SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by bebev, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 01:58 PM
United States, PA, Clarks Summit
Joined Oct 2005
168 Posts
Discussion
Upgraded and Modified CX2

My Upgraded and Modified CX2
(02/10/2012)

Original Stock: Frame, servos, rotor shafts with gears, Inner shaft aluminum head, front half fuselage canopy

Brushless Motors and ESC's: Because I purchased these with the CX2 from another person who bought it from another person, I cannot say for certain what brand they are, but they appear to be similar to a kit that was sold by WOW Hobbies. So I believe that the motors are C10 motors.

Stabilizing Flybar is from Boomtown Hobbies Sport 6.75"

Lower rotor head, swash plate, connectors and blade grips are from an esky lama V2/3

Rotor Blades: Extreme Hard White V1 upper and lower Blades

Tail Boom and fin set are Carbon Fiber by Micro Heli

Aluminum landing skids: Purchased from another user, so I don't know the Co. or brand.

Battery tray: None needed, battery is attached with rubber bands to the landing skids allowing the use of larger than stock size batteries.

Transmitter and Receiver: Both are from a stock Esky Big Outdoor Lama, TX is 4 Channel. RX is 6 channel I am currently using these until a obtain an E-flite Receiver to use with the stock CX2 transmitter.

Gyromixer: an Assan 250 gyro modified to function also as a mixer with programmable functions by an RC Groups user, OlliW

Flight characteristics:
I have only had this current setup with the Gyromixer for a short time, but what I feel describes this most is "Stability and Precision".

These two features make it very docile and easy to control for indoor flying particularly in small tight spaces which contain lots of obstacles that must be avoided. It will now fly where before I could only fly an E-flite MCX.

Outside flying is also a joy. Using an 11.1V battery it has the power and stability to handle a light breeze easily without being bounced around and blown into a tree.

Another feature a like is its more scale like flight.

As for speed, I cannot comment about hard and fast flying with it since I don't believe my motors and or ESC's are capable of any extreme fast and hard turning flying.
bebev is offline Find More Posts by bebev
to remove ads between posts