SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 09, 2012, 12:48 AM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2010
4,511 Posts
Containers go straight to the 3DHS location on the east coast to be unloaded...then 3dhs ships to ADC.

J31.....you should come down to Knoxville and fly with us at House Mountain sometime...

Mike
Bivens is offline Find More Posts by Bivens
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2012, 12:50 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,200 Posts
Anyone know where to get a Hacker motor repaired? I have a small amount of vibration in mine after dorking it last week. I replaced the prop adapter but the vibration is still there.

A30 12XL.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Feb 09, 2012, 12:58 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
28,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Anyone know where to get a Hacker motor repaired? I have a small amount of vibration in mine after dorking it last week. I replaced the prop adapter but the vibration is still there.

A30 12XL.
I would say Aeromodel... They are the distributors of Hacker Motors...

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Feb 09, 2012, 01:02 AM
United States, TN, Greeneville
Joined Jan 2012
91 Posts
Thanks Bivens,, I've been without wings for 2 months now and I'm going nuts. I was'nt sure of how the relationship worked between the 2. I've also noticed that Espirit models in FL has picked up 3DHS and aparently dropped Sebart..BTW thanks for the invite. I might have to take you up on that sometime
J31968 is offline Find More Posts by J31968
Old Feb 09, 2012, 01:03 AM
United States, TN, Greeneville
Joined Jan 2012
91 Posts
more than likely you bent the main shaft. those are pretty simple to replace.
Quote:

A30 12XL.
J31968 is offline Find More Posts by J31968
Old Feb 09, 2012, 09:43 AM
Goes to eleven!
Bellingham WA
Joined Mar 2009
1,084 Posts
Subscribed!
Looks good

Joe
JK13 is offline Find More Posts by JK13
Old Feb 09, 2012, 10:50 AM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Joined May 2005
6,523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J31968 View Post
Thanks Bivens,, I've been without wings for 2 months now and I'm going nuts. I was'nt sure of how the relationship worked between the 2. I've also noticed that Espirit models in FL has picked up 3DHS and aparently dropped Sebart..BTW thanks for the invite. I might have to take you up on that sometime
Sounds like you need more (back up) airframes!
G.P. is online now Find More Posts by G.P.
Old Feb 09, 2012, 10:51 AM
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,731 Posts
Quote:

A30 12XL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTtoooo View Post
I would say Aeromodel... They are the distributors of Hacker Motors...

SteveT
Yep just send it in.
jsmith285 is online now Find More Posts by jsmith285
Old Feb 09, 2012, 11:58 AM
Team 3DHS
Nashville , Tennessee
Joined Jan 2009
5,480 Posts
Does anyone know the covering colors for the old scheme FB 89" Slick, and is it the same as the blue on the blue/white 68" Velox?
wamsy55 is online now Find More Posts by wamsy55
Old Feb 09, 2012, 12:42 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamsy55 View Post
Does anyone know the covering colors for the old scheme FB 89" Slick, and is it the same as the blue on the blue/white 68" Velox?
I'm pretty sure it's pearl blue and silver. if the blue has a metallic flake to it, it's the pearl.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Feb 09, 2012, 12:52 PM
Team 3DHS
Nashville , Tennessee
Joined Jan 2009
5,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
I'm pretty sure it's pearl blue and silver. if the blue has a metallic flake to it, it's the pearl.
Thanks KM.
wamsy55 is online now Find More Posts by wamsy55
Old Feb 09, 2012, 04:29 PM
Joined Mar 2010
1,755 Posts
So, I guess it's about time I start working on getting my 55" Edge back in the air. Any tips on how to go about repairing the firewall? Should I just glue it back together or start fresh and rebuild it?
DFflyer is offline Find More Posts by DFflyer
Old Feb 09, 2012, 04:34 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFflyer View Post
So, I guess it's about time I start working on getting my 55" Edge back in the air. Any tips on how to go about repairing the firewall? Should I just glue it back together or start fresh and rebuild it?
i would unbond the joints and make a new one...too bad you live so far away...i got tools and saws n stuff....HOWEVER....theres a guy in the 57 thread that has a laser cutter....I think its "Kwitsi"....take the firewall out and send him the firewall as intact as you can, and tell him to make you 3 or 4 of them
aronph is offline Find More Posts by aronph
Old Feb 09, 2012, 04:39 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,191 Posts
kwiktsi is his name I believe but I cant find the post...send him a pm
aronph is offline Find More Posts by aronph
Old Feb 09, 2012, 05:01 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
so.... im waiting for a motor box for my crashed 1.5 buck huck.. today i realised i can fly my 57" at my closest field to my house without too much worries...and so im scratching my head do i need another airframe under 57" size....

so i have edge, extra... and im already dreaming about a slick! IDEALLY it would be a 71, but im not sure if even doing a removable gear and rudder would allow me to take it with me in a bus....

than there is 59 wich would be ideal size for me but as you all are saying it flys so different than other slicks im not so sure...

51? my UBERLIGHT 48" seems to me in a wind going all over the place wich with balsa is NOT ok... is 51" so much better in wind?

42?? i would have all gear for it but wind for me is a big concern....
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts