HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 31, 2001, 10:32 PM
Irvine, CA
Joined Oct 2001
235 Posts
Hornet assemble problem... please help!

Hi,

I am assembling my hornet, but I found that the pivot support (E044) is kind of streched, and the rotor head pivot (E045) is not running free. What can I do to make it loose?. I think is not a very good idea to sand it.

Thanks in advance,

CrazyBear
crazybear is offline Find More Posts by crazybear
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2001, 11:03 PM
Just an average RC'er
Laurel, Maryland USA
Joined Aug 2000
4,291 Posts
Take yourself some pennies and an couple of dimes and squeeze them into the eo44 to expand it by just a little. Use the dimes as shims when 1 more penny is just too much. Make sure you have some good spreading, but not excessive to break the eo44(which woudln't be all that bad because you could then justify buying Johnk's EO44a.) Then put the eo44 into a pot of water, put the tail gears, motor and tail pinion gears, and the tail box into the water as well. Slowly bring the water up to a boil and let them boil for about 3-5 min. Then turn the heat off and let the water cool until it is again at room temperature. This will both expand your eo44 to the correct width and make all of the plastic parts stronger as well. Good luck.
Jim McPherson is offline Find More Posts by Jim McPherson
Old Nov 01, 2001, 09:37 PM
Irvine, CA
Joined Oct 2001
235 Posts
Thanks a lot Jim!. Worked great!!!!. The only problem is that the tail rotor parts are already assembled .

and a question... why the motor?. the usual is to use 2 1.5 batteries until the batteries die... right?

Thanks!
crazybear is offline Find More Posts by crazybear
Old Nov 01, 2001, 10:13 PM
Just an average RC'er
Laurel, Maryland USA
Joined Aug 2000
4,291 Posts
Sorry, you have to take it in context "motor and tail pinion gears" That's the motor pinion, and tail pinion gears.
Jim McPherson is offline Find More Posts by Jim McPherson