HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 16, 2012, 09:29 AM
Joined Jan 2012
819 Posts
Scorp thanks for the heads up about the parts. I was going over the boat til about 12:30am this morning and found another crack along the inside bottom of one of the tail fins...its about fingernail long...should i ask for a replacement?? Or is this to be expected for the cost??
stiks is online now Find More Posts by stiks
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2012, 10:16 AM
Joined Jul 2011
2,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiks View Post
just made it home..here are the links to what i have purchased so far..waiting for shipping:

motor:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...or_1000kv.html

I was hoping the other t5692 780kv would become available but it is still on backorder. Its 50 volts with of course the lower kv..but this motor does 40v with about the same specs. Since i am new to this i figured this would be an ok motor ..like with planes..there is always room for growth..

esc:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...oled_ESC_.html

after checking this esc against the Swordfish (scorp) it looks very much like the same unit with a different rapper..we'll see..

and of course the "coke-cola boat" hydro:
http://www.nitrorcx.com/99b-12001-ck-1300-kit.html

doesnt look like a coke can a bit..??

I ordered the 2 traxxas 2056 waterproof servos today from my buddy clement at toysonics.com..with my discount..$27.00 each.

All of my 8 planes have used/use spektrum so im leaning towards them..what is a relatively decent price range to stick too?

WOW! Getting your hands wet
hotlinercort is offline Find More Posts by hotlinercort
Old Feb 16, 2012, 03:58 PM
Joined Jan 2012
819 Posts
Just got off instant chat with nitrorcx...they are going to send me a shipping label so i they replace my hydro.. The cracks are really not that much..but its the principal...something brand new shouldnt be broken..the label will come then i will send the broken unit back..they are going to ship me the new one so hopefully i should have a defect free unit by late next week..?? That will probably be about the same time all my parts show up......
Last edited by stiks; Feb 16, 2012 at 03:59 PM. Reason: mispell
Old Feb 17, 2012, 12:31 PM
Joined Jan 2012
819 Posts
I checked the boat again when i got home..after talking to nitrorcx..by the way if you ever have to ..the best way is the online chat under support...or rcdiscuss.com..down at the bottom of that page are the different groups you can post to..they answered that pretty quick as well.

Anyway..i checked that fin when i got home...it was like totally loose...i didnt move it all when i first looked at it..it looked solid..i was just sort of stuck on the cracks..but that thing was completely broken...

I checked OSE and HK and all the parts i ordered so far have been shipped...going to vegas tonight to see if i can recoup!!
Old Feb 17, 2012, 01:39 PM
United States, TX, McKinney
Joined Oct 2007
39 Posts
Good luck.
oscarel is online now Find More Posts by oscarel
Old Feb 17, 2012, 03:19 PM
Joined Jan 2012
819 Posts
Just picked up the new controller...ordered it from horizon...my hobby shop kept selling out...
Old Feb 17, 2012, 05:57 PM
I feel the need for speed!
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,163 Posts
That stinks about the hull.............. i hate waiting for something only to send it back and wait again!
scorpion1 is offline Find More Posts by scorpion1
Old Feb 18, 2012, 07:23 PM
Joined Oct 2007
39 Posts
Here's a little inspiration for you while you wait. Saw this on Fightercat's site for one of his ESC's.
Mark and his BEAST! (2 min 55 sec)
Old Feb 18, 2012, 07:36 PM
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,163 Posts
Since vids are being thrown up, here's mine i'm kinda proud of..........and my motor doesnt come in at 190* after 1 minute.........comes in at 140ish after 4 minutes.

50" Hydro Castle 2028 WOT runs (2 min 3 sec)
Old Feb 18, 2012, 07:49 PM
Joined Oct 2007
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
Since vids are being thrown up, here's mine i'm kinda proud of..........and my motor doesnt come in at 190* after 1 minute.........comes in at 140ish after 4 minutes.

And I'd be proud of it too, very nice!!
Old Feb 18, 2012, 07:56 PM
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarel View Post
And I'd be proud of it too, very nice!!
Thanks!
Old Feb 19, 2012, 08:11 PM
Joined Jan 2012
819 Posts
Back from Vegas...did ok. The wife is the gambler...she always saves us at the end with blackjack

Received my goods from OSE..took some pics but computer is tied up..will post later tonight. Pretty sure everything is closed tomorrow so will send boat off on Tuesday..that slow boat from china outta be showin up pretty soon with the motor and esc..will let you know..
Old Feb 19, 2012, 10:56 PM
Joined Jan 2012
819 Posts
OSE parts order_in

OSE parts came in:
-prop
-adapter
-cooler
-flex drive
-rx...from horizon
-drive dog
Old Feb 20, 2012, 01:12 PM
Joined Jan 2012
819 Posts
Checked with hobbyking chat support..my motor and esc hit california on the 18 th and is currently waiting for customs inspection...
Old Feb 20, 2012, 08:43 PM
Joined Jan 2012
819 Posts
controller came today..man i just ordered it the other day.. Boat has been shipped...the guys at UPS asked what was in the huge light box...they flipped out when i showed them a cell phone pic..took me an extra 20 minutes to get out of there..they said it should be delivered by tomorrow morning..lets see how long the turnaround is...