Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Rat Brother 1, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 01, 2012, 03:49 PM
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Jun 2011
187 Posts
Motor Mount Install

Again the assembly manual doesn't indicate using washers or Loctite thread locker on the mounting bolts.
Rat Brother 1 is offline Find More Posts by Rat Brother 1
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2012, 03:45 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Apr 2011
73 Posts
Great work buddy i have just picked up mine hoping to copy some of your mods.
Regards,
Rob........
jeta1 is offline Find More Posts by jeta1
Old Mar 07, 2012, 05:23 PM
Joined Jun 2011
187 Posts
Motor and ESC Wiring

Made up the required 300mm motor to ESC extension using 14AWG silicone covered wire. In addition you will need 6 male and 6 female 3.5mm gold plated bullet connectors.
Old Mar 08, 2012, 05:43 PM
Joined Jun 2011
187 Posts
Mounting Motor and Cowl

Hopefully my experience will save you a little time trying to figure out the required stand-off of motor to motor box to get the desired spacing between spinner and cowl. If you are using the recommended Hacker A50-14S motor the supplied cap screws are too short. You will need (4) 4.0 x 25mm Socket Head Cap Screws (Dubro #2280), (4) 4mm Hex Nuts (Dubro #2106) plus the alum. washers, spacers and self-locking nuts that came with the motor hardware. In addition you will need a 3mm Allen wrench to get inside the motor box to hold the screws when tightening down the nuts. I have a set of Made In USA metric Allen wrenches by Bondhus and love them (Guaranteed for life).
Old Mar 08, 2012, 11:41 PM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Apr 2011
73 Posts
Nice work there rat,i have a e flight power 60 for mine .

Regards ,
Rob
Old Mar 09, 2012, 12:01 AM
Joined Jun 2011
187 Posts
Thanks Rob. Have you started building yours?

Robert
Old Mar 09, 2012, 06:56 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Apr 2011
73 Posts
Hi rob i have just finished and maiden-ed my turbine jet,now i will start the build on the 21,what you have done with your build is very good mate i really like the way you have set everything out in such great detail.........
regards,
Rob.................
Old Mar 12, 2012, 06:41 PM
Joined Jun 2011
187 Posts
Battery Bay

You have to love how much room there is to work within the battery bay and the ease of access that the large removable cockpit provides.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 04:03 PM
Joined Jun 2011
187 Posts
Exhaust Stacks

To get that realistic look the interior of the exhaust stacks needed to be painted black.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 05:11 PM
Joined Jun 2011
187 Posts
Ready to maiden

I hope to bring her out to the club field next week for the maiden. In the meantime I'll work on the cockpit details and paint the pilots. With that huge canopy a little extra detail will go a long way... and on a low pass you have to see pilots. Right?
Old Mar 22, 2012, 05:39 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Apr 2011
73 Posts
Thats great rat looks awesome i maidened mine the other day flew beutifully ,ill post some pics for you in a few days time.
regards,
Rob.............
Old Mar 27, 2012, 01:34 PM
Joined Jun 2011
187 Posts
Maiden flight damage report

The first flight is always a little shaky and even with it being a little tail heavy I brought her in for a smooth landing, no flaps needed. Moved the battery forward and took off again, pulled up the landing gear and trimmed her out. Second landing was with a little bounce but still nothing to get upset about. She floats in beautifully and once on the ground rolled true... and long. A fresh battery and off she went again, a little to far I'm afraid, large planes look a lot closer than they actually are and as I banked to bring her back toward me I lost contact and down she went

When we got to the crash site and looked back we could not believe how far out we were from the flying field. Lesson learned; when flying in the flat desert your depth perception is put to the test.

Airframe, ESC and battery completely destroyed. Motor looks like it survived but the nosewheel strut looks bent. Gear was down when it crashed. In my excitement I forgot to retract the gear.

I'll build another. Just not right away. This is a beautiful plane and once the initial jitters pass is a great flier. Hey I still have a detailed cockpit sitting on the shelf waiting for a PC-21 to fly.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 10:32 PM
Joined Jun 2011
187 Posts
The aftermath

Pilot error plain and simple.
Old May 03, 2012, 11:54 AM
Joined May 2012
1 Posts
Hai Rat I am interested with how you modified the nose gear of your PC21, I have question how do you set up the steering part for nose gear? Especially the linkage since the gear will folding. Thank you
wattimena is offline Find More Posts by wattimena
Old May 03, 2012, 05:43 PM
Joined Jun 2011
187 Posts
Post #11 & 12 will take you through the setup but be sure to program your radio first so that the steering servo is off when the nose gear is up.