HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 07, 2012, 05:47 PM
hole digger
USA, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2002
3,278 Posts
Discussion
Hoffman Magnetics Motors

Just a heads up guys. Hoffman motors are back and at half the price!!!!! I spent a lot of time doing R&D for them three years ago so If you have any questions just shoot me a PM and I'll help any way I can.

I have been doing testing on the EDF stuff and found a great esc to replace the CC-125 for the 70mm motors and fans.

Pete

http://www.rchobbyintl.com/
hole digger is online now Find More Posts by hole digger
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2012, 07:28 PM
United States, CA, WOODLAND HLS
Joined Jan 2012
41 Posts
Yep

We have all the inventory and manufacturing capability!
In the next few days we should have a vendor forum as well.
Thanks for the support!
Tom
RCHobbyIntl is offline Find More Posts by RCHobbyIntl
Old Feb 08, 2012, 12:24 PM
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
United States, CA, Baywood-Los Osos
Joined Feb 2009
2,788 Posts
Cool, bookmarked the site. It will be nice to have an affordable alternative for edf power. I got into edf's just as Hoffman was going out, and I tried in vain to obtain one before they disappeared. Very glad to see them back in the mix, and the prices are great!

Sonny
sonny1 is offline Find More Posts by sonny1
Old Feb 09, 2012, 12:27 AM
Joined Jan 2012
41 Posts
Thank you for your kind words. We're really glad to be back,
Thanks again,
Tom
Old Feb 09, 2012, 01:20 AM
Joined Feb 2009
2,788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCHobbyIntl View Post
Thank you for your kind words. We're really glad to be back,
Thanks again,
Tom
Ya know Tom, I think I PM'd you when you were having the "last of the last" fire sale here on RCG, (I was late to the party as usual), you said you would check and see if you had anything left but I guess you didn't by that time, (I wasn't into edf's at that time, so I think I was asking for a low kv motor of some type that you probably were sold out of).
The Hoffman Magnetics reputation still persists, people still speak of them fondly on edf threads, and now that I'm flying edf's I am definitely excited about their return. A friend here on RCG recently gave me one of those new CS 70mm 10-blade fans, (first run sold out already; I got lucky), and I think I might try one of your new motors on it, (that is if I can ever afford another motor, but that's a totally different story). I think I'll post a link to this thread on the CS 10 thread, those guys are frantically trying to figure out which is "the" motor for that fan, (Cyclone 2800kv on 4S seems very popular so far), and have been testing every motor imaginable on it....let's throw yours in that mix and maybe the Beast will be one of the motors that work well on that fan, (though I wonder if the kv might be a bit too high for it; maybe on 5 or 6S?). BTW: As you qualify as a certified edf-aholic, and if you haven't heard one of those fans run you should really check it out..... the most jet-sounding edf I've ever heard, makes a wonderful whoosh; can't wait to find a motor for the one I have, (I plan to stick it into a Squall w/ VT unit; that is if I can ever afford one of those too.....oops, did I say that out loud?). Anyway, good luck and good air, I'll be ordering one of these days and spreading the word.

sonny
Old Feb 09, 2012, 02:48 AM
The Need4Speed
Malaysia, Perak, Ipoh
Joined Aug 2008
926 Posts
Just visited the website, where's the 'WILD BEAST'? Discontinued?
fooyukvoon is offline Find More Posts by fooyukvoon
Old Feb 09, 2012, 03:08 AM
RAVI KOTHARI
Bombay,India
Joined Nov 2005
257 Posts
Good to Have the Hoffman Motors back,
But i see that they still have the same Hi-KV EDF motors, nicknamed the Lipo Slayers, Nothing new, Same old Storm etc, didnt really redefine the edf market back then & certainly will not this time (with present offering) EDF has undergone a quantum change since then, i would expect some Hi-end inrunners with different KV options, along the lines of NEU, a better Fan unit, its a crowded market out there.
Well there's a Wish list for the Hoffman guys, Hope they dont screw it up this time.
ravikoth is offline Find More Posts by ravikoth
Old Feb 09, 2012, 11:07 AM
Watch for terrorists buying RC
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Feb 2007
194 Posts
Just curious of what "quantum change" has taken place "since then"?? You mean better lipos?? Like being able to run less cells (keeping your plane lighter) while using a higher kv motor b/c today's lipos can take it? I understand having longer flight times is a plus for some, but after about 4 1/2 minutes of really fast flying, my eyes and heart-rate are ready for a break. You said "lipo Slayers", what cheap, silly batteries are you using there Dr. Kiwi?

The point of the RCHobbyIntl retail site is to offer people a chance to by an American quality product at a low price.

Sorry, maybe I'm missing something.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravikoth View Post
Good to Have the Hoffman Motors back,
But i see that they still have the same Hi-KV EDF motors, nicknamed the Lipo Slayers, Nothing new, Same old Storm etc, didnt really redefine the edf market back then & certainly will not this time (with present offering) EDF has undergone a quantum change since then, i would expect some Hi-end inrunners with different KV options, along the lines of NEU, a better Fan unit, its a crowded market out there.
Well there's a Wish list for the Hoffman guys, Hope they dont screw it up this time.
flythetailoff is offline Find More Posts by flythetailoff
Old Feb 09, 2012, 11:51 AM
Joined Jan 2012
41 Posts
RCHobbyIntl

First again I want to thank everyone for their support. It sure is nice for RCHobbyIntl to be back in the business. I would like it to be clear though that we are a totally separate entity from Hoffman Magnetics, Inc. RcHobbyIntl Inc. is a California Corporation that endeavors to sell the best R.C. products in the industry. In this process we have bee fortunate to have purchased Hoffman Magnetics remaining stock as well as its manufacturing capability including tooling. We are currently negotiating a new building cycle in order to fulfill customer needs.
We are also in the process of purchasing the finest products in the industry that will more than please all enthusiasts. What this means is that we will serve beginners as well as advanced users. I addition, we will also sell other brands of motors that will balance out our offerings.
To Ravikoth: Thank you for the welcome back. :-) I do agree that some of our motors may draw more than some batteries can handle in certain situations. I take that as constructive criticism and will keep that in mind as we begin to change our line. Thank you so much for this.
The best news in all of this is the competitive prices that we've enacted. Thank goodness they are more inline with the prices out there. In addition, for a limited time we're offering a greater discount for all of you as a thank you for considering us again. It really means a lot to us. So again thank you for the welcome back and welcome back to us.
Best,
Tom
Old Feb 09, 2012, 11:56 AM
hole digger
USA, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2002
3,278 Posts
Well said Shayne.

For the 70mm EDF guys we finished testing the Cobra 150 amp esc for the Storm, Storm HW and Beast motors.

Up until now anything other than a Castle esc was about the size of a deck of playing cards.

The Cobra is about the same weight and size as the ICE 100.

For 5s applications on the Storm, Storm HW and Beast it works very well and the program card is a snap to use.

For 4s applications on the Storm and Beast the ICE 100 is perfect as well.

For 3s on the Storm HW again the ICE 100 is perfect.

BTW I have been using 65c batteries on all these for about a year now with no problems other than interference from the ground.

http://www.innov8tivedesigns.com/pro...roducts_id=905
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2012, 03:42 PM
Joined Feb 2009
2,788 Posts
I recently picked up a Cobra 80A esc & programming card, (Black Friday sale at Altitude Hobbies), but haven't used it yet, glad to hear they are up to par with Castle.

Sonny
Old Feb 09, 2012, 04:11 PM
hole digger
USA, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2002
3,278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny1 View Post
I recently picked up a Cobra 80A esc & programming card, (Black Friday sale at Altitude Hobbies), but haven't used it yet, glad to hear they are up to par with Castle.

Sonny
Sonny

We were amazed. Put that thing through the ringer on the test stand using XPS 65c packs trying to get it to smoke.

Hell I couldn't even get it real hot. If you need the settings let me know

Pete
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2012, 04:50 PM
Joined Feb 2009
2,788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hole digger View Post
Sonny

We were amazed. Put that thing through the ringer on the test stand using XPS 65c packs trying to get it to smoke.

Hell I couldn't even get it real hot. If you need the settings let me know

Pete
Yes, I would be interested in the settings such as timing, switching frequency, etc, as I purchased it with the intention of using it on an edf, (probably using one of your motors on 4S). My RCG buddy Garret H, who owns Altitude Hobbies spoke very highly of the Cobra series esc's, so I got it on his recommendation, I guess he was right about their quality. If you could post those settings it would be great, thank you.

Sonny
Old Feb 09, 2012, 05:20 PM
hole digger
USA, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2002
3,278 Posts
Sometimes a picture works the best. Inrunners would be different settings
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2012, 05:31 PM
Joined Feb 2009
2,788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hole digger View Post
Sometimes a picture works the best. Inrunners would be different settings
Perfect, thank you...better than a lengthy explanation.

Sonny