HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 08, 2012, 07:59 PM
Joined Jan 2012
12 Posts
Discussion
carbon fiber frame vs fiber glass frame?

hey i was just thinkin... looking at my Butterfly frame,which is made of fiber glass. It doesn't feel very strong... And to be honest, it doesn't really look that cool either... today I find a carbon fiber version of this butterfly frame that i could swap out into mine?As far as I know GLB made them by themselves. A carbon fiber one is lighter and cooler but more expensive, I d like to have one ,anyway, before i go looking for one just because it looks cooler and is stronger, is there any downside to using carbon fiber? As ive heard carbon fiber can block radio signals... Is there really a noticeable difference? if not, than i want them!

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/butterfly...frame-74g.html

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/butterfly...e-55-gram.html
ChatXT is offline Find More Posts by ChatXT
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2012, 02:38 AM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,270 Posts
What people DONT tend to consider is that you DO need a weak point, it generally saves your expensive electronics in a crash.
Theres no real problem using a frame like that with radio signals , its really only about enclosed frames.
Looking at that frame the weakpoint or crashpoints are those little nylon screws ( thats a good thing ) so order some spares , and the spacers as the screws tend to snap off in the spacers.
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief