HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 09, 2012, 02:32 PM
United States, FL, Weston
Joined Jan 2012
62 Posts
Discussion
What did you do to your plane today?

I have a Hobbyzone supercub and I bought a nice little stand for it so i can work on it better. I plan on going brushless and getting a new TX and RX for it. Im also looking at bigger tires for grass take offs. She's also getting a brand new HD 808 #16 key chain cam already on it's way from china.

So, what are you doing to your plane?

Feel free to post picture of your work
or videos of your flights it that's what you
did... Keep the thread alive, Post them updates!!
Happy posting..
809Flyer is offline Find More Posts by 809Flyer
Last edited by 809Flyer; Feb 10, 2012 at 10:00 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2012, 03:12 PM
If it flies.....I can crash it
United Kingdom, England, Preston on Stour
Joined Nov 2011
1,745 Posts
Today I didn't crash, that's gift enough for one day.
blackbrabus is offline Find More Posts by blackbrabus
Old Feb 09, 2012, 07:40 PM
Joined Jan 2012
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbrabus View Post
Today I didn't crash, that's gift enough for one day.
I agree. any day you come home with a whole plane then you had a good day.
Old Feb 09, 2012, 07:50 PM
Winter Haven FL
Joined Dec 2003
508 Posts
Nothing today, but yesterday I reinforced the motor mount because I found out yesterday while flying that I should have from the time before
Byrdman is offline Find More Posts by Byrdman
Old Feb 10, 2012, 09:27 AM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Oct 2010
3,929 Posts
Nothing yet! Yesterday I introduced my 48" balsa Super Sportster to Mr. Fencepost. Landing roll was waaaaay too long. I have a small crushed area on the LE but it is between ribs! Lucky, eh? So today I'm off to find balsa to repair it.
Don
dkrhardy is offline Find More Posts by dkrhardy
Old Feb 10, 2012, 02:15 PM
Joined Jan 2012
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrhardy View Post
Nothing yet! Yesterday I introduced my 48" balsa Super Sportster to Mr. Fencepost. Landing roll was waaaaay too long. I have a small crushed area on the LE but it is between ribs! Lucky, eh? So today I'm off to find balsa to repair it.
Don
Ouchhh....... Pics?
Old Feb 10, 2012, 06:11 PM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Oct 2010
3,929 Posts
I went to a hobby store, non-plane type, and bought a 1x1 hunk-o-balsa as well as some balsa sheets. Carved a LE and fit it in and did the sheeting. No matching covering, but some trim tape that is spot on. After lots of sanding, etc, did the cover and all of the proper trim colors .... looks good. Wife was within 3 feet before she even guessed anything was done! Airfoil is correct, all is good!
I don't mess with photos, and I don't do the Photobucket stuff. As much as I love to see your photos, I just don't bother trying to post 'em. Old guy, no patience. Sorry.
Don
dkrhardy is offline Find More Posts by dkrhardy
Old Feb 10, 2012, 07:46 PM
Just having fun
United States, KY, Hopkinsville
Joined Feb 2008
1,964 Posts
I need to replace the retracts on my GWS P-51 Mustang. Will that be today? Prolly not. But, I need to get it done soon. And, since you are into pics, here ya go.

Freddy
Fredriksson is online now Find More Posts by Fredriksson
Old Feb 10, 2012, 08:53 PM
Joined Jan 2012
62 Posts
I got an additional DSM Receiver for my SC from Horizon today... Im buying a small PNF either spitfire or P-51 which I intend to add it to.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 09:34 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Oct 2011
667 Posts
I flew my Dynam SR-22 Trainer this morning. Its a little beat up but it still flies great. It was a little windy. Video was captured with a Kodak Playfull

Dynam SR-22 Aerial Video (5 min 41 sec)
devgrp is offline Find More Posts by devgrp
Old Feb 10, 2012, 09:39 PM
2 Fast 2 Low & 2 Loud
United States, CA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2011
2,858 Posts
NICE thread 809flyer.

I put the PZ P-47 on the stand on top of the tall file cabinet Since the wildcat is on the bench getting a new power 10 upgrade... Waiting on the parkBECs to arrive. That's the last piece of that puzzle ... then I can wait for the servos to start the spoiler mod on the Wildcat. I figure spoilers on a belly lander right?
scootrb4 is online now Find More Posts by scootrb4
Old Feb 10, 2012, 10:05 PM
Joined Jan 2012
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootrb4 View Post
NICE thread 809flyer.

I put the PZ P-47 on the stand on top of the tall file cabinet Since the wildcat is on the bench getting a new power 10 upgrade... Waiting on the parkBECs to arrive. That's the last piece of that puzzle ... then I can wait for the servos to start the spoiler mod on the Wildcat. I figure spoilers on a belly lander right?
Looks like you have your hands full... Sounds fun. I can't wait to start my spitfire build... Waitng for my 6ch RX.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 12:12 AM
Birmingham, Alabama
Joined Jun 2002
2,966 Posts
i installed my control surfaces on a wing i designed. cloth hinges ftmfw.

they will be cut for split controls. separate controls > elevons, but most wing designers now dont realize that. lost knowledge

Toysrme is offline Find More Posts by Toysrme
Old Feb 11, 2012, 02:28 AM
Joined Feb 2011
57 Posts
I assembled my Dynam T28 that arrived today. I have to run down to the LHS tomo and pick up some wire extenders for the flaps.
Then,
maiden!
paindoc is offline Find More Posts by paindoc
Old Feb 11, 2012, 03:07 AM
Livermore, CA
Joined Sep 2004
8,547 Posts
I've been on a building binge lately.

I maidened a EPP ToonJet I designed and got it dialed in.
I just about got a GWS Pico Stick custom build, with ailerons and a EPP fuselage instead of a stick ready.
I finally finished a custom EPP Nemo-Lite build(chopped 2ozs of the fuselage and put in a smaller motor/batt).
I sanded on a Stryker-Lite I've been working on(since I was sanding on the Nemo and making a mess!) and extended the nose for strakes, plus made a EPP canopy.
And I'm finishing up dialing in the C/G on a EPP Thumper I'm building for my Cousin!!
Butch777 is online now Find More Posts by Butch777