HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 05, 2012, 12:17 AM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,371 Posts
Today I finally sorted out the tricky issues with my newest wing, a 30" insulation foam jobbie. Flies real nice now with plenty of "GO!" when I step on the pedal. I also gave it a coat of neon green duct tape on top. Probably added about six pounds ... I don't care; it looks cool

I'm debating whether or not to do the bottom in black. Ideally I'd like to cover the foam if only to keep it from picking up the grass stains, dirt smudges, fingernail marks, and the general nonsense that accumulates on it... Hmmm....
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 05, 2012, 12:44 PM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Oct 2010
3,994 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bm2thirsty View Post
started to paint my HZ Champ in a Coast Guard C-130 paint scheme!
boats
Hi boats,
Just noticed this ..... so how is the painting going? Let me see it when it's done.
Don
dkrhardy is offline Find More Posts by dkrhardy
Old Jun 05, 2012, 01:26 PM
PowerTower
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Aug 2009
975 Posts
It would have been good to get some flying time in, but here in UK south-west it's not really the weather for it at the moment. Second-best, finishing my P39 AiraCobra so when weather improves I will have a new plane to maiden fly.
RWData is offline Find More Posts by RWData
Old Jun 11, 2012, 09:11 PM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jul 2011
2,138 Posts
re did some hinges today...
JDMJim is offline Find More Posts by JDMJim
Old Jun 12, 2012, 01:10 AM
Builds better than he flies
Germany, BY, Munich
Joined May 2012
129 Posts
Stared at it (them) woefully wondering when the wind and rain are finally going to stop and summer arrives.
CodeJock is offline Find More Posts by CodeJock
Old Jun 12, 2012, 08:39 AM
manahawkin NJ
Joined Dec 2009
1,291 Posts
Sunday I was flying my wild hawk high in the sky what a awesome glider...
After flying that for hrs I took my wild cat for a few laps around the field lol looking at a goal post as I was flying saying how cool would it be to fly under the goal.
Well it did not end well...
Listen for the DING (0 min 55 sec)
smitty919 is online now Find More Posts by smitty919
Old Jun 12, 2012, 01:06 PM
United States, IL, Essex
Joined Feb 2010
1,466 Posts
That was hard to watch Smitty!
I hope the repairs will be quick and smooth.

Today I'm installing an eagletree altimeter in my select scale 182. I'll run a Y cable and it will share a channel with the flaps.
jwp2 is online now Find More Posts by jwp2
Old Jun 12, 2012, 02:05 PM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Oct 2010
3,994 Posts
Looked really good until you pulled up at the exact wrong time! It did sound good!
Don
dkrhardy is offline Find More Posts by dkrhardy
Old Jun 12, 2012, 02:45 PM
Joined Jan 2012
235 Posts
Wierd flying day

I had a wierd flying day yesterday.I was playing around with my cessna182 at a park. Getting the settings right and all to take off.I was having probs with the front wheel(moded) it steering to one side.As i lifted it off the ground, it got about...ten feet up started to bank left.Hung in that spot like time was stopped for a few seconds then came down on its left wing and broke off about 1/4 of the wing right off.As i looked at the plane and was seeing if what still work relized the the ailerons were reversed.fixed that. I was planning on scrapping this plane so i decided to lift off again thinking if it crash's and brakes ...ohhh well. It left the ground and started flying like there was no prob.Was flying it great with no countering for the lost part of the wing.It flew like both wings were fully in one piece.Did some barrel rolls, loops,inverted flight, low flybys, and landed it with no prob
helifreak1 is offline Find More Posts by helifreak1
Old Jun 13, 2012, 11:43 AM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
6,942 Posts
flattened HZ SC wing - ailerons have better effect. sensei landing gear - no more bending back the stock landing gear or being knocked over by crosswinds after landing.
cmdl is online now Find More Posts by cmdl
Old Jun 13, 2012, 10:15 PM
United States, CA, Santa Rosa
Joined Mar 2011
874 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyplugs View Post
Sunday I was flying my wild hawk high in the sky what a awesome glider...
After flying that for hrs I took my wild cat for a few laps around the field lol looking at a goal post as I was flying saying how cool would it be to fly under the goal.
Well it did not end well...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjUvo...e_gdata_player
I bet you couldn't hit that crossbar again if you tried
asosestrom is offline Find More Posts by asosestrom
Old Jun 14, 2012, 01:37 AM
Once you taste flight...
United States, VA, Fort Belvoir
Joined Dec 2011
2,735 Posts
I finally got the servo's in my nine eagles skyclimber wing wired up so it works with the NE gear. While I was at it, and since it is an experimental wing, figured I would break out with my new air brush, and see how I could paint a couple of stripes on it, looks good where it was just foam, not so hot on the tape lol.
Hoping that I can maiden the wing this morning when I get off of work. I have flattened the wing, and reinforced all the control surfaces on the bird.
skydvejam is offline Find More Posts by skydvejam
Old Jun 18, 2012, 02:20 AM
Germany, BY, Munich
Joined May 2012
129 Posts
Not today, but at the weekend

So, I have been a very good boy lately and decided to "skive" off on Friday. Weather has been crappy until Thursday evening, Friday morning was glorious. I took a trip to my LHS and treated myself to a Wildcat. Plugged the charger into the cigarrette lighter socket in the car and by the time I got to the field, the LiPo was full.

I assembled my new toy straight out of the box, plugged in the LiPo, checked balance, bound to my receiver and launched. Take-off was a little ropey but I got it into the air and it flew pretty well considering. I landed it (too much elevator so it bounced a couple of times on the fake tail wheel) so dialled in the expo and throw. Launched again (this time more fluid than the first time) and did a couple of loops and rolls.

She tended a little to the left so landed again and corrected the ailerons (the left was not quite centered). Launched again (fluid, same as before) and took her straight up. Pulled a couple of rolls, loops and figure 8's and she flew beautifully.

An absolute dream, and it even looks pretty cool on high-speed low-level fly-by's.

Only thing, when I loop (which at the moment I only do at altitude), I lose a little height so am wondering if some of you guys could tell me what combination of aileron/elevator/rudder I need to use to keep my rolls level.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 05:08 AM
who put that tree there
Joined Jun 2010
808 Posts
assembled a pz bf109(fathers day gift from my littleones).
battery charged, off for maiden flight..
dazza44 is offline Find More Posts by dazza44
Old Jun 18, 2012, 05:17 AM
Germany, BY, Munich
Joined May 2012
129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazza44 View Post
assembled a pz bf109(fathers day gift from my littleones).
battery charged, off for maiden flight..
Good luck and happy landings!