HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 13, 2003, 09:50 AM
San Jose, California
Joined Jan 2002
1,199 Posts
Look at the wings 90 degrees from the front (from the wingtip) and make sure they're perfectly flat. Tough to see from the front.

John
jbc455 is offline Find More Posts by jbc455
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2003, 10:42 AM
Ayrshire, Scotland
Joined May 2003
448 Posts
You need to sort this and record it in this thread coz I have one in my garage ex servos and ESC and I was thinking if fixing it up soon. A friend built it and it allegedly flew before I bought it from him.

Graham
eSmasher is offline Find More Posts by eSmasher
Old Oct 13, 2003, 12:51 PM
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
Joined Feb 2000
2,576 Posts
Well I added some washout "I think" and tried again. The plane had a long roll out and wallowed around before hitting the ground. Not enough power obviously! Im getting tired of fooling with it so I took out the 300 motor and 7.4 Etecs. Now Im going to try 11.1 V, 3 cell lithiums on a geared 280. Im might just end up hitting the ground faster now....
JIMJAM is offline Find More Posts by JIMJAM
Old Oct 13, 2003, 06:15 PM
Joined Feb 2000
2,576 Posts
Time to throw in the towel on this one. With enough power to hold it vertically and wanting to climb, the Fokker simply does not want to fly. It exhibits all the qualities of being overweight and tail heavy. 1st try with extra power and the plane floundered around before rolling over. Fooled with props, throws ect. 2nd attempt and I kept the nose down and she didnt want to turn,reduced power and she flopped over. 3rd attempt- I increased the throws,went to the biggest prop I had, 10x4.7. She lifted off but when I started to pull back on the stick, she barely wanted to climb as if on the edge of a stall, mushed around until I ran out of room and augered in. One thing I can say, THIS IS THE TOUGHEST FOAM BIRD Ive had the pleasure of crashing!!!! No less than 6 cartwheels on concrete and a few into a curb with only MINOR damage. If you have luck with yours, you are going to have a tough as nails plane.
Old Oct 13, 2003, 11:19 PM
Joined Feb 2000
2,576 Posts
After a pep talk,some good eyes and research, I think the wing has way top much incidence. I ripped out 4 struts,replaced them and drastically lowered the leading edge. Now eyeballing it the l edge and trailing look level. Ive read planes going from wild to mild doing this so I will see soon.
Old Oct 14, 2003, 02:31 PM
Joined Feb 2000
2,576 Posts
To much incidence was the problem. Now I think I have to much. The plane is fairly stable but requires full power to stay up. Anything less and it starts coming down. I added a insane looking amount of up thrust with up elev trim. Now she goes nose up and any reduction in power or down imput and down she wants to come.
Old Oct 14, 2003, 06:15 PM
Minneapolis MN
Joined Sep 2002
1,666 Posts
Yep, I would say raise it up a touch. Good Luck.
-Sam
FLYWINGFAN is offline Find More Posts by FLYWINGFAN
Old Oct 14, 2003, 06:27 PM
Joined Feb 2000
2,576 Posts
Please see JINXED thread..... Yes, with the incidence "perfect" none, the plane handled well although fast. Too bad it did not last.....