HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 11, 2012, 09:43 AM
Joined Dec 2011
281 Posts
Discussion
Need advice on choosing a good jet & glider plane

Hello guys i was thinking to go either with multiplex funjet ultra or multiplex xeno, xeno semms to be an amazing glider and the delta style is really a great view but as ive heard funjet ultra is alot stronger in terms of body resistance and also alot faster, do you guys know a better substitute for the xeno and the funjet ultra? i know they are probably different categories but thats exactly what i want, a better replacement for each if there is such thing, i want to know if theres something with better quality than those.
Multiplex FunJet costs me 445€ with everything except the transmitter as for Xeno i dont know the price in portugal yet.
Oh btw do you think Multiplex Xeno body is resistant or is going to get weaker with time? im asking this because folding it to put it inside its bag makes me question its body strength over long time usage.

Best Regards!
Legendary_Agent is offline Find More Posts by Legendary_Agent
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2012, 08:32 PM
United States, CA, Oakland
Joined Dec 2002
2,332 Posts
Hey now,
MPX Zeno is a nice enough model I s'pose. But it's a bit sluggish under power and it's not a great glider. Ok on slope but not so much for thermal soaring. And the nifty hinge arrangement does weaken the airframe quite a bit. A nice gimick but it won't last and would fold under high G situations after a while.
The MPX fun jet ultra is a nice model too. With the right drive it's very fast and quite durable. It's nicely aerobatic too. But a glider it's not. Thermal soaring is dismal and slope isn't so great either. And of course neither is in any way a jet although the fju does convert to edf fairly easily. If you want a powered flying wing type model Some of the Trick rc Zagis do alright but need some mode to do well. As to the pusher pseudo jet double deltas like the fju you won't get much better then the fun jet ultra.
Better to get a more traditional motor sailer if you want a powered glider type model.
RobII
elfwreck is offline Find More Posts by elfwreck