HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 14, 2012, 01:43 PM
Joined Jan 2012
815 Posts
By the way.....THE BOAT CAME IN....didnt get home until late. It was by the door..no one called or told me about it when i came home.

We had just bought a new table so there are empty card board boxes all over..good thing i didnt accidentally sit it out with the trash...lol I will post pics tonight.

Now that i have it i think i have buyers remorse..i didnt even want to open it....nah!! .to hell with that..im trying to find a way out of work early to go stare at it...lol
stiks is offline Find More Posts by stiks
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2012, 02:08 PM
United States, TX, McKinney
Joined Oct 2007
38 Posts
Buyers remorse.. Whatever you do don't add up what you've spent!
oscarel is offline Find More Posts by oscarel
Old Feb 14, 2012, 03:58 PM
Joined Jan 2012
815 Posts
too late...i thought this was going to be the economy version of Scorps big red...but its like every 2 items is $100 bucks...almost done though..still have to get:
-transmitter...spectrum dx3c
-motor mount
-batteries
-turn fin....but i am hopping scorp lays a way early b-day gift on me and makes me a couple...but i guess i should ask first..lol
Old Feb 14, 2012, 05:16 PM
Redneck Injuneer
Bradenton, Florida
Joined Aug 2007
6,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarel View Post
Buyers remorse.. Whatever you do don't add up what you've spent!
I made that mistake on my big 1/8 scale F-16.and can't bring myself to fly it. Get kind of sick to my stomach every time I think about it.
bill34207 is online now Find More Posts by bill34207
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 15, 2012, 01:39 PM
Joined Jan 2012
815 Posts
Scorp..just pm'd you.. I know you made the turn fin on big red..where do you get that mount?

thanks
Old Feb 15, 2012, 02:14 PM
I feel the need for speed!
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,086 Posts
I pm'd back........i made the mount too
scorpion1 is offline Find More Posts by scorpion1
Old Feb 15, 2012, 03:00 PM
Joined Jan 2012
815 Posts
Thanks Scorp!!

General question...do you all have the NAMBA membership...??
Old Feb 15, 2012, 03:03 PM
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,086 Posts
Yes
Old Feb 15, 2012, 03:44 PM
Joined Jan 2012
815 Posts
there goes another $45.00..thanks scorp...do you get "carded" much when out at lakes/ponds? is there like a NAMBA cop when you go out? It looked as though some strictly controlled "member" locations require it?
Old Feb 15, 2012, 10:09 PM
Joined Jan 2012
815 Posts
boat pics

Just opened the box on the boat..and guess what.. The cowling has a close to 2 inch crack in it...near the front "leading edge" that fits in at the front. I tried to take some pics of it but they all wash out in the flash..may need natural light for that. Anyway i emailed everybody and their brother at Nitrorcx. I tried to open a ticket on their system but it just keeps prompting me to put in the confirmation code over and over.. They have a link to a message board that i guess they monitor so i posted something there..tomorrow i will hammer on their phone lines..i will keep you all posted
Old Feb 16, 2012, 07:09 AM
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,086 Posts
I sold all the Gas related items(muffler, tanks etc) here on RCG for $25............
Old Feb 16, 2012, 08:11 AM
Redneck Injuneer
Bradenton, Florida
Joined Aug 2007
6,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
I just ordered several of these servo's for a land application and to replace the 2075 in Big Yellow. If these are anything like the specs indicate, these should be awesome for 22 bucks!! Alloy milled case, 200oz. of torque, and all metal gears!! I'll report back as to how they perform, but geez, at 22 bucks a pop and the specs, how can you go wrong?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=12451
I went ahead and ordered a couple of those servos this morning myself. Had an email alert that these were back in stock http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10328 so decided to make the order worthwhile for the shipping.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 16, 2012, 08:29 AM
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,086 Posts
Neat little Gizmo there Bill..................how does it discharge.........does it have to be hooked up to a charger?
Old Feb 16, 2012, 09:17 AM
Redneck Injuneer
Bradenton, Florida
Joined Aug 2007
6,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
Neat little Gizmo there Bill..................how does it discharge.........does it have to be hooked up to a charger?
Here's a little copy n paste from one of the reviews there. I ordered mostly for the balance feature and as a display my eyes can see for checking cell voltage at the lake. I'm thinking to get a decent discharge rate you would still need it hooked to a charger or other discharge device.

(insert copy)
-All Adapters work parallel, you can also use for example the 5 cell plug with 2 cells if you use the bottom most pins (minus is bottom most)

- I did a lot of "missuse tests" (reverse polarity on the balancing plugs), but it doesn't harm my balancer.
So I welded a standard 2.54mm pin plug, which I use for all my cells.

- I opened it, and found a professional layout. It seems as if you can increase the discharging current with additional resistors but you have to keep in mind the generation of heat.

- The discharging and balancing current is not very high, it takes a long time to discharge calls with higher capacity.

- The accuracy is ok, tests with a precision multimeter show differences of ca. 20mV for 2 cells and ca. 120mV for 6 cells (it seems as if you could not do an externeal calibration easyly, if someone knows, please let us know). For this price range, that is ok, more importent are anyway the relative values of the cells.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 16, 2012, 09:27 AM
Joined Jan 2012
815 Posts
Bill some of the guys from our air field use them..pretty handy for quick balancing..they say it cuts down on the charge time at the field..do a regular charge off their car or external battery; no balance..then balance them with the gizmo..