HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 12, 2012, 08:18 PM
Joined Feb 2010
117 Posts
Discussion
Is there a way to setup forums to show new posts since last visit?

Its really nice to be able to look at all the new posts and threads from all, or chosen forums. Many sites have this ability, I am not sure whether I can't find the correct process to do it, or it is not supported on the RCgroups..

Thanks for any help !
kitscratchfevr is offline Find More Posts by kitscratchfevr
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2012, 09:14 PM
United States, OR, Canby
Joined Aug 2011
2,437 Posts
On my browser any threads that have new posts is a darker shade of color than the ones that are the same as when I last looked at them which seems to be the same as other forums that I look at.
600Bob is offline Find More Posts by 600Bob
Old Feb 12, 2012, 10:04 PM
Joined Feb 2010
117 Posts
Some sites allow you to look at all the new posts (from every group)on one forum, that is all new replys . just wondered if it was doable here...
kitscratchfevr is offline Find More Posts by kitscratchfevr
Old Feb 12, 2012, 10:14 PM
Fly it like you STOL it!
United States, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Jan 2011
4,063 Posts
Click my rcgroups up top. Any threads with new posts that you have posted in or subscribed to will show up.
Endlesslag is offline Find More Posts by Endlesslag
Old Feb 12, 2012, 10:36 PM
Not failing=Not trying enough
United States, IA, Coralville
Joined Jun 2011
360 Posts
I use the My RcGroups a lot to keep updated on threads, but I don't think you'd want to subscribe to a whole forum, especially on a discussion board this big. If you want to, in the sub-forum, click "Forum Tools", then "Subscribe to this forum". Any new things will show up in your Control Panel.

A less obtrusive way is like 600Bob mentioned, threads with new posts since you last read will be bold, and on the homepage, the yellow remote control icon will be gray if there are no new posts in that section.
Wehrdo is offline Find More Posts by Wehrdo
Old Feb 13, 2012, 04:19 AM
Australia, ACT, Kambah
Joined Feb 2001
3,267 Posts
When I've finished looking at the few threads in a forum I'm interested in, I use the Mark this Forum Read button. That way, if there's nothing new at all, it is greyed out in My RCGroups, and when I do visit it, only new threads since the last time I set it to all read are bolded.

I've just gotten in the habit of clicking the all read button then back immediately to go back to my RCGroups - don't need to wait for the page to show all read.
scirocco is offline Find More Posts by scirocco
Old Feb 13, 2012, 08:22 AM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
8,025 Posts
I read the forums I'm interested in and scroll to the bottom of the page and hit the Mark forums read. Similar to what scricvo does, but you don't have to mark each forum individually.

Azarr
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr