SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 09, 2012, 04:13 AM
Bush Mechanic
Mt. Dandenong, Australia
Joined Oct 2005
2,367 Posts
Help!
JR X2720 won't switch on any more

My JR X2720 TX won't switch on any more. I removed the battery for charging like I always have and when I replaced it (fully charged), absolutely zip, not a thing not a sound. Does anyone knwo what the trouble is or where I can get it serviced. I really like it and don't want the exoense of switching to a DX system.

thanks for any help.

Neil.
neilmny is offline Find More Posts by neilmny
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2012, 12:54 PM
The Northeast Kingdom, Vermont
Joined Jun 2004
5,288 Posts
First thing to check is the 3A fuse, you'll have to take the back of the case off to check it. Very likely it's blown.
Pete
pilotpete2 is offline Find More Posts by pilotpete2
Old Feb 09, 2012, 03:31 PM
Bush Mechanic
Mt. Dandenong, Australia
Joined Oct 2005
2,367 Posts
Thanks for that. I'll check it out today.
Old Feb 09, 2012, 04:49 PM
Bush Mechanic
Mt. Dandenong, Australia
Joined Oct 2005
2,367 Posts
It's fixed...it was the fuse

Thanks for the help it was a fuse hidden well in the guts of the unit under a circuit board and the antenna.

A blown fuse is often sign of other problems but all seems good. I may have attempted to fit the battery connector the wrong way around. It is polarised but it is conceivable that the contacts could touch but not plug in. This would blow the fuse for sure. So I hope that was it.

I've attached some photos for anyone else who might strike the problem. A guide to where it hides if you like.
Old Feb 09, 2012, 07:18 PM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,750 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmny View Post
Thanks for the help it was a fuse hidden well in the guts of the unit under a circuit board and the antenna.

A blown fuse is often sign of other problems but all seems good. I may have attempted to fit the battery connector the wrong way around. It is polarised but it is conceivable that the contacts could touch but not plug in. This would blow the fuse for sure. So I hope that was it.

I've attached some photos for anyone else who might strike the problem. A guide to where it hides if you like.
A blown fuse is a fairly common occurrence with JR radios, so don't worry too much (just keep a spare!). In most of them it's not so hard to get at. It doesn't necessarily indicate reverse polarity, though that's one common cause.

I guess I've had 2 blow in 10 years. Neither was a matter of reverse polarity. The fuse is 3A, though it may look like 0.3A.
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Feb 09, 2012, 07:48 PM
Bush Mechanic
Mt. Dandenong, Australia
Joined Oct 2005
2,367 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Yes it does look like 0.3amp on the fuse but I thought otherwise and put a 3 amp in.