two years of intense flying and they are sound (not a credit to my flying - just their sheet lightness). I might look at the Mythos. Cheers!
JoeWww is offline Find More Posts by JoeWww