SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 13, 2003, 02:07 PM
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,510 Posts
Friday night indoor sessions at LM Recreation area on 10/24 and 11/21 (DFW area)

In addition to our upcoming Sunday Nov 9 event, we also have two of our normal Friday night indoor session scheduled. Both sessions are from 7-10 PM.

ANYONE that flies or enjoys indoor R/C are warmly welcomed. Spectators are also welcome.

The dates are Oct 24 and Nov 21.

The normal landing fee of 6 bucks for LMRA memebers and 8 bucks for families with two or more flyers, or 7 bucks for non members and 10 bucks for non member familes applies.

See you there!!
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2003, 07:23 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Joined Jun 2000
14,510 Posts
Bump.

Calling all DFW flyers and interested parties to come enjoy the indoor action at LMRA on Sunday Nov 9 and Friday Nov 21.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 13, 2003, 06:47 AM
Pro Bro #1008
USA, TX, Weatherford
Joined Sep 2003
4,676 Posts
will see you there the 21st..!
birdie_in_texas is offline Find More Posts by birdie_in_texas
Old Nov 14, 2003, 09:45 PM
Pro Bro #495
Farmington NM
Joined Apr 2002
3,193 Posts
me too. is someone going to bring the pylons this time?
fwilly is offline Find More Posts by fwilly
Old Nov 16, 2003, 03:17 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Joined Jun 2000
14,510 Posts
We will try to do better and bring the pylons this time, barring too many outside commitments and illnesses...

Bumping this up to the top. I hope everyone comes out this coming Friday night! We will not have a LMAC event in Dec, but plan two in January, one Friday night event and one Sunday afternoon event. Dates to follow!
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 17, 2003, 08:21 PM
dallas, tx
Joined Oct 2003
127 Posts
Thomas

I'll be there. Unfortunately since i'm new to rc flying and not done building my own i will be a spectator that evening. I'm currently trying to build my first 3dx by Tim H. I'm sure you talked to him before, i hear he is moving to the greater Dallas area soon!

Is this at the LMRC? If so, Ronin was kind enough to offer to help me with my plane, give me a few tips since i'm having trouble with my first plane.

See you there.
Mindstorm is offline Find More Posts by Mindstorm
Old Nov 17, 2003, 09:37 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Joined Jun 2000
14,510 Posts
Yep, we are located at the Lockheed Martin Recreation Area (LMRA). Look me up and say hello. I'm the big balding guy with glasses and a loud voice...
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2003, 03:12 PM
FoamyFactory.com
USA, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Nov 2001
4,344 Posts
I need driving directions from the DFW airport. I may be able to swing by on Fri night.

Tim H.
Tim H. is online now Find More Posts by Tim H.
Old Nov 21, 2003, 03:36 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Joined Jun 2000
14,510 Posts
This is the simplest way, if not quite the shortest.

Take the south DFW airport exit. Go west on 183.

This will take you to Loop 820. Head south on Loop 820 (left lanes from 183) Stay on loop 820 southbound past I30 all the way until loop 820 becomes I-20. You need to be in the right lanes of loop 820, as they will merge you into westbound I-20/loop 820. Continue west on I-20/loop 820 well past I-35 and exit at Bryant Irving road. Turn Right (north) and you will go under Southwest Blvd/183 and past a couple of stop lights.

Watch for Lockheed Martin Recreation Area on your left, turn in at the sign and tell the guard you are here for the model airplane event. We are in the double gym immediately to the right across the parking lot from the guard shack.

Here is a link to a thread that has a map of southwest Fort Worth. The star is LMRA.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hreadid=159330

Call me on my cell at 817-629-1540 if you have any trouble.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Thomas B; Nov 21, 2003 at 03:40 PM.
Old Nov 21, 2003, 03:43 PM
FoamyFactory.com
USA, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Nov 2001
4,344 Posts
See you guys there... I won't have any planes with me though.

Tim H.
Tim H. is online now Find More Posts by Tim H.
Old Dec 06, 2003, 09:38 PM
Arlington ,Tx ,USA
Joined Dec 2000
328 Posts
What's the next date?
Duane is offline Find More Posts by Duane
Old Dec 06, 2003, 09:45 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Joined Jun 2000
14,510 Posts
No session in Dec. We have a Friday night session and a Sunday afternoon session planned in Jan. I will post the dates soon.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 07, 2003, 08:34 PM
North Richland Hills, Texas USA
Joined Aug 2000
1,866 Posts
Tom, I'll go ahead and post em. Friday January 9th from 7 to 10pm next night session. Sunday the 25th from 12 to 6 is next Sunday session. First couple of hours for Sundays session will again be for the beginners with the remainder for the advanced flyers.

I haven't had a chance to talk to Jerry Small yet but Marchs Sunday meet will have at least 2/3 hours dedicated to T6 or Reno racing with the remainder of the session set aside for everyone else depending on body count. Boys ya need to get those Conquest, P51s and T6s ready and getting them trimmed for the races. Rules are simple, GWS A drive stock motor configuration, two lite pollies or six nicads whatever you want to carry, prop and weight is up to you. Mines up, running and ready to go.

Will set up dates for February this week and see what is available.

ed couch
Flight Director
Lockheed Aeromodelers
Ed Couch is online now Find More Posts by Ed Couch
Old Dec 07, 2003, 11:55 PM
Flying...Pushing Air Down
Clovis, NM, USA
Joined Nov 2000
3,548 Posts
New Battery!

Ed,

What are lite pollies? This is all confusing enough, already. Can I bring a LiteStik with an airscoop on the belly, and call it a P-51 Reno racer? Just kidding. Thanks for the info!

Gary
sr71fan is offline Find More Posts by sr71fan