SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 13, 2012, 02:43 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2007
1,090 Posts
Just finished the cockpit redo!
Phil Davy is offline Find More Posts by Phil Davy
Last edited by Phil Davy; Jun 01, 2012 at 03:24 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2012, 10:23 PM
Joined Aug 2005
165 Posts
Skip Miller and Mike Verzuh Egidas at F3J in the Desert

Skip Miller Models Egidas.
Tom Gressman is offline Find More Posts by Tom Gressman
Old Feb 22, 2012, 10:51 AM
Joined Apr 2006
22 Posts
Hello,
is there some other video on the net of this wonderful ship?
I have found almost nothing!
Thanks, bye
Mau
comax74 is offline Find More Posts by comax74
Old Feb 22, 2012, 11:32 AM
Lover of fast slope gliders!
United States, AZ, Goodyear
Joined Apr 2004
569 Posts
I watched Skip's and Mike's Egidas fly this past week. Very impressed and standout in the air. The high aspect ratio bent wing looks great against the blue sky. Especially on the high speed fly bys. Hardly any wing flex on launch as well. And thats off a F3J launch in the wind.

Might need to sell my Espadas to trade up
glasairIII is online now Find More Posts by glasairIII
Old Feb 25, 2012, 05:40 PM
Joined Aug 2005
165 Posts
Egida test day

Test flew my Egida today in Tucson. Winds 3-9 mph. 77 degrees. Model is built by Cody Remington and included his software as a starting point in my Airtronics 10G. Flying weight is 62.5 oz which translates into a 9 oz/sq. ft wing loading. Launch-Zoom is fast and high. Higher than my Satori and Supra. L/D is superb as is climb rate and float. Large flaps contribute to accurate landings. Handling is excellent and the best I have flown on a V-tail. Handling is comparable to an x-tail in every part of the flight envelope. Color scheme with solid black wing bottom really helps with regard to visability considering the Egida's 20.5/1 aspect ratio. Quality is typical Jaro-excellent. I rate this F3J model as a 10 out of 10. I fly Supras, a Satori SL, and a Perfect ET ST. I can see how this latest design from the shops of Jaro will be very competitive at the club and World F3J level.
Tom Gressman is offline Find More Posts by Tom Gressman
Last edited by Tom Gressman; Feb 27, 2012 at 11:12 AM.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 08:39 PM
Singapore
Joined Aug 2006
312 Posts
OK,

Not a photo.....but a video of the electric version

The Egida F5J (3 min 59 sec)
Gungho is offline Find More Posts by Gungho
Old Jul 19, 2012, 09:50 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2003
2,542 Posts
Older Vid
Egida F3J (1 min 58 sec)

Owner sold the Model in the meantime for fun flying on the slope it wasn't sensitive enough to make fun.

Cheers
Thomas
wakumann is online now Find More Posts by wakumann
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by wakumann; Jul 20, 2012 at 12:43 AM.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 05:28 PM
kdt
Joined Feb 2007
432 Posts
not true...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakumann View Post
Older Vid
https://vimeo.com/32028956

Owner sold the Model in the meantime for fun flying on the slope it wasn't sensitive enough to make fun.

Cheers
Thomas
I had a blast with it on the slope. Great for light thermal days on Eagle. The new one is a bit heavier and stronger and works best in active conditions. This is a serious competition J model and indicates lift very well. Launches are high and fast. The roll rate is slow but in J no need to do 4 point rolls.... Not that it stopped me

Nice photos Thomas!
kdt is offline Find More Posts by kdt
Last edited by kdt; Jul 20, 2012 at 05:42 PM.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 09:04 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2003
2,542 Posts
Quote:
This is a serious competition J model and indicates lift very well. Launches are high and fast. The roll rate is slow but in J no need to do 4 point rolls.... Not that it stopped me
Hi Keith
nice comp model no question, for the underlined items above the 'Funflyer' decide it to sell.
Understandable you stayed out of your normal flying pattern to avoid any chance of an midair, but this also elimated the posibillity to make an interesting video.

Best for SA
Cheers
Thomas

PS.: something going on for you at the end of August labour day WE?
wakumann is online now Find More Posts by wakumann
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by wakumann; Jul 20, 2012 at 09:15 PM.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:31 AM
Sailplane Flyer
Berthoud CO
Joined Oct 2007
367 Posts
Egida Report

Now that I have owned and flown an Egida for about 9 months I thought I would report on my experiences and observations.
First overall this is one of the most interesting planes to come along in some time......... more in the attached report.
mikeverzuh is offline Find More Posts by mikeverzuh