HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 09, 2012, 01:41 PM
Joined Dec 2011
104 Posts
Discussion
Team Edge RC races?

Heres my question. What goes on and how long does racing take? Surely not a full day as I've been reading online.

Mr.Fixit
Mr.Fixit is offline Find More Posts by Mr.Fixit
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2012, 09:56 PM
DoubleTrouble
Florida
Joined May 2009
379 Posts
Don't you have a set of rules?

Double Trouble
DoubleTrouble is offline Find More Posts by DoubleTrouble
Old Feb 10, 2012, 01:14 PM
Out side of Destin FL.
Joined Sep 2009
339 Posts
I went through my set it does give information on heats, mains and specs for each class. If you don't have a rule sheet then I'll come back and help out. When a racing event is held its most of the day. Some of us including myself make it a "full" day for after race practice, chatting with other drivers and some of us even go out to eat afterwards. Did this help Fixit?

JB'
djskiptonic is offline Find More Posts by djskiptonic
Old Feb 10, 2012, 02:41 PM
Joined Dec 2011
104 Posts
I get the part about the classes and heats. It didn't say cost or times or how long the races were stretched out.

Mr.Fixit
Old Feb 10, 2012, 06:00 PM
Team Edge
Joined Oct 2011
924 Posts
Fixit email me will you? I'll give you the information if you still need. Cost, dates, times will never be listed in rules but I can shine some light on what your looking for.

Robert
Team Edge RC is offline Find More Posts by Team Edge RC
Old Feb 10, 2012, 06:20 PM
Me Toby You?
Jacksonville FL
Joined Jan 2011
423 Posts
Make it a day of racing when possible. If you do you'll make contacts, see and listen to what others are doing while your nolonger waiting for your race.

Toby
Toby Warren is offline Find More Posts by Toby Warren
Old Feb 11, 2012, 01:26 PM
Whats Black and has 24's?
Alabama, B-ham area
Joined Apr 2009
443 Posts
Fixit use the day for what it is. Races start and finish quickly. You'll never hear: wait for me or hold on I need to repair something. The karts rarely need anything so its a toss down and race kinda deal. Most races I've gone to are around 4-5hrs. Theres been longer but those are larger scaled events. Local races like here in AL go from 12-5pm with drivers arriving at 8am and leaving at 7pm. The track opens immediately once its down. No hold backs or awaiting for AMB wiring to be placed down. I think you'll see everything go smooth and very quickly. My advice is try to have fun and make the best of the day.

Gottacuda
GottaCuda is offline Find More Posts by GottaCuda
Old Feb 11, 2012, 09:40 PM
EatenDirt
TN
Joined Jun 2009
306 Posts
I think he has the picture. Gary you left out cost. Races are 10 bucks for the first entry and 5 there after. The father and son racers make out like bandits on entry fees. Practice days are done by donations. you show up and drop who ever is setting up the track and running things a few dollars. No amount is set but for instance today I hung out with Robert and a track he setup. I dropped a 5 spot on him.

Eatendirt
EatenDirt is offline Find More Posts by EatenDirt
Old Feb 12, 2012, 07:14 PM
Joined Aug 2010
185 Posts
I barely raced four times last year due to a medical issue and what he said is exactly what happens. Time flys by when your having a great time. I will add take a note book. I wish I did with all the tips I gathered.

Big D
bigdonald is offline Find More Posts by bigdonald
Old Feb 13, 2012, 02:28 PM
Joined Dec 2011
104 Posts
I take it those who race modified are adults and stock are kids then? Whats the usual turn out for gulf coast?

Mr. Fixit
Old Feb 15, 2012, 02:01 PM
CRA
Joined Dec 2009
170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fixit View Post
I take it those who race modified are adults and stock are kids then? Whats the usual turn out for gulf coast?

Mr. Fixit

Not at all Fixit. Don't listen to those above. I've seen a good amount of adults racing in stock class. Matter of fact many if they choose to admit it started off in stock. If I'm right modified was created only a couple of years ago. It was mostly Mitchs idea to create the class for drivers like Robert, myself and others who race r/c AM or PRO.

Craig
CRA is offline Find More Posts by CRA
Old Feb 15, 2012, 05:31 PM
Team Edge
Joined Oct 2011
924 Posts
True in modified most drivers are older or shall I say (over 18). There some younger/teen/kids who race mod class but not many. I think we posted this before in years past but, you'll find all ages. Stock class isn't just for younger or new drivers and as Craig put said, everyone started in stock class. As for attendence? The few races I've raced or been to down there, can be 12 to 30 plus? It really depends on weather to.

Robert
Old Feb 15, 2012, 08:02 PM
Panama City Beach FL
Joined Apr 2009
645 Posts
Your about right hun. Most down here I would say are in there 20s to 60s. I know it sounds like a huge span of ages but it is what it is. Our stock class is small and its made up of 12 to 30 with 30 being the oldest or there abouts. Most are in their teens.

Ceri
CeriJonston is offline Find More Posts by CeriJonston
Old Feb 16, 2012, 06:22 PM
Cakeman
Joined Feb 2010
292 Posts
Yeap right about the ages girl. Tampa and Jacksonville was mostly adults but many like I will travel if we can. Its harder for kids to travel unless its a father and son or daughter. Summer is different with kids being out of school. You'll see more stock drivers because of summer break.

Cakeman
cakeman is offline Find More Posts by cakeman
Old Feb 17, 2012, 05:53 PM
Team Edge
Joined Oct 2011
924 Posts
AKA Fixit, I sent you an email with the 2012 rules, ages and what to expect. Consider the email a personal FAQ from me, personally. Everyone is right on the money about who races what and what goes on in the above post. In mod as I said in the email sent, ages are from teens to upper 60's with the oldest I know of being up in IL. If you read this Glen T a BIG HI TO YOU! Anyhow, Stock is different by far. You'll see kids from 10 being the youngest up to 50s?. However what Ceri and the rest said, stock is mostly kids (75% or more) less the stock class at Battlefield RC in GA. Right now, they're wrapped up in VTA and F1 so chances are mod will be it for 2012 kart class there.

Robert