Love the Corsair. Cool room too.
RayPaganJr is offline Find More Posts by RayPaganJr
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 27, 2012, 06:44 AM
Low'n Slow is safest, right?
Norge, Østfold, Fredrikstad
Joined Jun 2011
553 Posts
Picked my new Bixler up at the post office, assembled it and maidened on the soccer field cross the streets, then back home and added some FPV equipment:

And since my flying buddy/spotter choose to use the lovely Norwegian Summer to do this instead of flying,

my 11-year old son were to enjoy the maiden with FPV-equipment fitted through the goggles and having a blast with the head-tracking while I was flying visual...

Greetings From Norway,
Kai W-E
KaiWE is offline Find More Posts by KaiWE
Last edited by KaiWE; Aug 06, 2012 at 10:35 AM. Reason: messed up attachments...
Old Aug 06, 2012, 07:39 AM
United States, IL, Essex
Joined Feb 2010
1,475 Posts
Today I was up with the sun for some calm early morning flying with my modifiel HZ Supercub and my eflite L4 grasshopper.It was a short drive to a new subdivision that is being developed. The streets are in but no homes yet. I just did some very relaxing and satisfying touch-n-goes. I got two flights from each plane.
Then I drove home and sat on the front step with a cup of coffee flying my HZ Champ around the yard landing when it was time for a sip of coffee.
What a great way to begin the day!
jwp2 is offline Find More Posts by jwp2
Old Aug 06, 2012, 08:07 AM
looking up down under
Australia, NSW, Fairlight
Joined Feb 2008
1,301 Posts
put 3x 3s 370mah batteries through the bonsai at noon in the park down the hill

climbed to almost invisibility, and then did a great spiral from a couple of hundred feet before repowering and flying some crazy circuits

thought about playing limbo with the soccer goal, and thankfully decided not to attempt a plane wreck

went home with a big smile on my face
scruffy1 is online now Find More Posts by scruffy1
Old Aug 07, 2012, 09:37 PM
The wind caused that!!
United States, OK, Poteau
Joined Jul 2012
617 Posts
maidened my first plane!!! e-flite apprentice. nervous as hell, sweating and shaking, but it went perfectly!!! now sitting on the couch having a cold one, waiting for my legs to quit shaking. I'M HOOKED!
hoghead5150 is offline Find More Posts by hoghead5150
Old Aug 07, 2012, 10:23 PM
Joined May 2012
33 Posts
I glue mine back together for the umpteenth time.
gawlerj is offline Find More Posts by gawlerj
Old Aug 07, 2012, 11:20 PM
JrV
I am dangerous!
United States, NH
Joined Oct 2007
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoghead5150 View Post
maidened my first plane!!! e-flite apprentice. nervous as hell, sweating and shaking, but it went perfectly!!! now sitting on the couch having a cold one, waiting for my legs to quit shaking. I'M HOOKED!
Congrats! I have yet to step behind mine. Still flying my champ till I get the balls to take up the apprentice.
JrV is offline Find More Posts by JrV
Old Aug 08, 2012, 12:26 AM
The wind caused that!!
United States, OK, Poteau
Joined Jul 2012
617 Posts
i was nervous, but the apprentice flew great! it is my first plane, i've flown my brothers super cub a few times tho. to me the apprentice was a little easier to fly than the super cub. maybe it was because i wasn't worried about crashing somebody else's plane, or what, but the apprentice flew VERY stable.
hoghead5150 is offline Find More Posts by hoghead5150
Old Aug 08, 2012, 05:16 AM
2 new
United States, FL, Pembroke Pines
Joined Jun 2012
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoghead5150 View Post
I hear you on the shaking part. The first three or four times flying I wasn't nervous at all. One day, I don't know why, I started shaking. It got so bad I had to relinquish control. Slowly but surely it's getting better, especially if I'm by myself. Good luck to us both.
RayPaganJr is offline Find More Posts by RayPaganJr
Old Aug 08, 2012, 04:55 PM
AMA 994002
United States, RI, Westerly
Joined May 2012
1,045 Posts
Tomorrow, at Dawn, me and #1 Son's itinerary includes flying 3 micros, namely 2 Nine Eagles 400mm Warbirds (Spitfire, P47) a Flyzone Albatross, a Double Horse 9104 Helicopter, and an Interceptor 052 CX Helicopter. And then hopefully tomorrow, but most likely Friday, 3 gyros will arrive via U.S.P.S., that will be installed in 2 750mm P47s, and the other going into a 1400mm P47, hooked up to ailerons on all 3 models. Then I saw Flitetest's video about the i86 stabilizer, and then the rather rusty gears began to turn...hmm...
matiac is offline Find More Posts by matiac
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Stability issue
Old Aug 09, 2012, 01:09 AM
Chris “Fly Baby” Greenshields
United States, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Aug 2012
28 Posts
I inherited an old beat up P-51B about a month ago and I have been sanding it down to the wood so I can glass and paint the plane. after finishing the fuselage today I noticed the elevators were warped and broken. So today i used the old one as a template and made new ones. The new ones look really nice.
GoBeach75 is offline Find More Posts by GoBeach75
Old Aug 09, 2012, 04:08 AM
RC Newb/Gorilla Glue User
United States, OH
Joined Jul 2011
124 Posts
For the first time since putting it in a tree, I flew it through a 1500 mah Turnigy, was pleasantly surprised at the additional climb power it seemed to have. With the CG right on the money and elevators flush, she climbs at half throttle! And she's an ounce or two heavier now. Good flight, three good touch-and goes, and a smooth full-stop.

Perfect!
WingNut64 is online now Find More Posts by WingNut64
Old Aug 09, 2012, 07:32 PM
United States, KY, Booneville
Joined Jul 2012
407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayPaganJr View Post
I hear you on the shaking part. The first three or four times flying I wasn't nervous at all. One day, I don't know why, I started shaking. It got so bad I had to relinquish control. Slowly but surely it's getting better, especially if I'm by myself. Good luck to us both.
Yeah I feel ya there. Finally got to take mine up on tuesday. Thank god for a buddy box....lol
medic45 is offline Find More Posts by medic45
Old Aug 10, 2012, 07:31 PM
3d addict
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
Tore an aileron servo out of the middle of my crack Pitts today. . Died on me the other night and spiraled in from about 50ft up. Lol. Thankfully the plane takes a beating. New servo installed and just waiting for the glue to dry on the wing where I had to cut to get the servo out. Hehe. Cant wait to get out early and give it a shakedown.
Aaeolien is offline Find More Posts by Aaeolien
Old Aug 10, 2012, 09:27 PM
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Jun 2011
14 Posts
Watched the wing collapse on the aileron'd hz supercub for the third time. Even with the two sticks of carbon fibre to reinforce it. I think it's time to pull the 1000kv 480 sized motor out of it and find a second plane to throw it in. I just can't decide if I want something to learn 3d or something along the lines of a hotliner
Jerrycronus is offline Find More Posts by Jerrycronus