HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 07, 2012, 08:04 PM
Nebraska, USA
Joined Jul 2010
83 Posts
Help!
Blade mSR X Ye/Yah/Rudder not working maybe...?

I just got a Blade mSR X and it hovers great, it is my first flybarless heli, I have flown cx2's for a long time and the mSR and nine eagles solo pro and I have been more recently flying the 120 SR pretty well. When I just try to hover it works well, once I go it is hard as I am not fully used to flybarless yet, so it all could just be me...

When I get it going and then use my ye/yah yo turn I will sometimes not go when I tell it to, and may even go a little bit the other way. Also I noticed peroetting is very slow on this heli, and it tends to go forward and backwards and here and there while peroetting. I don't know if my heli is defective or if it's just me, maybe I need to balance it out a whole lot better, I just don't know so if you could help that would be great.

Today I flew it and close to the end when ever I hit the throttle It would spin uncontrollably, IDK if that was just my batteries dieing, or what but I did try re connecting the battery

BTW, the throttle, ailerons, and elevator work great it's just the rudder/ye/yah that don't.
gaaunapoi is offline Find More Posts by gaaunapoi
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2012, 08:26 PM
Australia...we live inverted.
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Ahhh...the old rudder ye yah problem.

You have to adjust the fulcrum so it is an exact balance of both doova-lacky and thing-a-me-bob. Any disproportionate balance between the two and the heli will yee-haw or if you live in Aus it may Oi-Oi.

Seriously you're going to have to clarify those terms.

Amp
Ampdraw is offline Find More Posts by Ampdraw
Old Feb 07, 2012, 08:38 PM
Nebraska, USA
Joined Jul 2010
83 Posts
LOL, um ye/yah=the spin on a helicopter or so I thought.
Old Feb 07, 2012, 08:59 PM
And here..we..GO!
United States, AR, Alexander
Joined Sep 2011
182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampdraw View Post
ahhh...the old rudder ye yah problem.

You have to adjust the fulcrum so it is an exact balance of both doova-lacky and thing-a-me-bob. Any disproportionate balance between the two and the heli will yee-haw or if you live in aus it may oi-oi. :d

seriously you're going to have to clarify those terms.

Amp
ha!!
LawnDartHeli is offline Find More Posts by LawnDartHeli
Old Feb 07, 2012, 09:31 PM
Nebraska, USA
Joined Jul 2010
83 Posts
Okay well anyone have any actual advise?
Old Feb 08, 2012, 12:54 AM
Making Stock Fly Like Modified
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Oct 2009
2,220 Posts
I think you mean yaw left and yaw right friend, could be a southern United States thing... Check out the 3400 post on the entertaining thread named "mSRX something or other" and there you will not only find some good Sheldon type (Big Bang Theory) entertainment, but also the answer you seek you shall find.
HeliFlyer711 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer711
Old Feb 08, 2012, 02:36 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
11,914 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaaunapoi View Post
I just got a Blade mSR X and it hovers great, it is my first flybarless heli, I have flown cx2's for a long time and the mSR and nine eagles solo pro and I have been more recently flying the 120 SR pretty well. When I just try to hover it works well, once I go it is hard as I am not fully used to flybarless yet, so it all could just be me...

When I get it going and then use my ye/yah yo turn I will sometimes not go when I tell it to, and may even go a little bit the other way. Also I noticed peroetting is very slow on this heli, and it tends to go forward and backwards and here and there while peroetting. I don't know if my heli is defective or if it's just me, maybe I need to balance it out a whole lot better, I just don't know so if you could help that would be great.

Today I flew it and close to the end when ever I hit the throttle It would spin uncontrollably, IDK if that was just my batteries dieing, or what but I did try re connecting the battery

BTW, the throttle, ailerons, and elevator work great it's just the rudder/ye/yah that don't.
On this heli the swash tends to reset to a self appointed neutral position as soon as riudder is touched, and this causes the heli to fly off in sometimes random directions. It's uncertain if this is by design (although no one can explain the benefit) or a bug/flaw. With expo (if your tx has this feature) you can work around it, also deliberately offsetting rudder trim, and adjusting links so the heli hovers more or less stationary on it's self appointed "neutral" setting. Still, it would have probably made life on new mSR x pilots a lot easier if rudder wouldn't affect swash postion at all.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 08, 2012, 06:35 AM
Aachen, Germany
Joined Jun 2007
640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampdraw View Post
ahhh...the old rudder ye yah problem.

You have to adjust the fulcrum so it is an exact balance of both doova-lacky and thing-a-me-bob. Any disproportionate balance between the two and the heli will yee-haw or if you live in aus it may oi-oi. :d

seriously you're going to have to clarify those terms.

Amp
Hahah
spainman is online now Find More Posts by spainman
Old Feb 12, 2012, 11:34 AM
Nebraska, USA
Joined Jul 2010
83 Posts
Well thanks for nothing you all...After researching and digging I finally found and tried one Idea, I swapped tail blades and now it's fixed completely.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 11:57 AM
United Kingdom, Oxted
Joined Dec 2011
426 Posts
Great. Now check your ding dongs.
iancraig10 is offline Find More Posts by iancraig10
Old Feb 12, 2012, 07:17 PM
Australia...we live inverted.
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Sorry if I steered your thread off course.
Up the top in the stickies there is a whole thread on heli terms. Without using terms that are commonly understood help will be hard to get.

The post I made was meant to be in good humour rather than ridicule. Hope you didn't take it that way.

After I made that post you clarified but that still did not make much sense. Hard to diagnose an issue if the issue can't be understood.

Glad you got it sorted.

Amp
Ampdraw is offline Find More Posts by Ampdraw
Old Feb 14, 2012, 07:46 PM
Nebraska, USA
Joined Jul 2010
83 Posts
Yeah, I got the humor it was a little funny but a little hard too as I didn't get much help after that. I really thought that ye and yah meant left and right rudder.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 01:50 AM
Joined Jan 2012
36 Posts
Oh wow. Gee and Haw are sled dog terms. Where are you from?....
Vandal996 is offline Find More Posts by Vandal996
Old Feb 15, 2012, 07:12 AM
Nebraska, USA
Joined Jul 2010
83 Posts
Nebraska...