SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:07 AM
Lysdexic I'm
Spring, TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,379 Posts
I spent about 4 hours assembling a PA Ultimate AMR. I'm maybe 1/3 - 1/2 the way through. What a nice plane! I can't wait to get her finished.
HeeBeeGeeBee is offline Find More Posts by HeeBeeGeeBee
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:14 AM
looking up down under
Australia, NSW, Fairlight
Joined Feb 2008
1,342 Posts
took the mini-stick with some new gear in it out four 4 batteries' worth

what a great little plane
scruffy1 is online now Find More Posts by scruffy1
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:40 AM
Lysdexic I'm
Spring, TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffy1 View Post
took the mini-stick with some new gear in it out four 4 batteries' worth

what a great little plane
Nice plane for sure! Love the sticks.

I got a couple more hours in on the PA Ultimate AMR but still have a long way to go.
HeeBeeGeeBee is offline Find More Posts by HeeBeeGeeBee
Old Sep 20, 2012, 04:47 PM
United States, VT, Burlington
Joined Mar 2012
76 Posts
I maidened a friend's axn floater jet. We flew it hard in 15-20 mph gusts for about five hours, and managed to break it in half at the waist. It was a blast, and should be easy to fix.
IamNabil is offline Find More Posts by IamNabil
Old Sep 20, 2012, 06:04 PM
Getting good at foam repair
Australia, QLD, Surfers Paradise
Joined Aug 2012
244 Posts
Put together my Durafly Monocoupe 110 special. Hanging out to maiden but the wind is a bit gusty atm

G
GTrain is offline Find More Posts by GTrain
Old Sep 20, 2012, 06:15 PM
Joined Apr 2010
14 Posts
Went to the park with my Bixler, too gusty, went home and did some more woodwork on my own design low winger and fitted the ailerons and servo's on my own design cabin high winger.
McMoggy is offline Find More Posts by McMoggy
Old Sep 20, 2012, 06:25 PM
Promoting Model Aviation...
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Nov 2005
24,884 Posts
It wasn't today, but pretty cool nonetheless I think.

I flew my stock Superfly at 11,316 feet.

Frank
Murocflyer is offline Find More Posts by Murocflyer
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Murocflyer; Oct 28, 2013 at 11:12 PM.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:33 PM
looking up down under
Joined Feb 2008
1,342 Posts
another 2 sorties with the spitfire mkVIII

what a beautiful plane, and what a delight to fly
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:46 PM
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined Jan 2006
192 Posts
I took my 3x repaired Alpha 450 sport for a short fly today. Lets see. I am using the origonal repaired fuse and repaired wings..Hey this was the Back to Origonal day.lol This plane has had a mid air and wing ripped apart and rebuilt and a fuse rebuild. I have a 2nd fuse which was in the last crash repaired and waiting in the wings..Today was a test flight to get the trims and balance correct. Was pretty windy and just a ton of goose poop all over the runway. Had to use the grass.
Boy does that plane float nice into the wind. It just glided down so slow and level and no honking like the geese. I went home really happy.
touche is offline Find More Posts by touche
Old Sep 21, 2012, 04:03 AM
looking up down under
Joined Feb 2008
1,342 Posts
2x2s and 3x3s through the bonsai

fun, but sadly the keychain camera that was the major reason for the outing failed to stay recording - i suspect the vibration made it switch itself off due to the way i mounted it where the buttons were up against the battery without any intermediate "cushion"

bummer !
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:56 PM
Joined May 2012
14 Posts
I took my first plane out for the maiden flight. Crashed it beyond repair aah well, paid 16$ for it and all the electronics i put in it still works. i guess you get what you pay for

I'm thinking about building a slowstick, something easy to fly. Only problem will be to get my hands on some depron or other foam here in europe...
Breuzie is offline Find More Posts by Breuzie
Old Sep 22, 2012, 05:48 PM
Glad to be here...
United States, GA, Cleveland
Joined Feb 2012
185 Posts
Decided to fly my Apprentice in gusty winds. They were blowing at about 80 degress to the runway. Bad ju ju. I was practicing approaches to the runway, crabbing in at about 60 degrees. Gust hit the plane, and I over corrected. Ended up augering it in at about 1/3 throttle. Broke the tail almost completely off just in front of the pushrod exits. :-S Well, this is my first bad crash in 6 months of learning. A little glue and I'll be back at it next week.
MX5Seeker is offline Find More Posts by MX5Seeker
Old Sep 22, 2012, 06:21 PM
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMJim View Post
Been a rought month of flying for me. Brown out with my new Dynam FW190 results in a fatal crash a couple weeks ago. Brown out yesterday in another plane( Wattage Wildcat) fatal as well. Buddy had two brownouts in the same brand new PZ T-28 Trojan. one of those while I was flying it....Our field is brownout central lately....
Are both of you using the same brand of receiver?
Babadush is offline Find More Posts by Babadush
Old Sep 22, 2012, 07:26 PM
United Kingdom, England, Compton
Joined Feb 2008
83 Posts
Flew my Supercub and Parkzone Stratus up on the Downs tonight for an hour and a half'ish - lovely conditions, absolutely no wind at all. Probably the best flying i've had all year.

Another flyer was up there for once, which makes a change from flying on your tod.

Did'nt crash anything tonight either... What supprised me was how much easier landing was with no wind, managed some expert looking landings tonight - with only one ending up in the 3ft stinging nettles at the edge of the gallops.
keef30 is offline Find More Posts by keef30
Old Sep 22, 2012, 08:16 PM
Joined Nov 2008
464 Posts
Well I cracked my Champ's wing today while do some loops.

Edmond
Edmond Y is offline Find More Posts by Edmond Y