HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 12, 2012, 05:57 PM
Joined Dec 2011
8 Posts
Rant
Walkera genius cp brushless upgrade kit problem

(I'm not sure if I'm posthing this in the right section of the forum , if not , sorry , I'm new here .)

Hey you guys I'm new to this posting thing so be patient. I bought 2 new Genius cp brushless upgrade kit from ehirobo and its worthless. The motors are weak or bl esc is diffective .Its like it was ment to work with two cell but its running on one. Ive tried the two kits, connect everything in the right place (double and tripple) check everything. I've tried good batteries too. The problem is their brushless speed control. I think its not programmed properly. It worthless worthless worthless. I bought 2 kits by mistake. I ordered one and got 2 (and bill for 2kits). I told my wife it doesn't matter if I have 2 kits Il use it anyway. Man was I wrong!!!! I'm really pissed. To have 1 kit deffective thats one thing, but two now thats a different story!!!!ff**@$%....Walkera... . there's nothing genius about that genius cp brushless upgrade kit.. I think I'm giving up on Walkera, they are just pissing me off lately. Hey I bought their old transmitter Walkera WK-2801-PRO (Ver 2.3) Just before that devo thing started. Then the I bought the devo12 in november thinking I'll be good for a while. Guess what they came out with the devo12s and the mini cp!!! f*$%@%$#.Last week I've ordered the mini cp and that telemetry module for my devo12, its in the mail. It just never ends...I should quit for a year or two. Lock my hobby room and trow away the key...Going back to that brushless upgrade kit. After doing a bit of thinking and playing with my devo12 raising the throttle curve up and dropping pitch curve down. I was able to do some hovering, didn't do much I was in my kitchen. It end up weighting(with a 300mah nano-tech 35c) 50g too heavy. Flying time is really short might have to use a 500mah size battery=more weight.
Better wait for the Genius cp brushless to come out or go back to brushed motors.

If you guys have any suggestion or help please reply
Bigde is offline Find More Posts by Bigde
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2012, 06:21 PM
Perpetually covered in resin
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2011
555 Posts
I can say a lot about the double BL kit....underpowered is not one of those things.

Other than that, the 12s is the same as the 12 but gunmetal instead of silver and already has the telemetry module installed...no big change there.
And i would never just buy the 12 for use with the micro helis....way overkill
I bought one for my 450-600 helis and planes...the fact I can use it with my GCP, v120d02s etc is just a plus.
RawmadeCF is offline Find More Posts by RawmadeCF
Old Feb 12, 2012, 07:38 PM
Joined Jan 2012
123 Posts
I hear ya man. I got mine working OK but definitely not a smooth flying machine, I am taking it all off as well. I think from what I am reading if you tear it apart you get 2 brushless escs out of it that can run the main brushless, and it supposed to be a powerful motor.

I have not tried or verified any of this, I am new to this whole thing, just what I am reading and planning to do myself.
distortionist is offline Find More Posts by distortionist
Old Feb 12, 2012, 10:21 PM
United States, TN, Johnson City
Joined Oct 2011
128 Posts
hey sorry your about bad experience with the kit. I am the one who posted about taking off the heat shrink of the esc. The unit is 2 speed controls soldered together. If you unsolder them you can use the top esc which is wired for the bl tail motor and use it for a brushless main motor esc. You do have to switch the pos. and neg. wires for the main to work because it will spin backwards since itis wired for the tail motor. If you just stick a razor under the tabs holding the wires into the connector, you can lift up the tabs and pill the wires right out and switch places with the red and black wires. This is if you want to use the main motor from the kit, I found that it took too much power even with the stock tail motor. I put the c05 brushless motor back on mine but I am using this esc from the kit. If you try to use the main motor esc which was on the bottom of the two, it does not work. From what I could see comparing the two, was that the main motor esc was missing a piece between the pos. and neg. places for wires. I soldered this piece onto it which I got from a broken esc and it still wouldn't work. Atleast you get something worth using from the kit.
Milf Hunter is online now Find More Posts by Milf Hunter
Old Feb 12, 2012, 10:27 PM
Joined Jan 2012
123 Posts
Ok I did this today. It works well! Much better than the double brushless setup.

I'll have to try the c05
distortionist is offline Find More Posts by distortionist
Old Feb 14, 2012, 09:48 PM
Joined Dec 2011
8 Posts
If there someone else who tried there double brushless upgrade kit and its running good please I would like to here from you's. Please let me know if change anything in the transmitter programming . I had to increase throttle curve and reduce pitch curve to have enough power to the main motor for flying.
Bigde is offline Find More Posts by Bigde
Old Feb 14, 2012, 11:38 PM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,087 Posts
Can I just make a suggestion for you to try, no need to have anything changed in the transmitter... when you connect the battery and the gyro finishes initializing, push the rudder full left for a second (no throttle) and release.
This is supposed to set the low point for the tail esc, if it does not work then you are no worse off.
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Old Mar 05, 2012, 11:42 PM
Ancient Novice
Joined Sep 2011
2 Posts
genius brushless upgrade

I installed the upgrade and everything worked for two flights. The main motor has plenty of power, and the tail HAD plenty of power and tracked well. After changing batteries and starting my third flight, the tail motor would not spin up, even with full right rudder stick. I think the esc is burnt out. It did get quite hot during normal flights. I will take the main motor esc and power the tail with it to verify esc failure.

Very disapointing!! I am finished with Walkera I have had too much trouble with every Walkera product I own. Receiver failure Genius CP, Devo 6 Transmitter kills the batteries when it is off, Lama2 DOA--- 1 bad motor. Screws stripped on Lama2 -- when checking assembly some screws spin freely on main blades. JUNK.
teri1957 is offline Find More Posts by teri1957