Aaeolien is offline Find More Posts by Aaeolien
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2012, 06:07 PM
United States, WV, Clay
Joined Sep 2012
3,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaeolien View Post
Yah I said that same exact thing when I took mine out for the first time. First flight nice and high and easy flight. 2nd flight harrier flight 4 feet of the deck. And this past (flight 8 maybe total) weekend rolling harriers at 8 feet off the deck. Haha. It just makes you want to go lower. My father in law (who is not an rc flyer) thought I was nuts as he hadn't even seen this plane yet. Fun stuff. Wind is supposed to be down tomorrow so may get a few flights in. Hopefully the park parking lot is plowed as there is a foot of snow out there.
lucky dog. posed to be rain, snow, then snow with some rain all mixed up with 20+ mph winds and my luck its my weekend off at work.
wedoitall is offline Find More Posts by wedoitall
Old Dec 28, 2012, 06:24 PM
3d addict
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
Looking like now we are going to see some snow. Nt calling for wind to be up so maybe I can sneak in a flight of 2 in between the flakes. Hehe. Here is hoping.
Aaeolien is offline Find More Posts by Aaeolien
Old Dec 28, 2012, 06:35 PM
United States, WV, Clay
Joined Sep 2012
3,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285 View Post
yea thats gotta be one of the neatest, coolest things ive seen in along time.
wedoitall is offline Find More Posts by wedoitall
Old Jan 01, 2013, 05:31 PM
HIBDON FOR PRESIDENT !!
Modesto, CA
Joined Nov 2006
3,154 Posts
Pulling to the Right

When I harrier my 51" Slick there is almost no pull to the right, but when harriering my 71" Slick it pulls big time almost wants to make a right turn. I am using a Motrofly 4325 - 380 and a 19x10 Xoar Prop. Anyone else have this issue.
goflyhighrc is offline Find More Posts by goflyhighrc
Old Jan 01, 2013, 05:46 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,437 Posts
Mine pulls too. I can do beautiful wide harrier turns with only using the elevator.
losifanatic is online now Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Jan 01, 2013, 06:51 PM
United States, CA, Hughson
Joined Jan 2012
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goflyhighrc View Post
When I harrier my 51" Slick there is almost no pull to the right, but when harriering my 71" Slick it pulls big time almost wants to make a right turn. I am using a Motrofly 4325 - 380 and a 19x10 Xoar Prop. Anyone else have this issue.
It is all the Pilot!JK My 51 pulls to the right hard & my 71 does not! I have the opposite issue. Is it possible that the tension on your Pull are not exactly the same?? I have never really thought about it. I have just adjusted to it
hertzrepkeith is offline Find More Posts by hertzrepkeith
Old Jan 01, 2013, 08:23 PM
HIBDON FOR PRESIDENT !!
Modesto, CA
Joined Nov 2006
3,154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertzrepkeith View Post
It is all the Pilot!JK My 51 pulls to the right hard & my 71 does not! I have the opposite issue. Is it possible that the tension on your Pull are not exactly the same?? I have never really thought about it. I have just adjusted to it
Nothing to do with pull/pull, I believe it's the "torque from the prop", my 71 electric has quite a bit more power and torque than the gas thing you are running therefore the greater pull to the right
Last edited by goflyhighrc; Jan 01, 2013 at 08:57 PM.
Old Jan 01, 2013, 08:33 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,092 Posts
Bahahahaha You got me there!! Especially since I don
t even have a motor for my 71 Right now. Who the heck talked me into going Gas anyways!!!!

Quote:
Nothing to do with pull/pull, I believe it's the "P factor" or torque from the prop, my 71 electric has quite a bit more power and torque than the gas thing you are running therefore the greater pull to the right
Old Jan 01, 2013, 08:56 PM
HIBDON FOR PRESIDENT !!
Modesto, CA
Joined Nov 2006
3,154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertzrepkeith View Post
bahahahaha you got me there!! Especially since i don
t even have a motor for my 71 right now. Who the heck talked me into going gas anyways!!!!

bob
Old Jan 01, 2013, 09:49 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,962 Posts
Gee I have been questioning my decision to go gas as well lol. I think on a 50cc Id still go gas but this 30cc setup has been a lot of work. Vibration always making something have problems...
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Jan 01, 2013, 09:56 PM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,139 Posts
Quote:
trim it in harrier flight, then see what it does on the wing and vertical climbs.

I use to play with the 51 and make turns using the trim, no overactive thumb and wing rock.
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Old Jan 01, 2013, 10:42 PM
HIBDON FOR PRESIDENT !!
Modesto, CA
Joined Nov 2006
3,154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj View Post
trim it in harrier flight, then see what it does on the wing and vertical climbs.

I use to play with the 51 and make turns using the trim, no overactive thumb and wing rock.

Old Jan 01, 2013, 10:45 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,471 Posts
A little late for the East coast guys......But Happy New Year to all!!!

SteveT.
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Jan 01, 2013, 11:32 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,092 Posts
I am getting my first 30CC Size Electric

I will let you know my opinion after I get my 74 Edge Electric set up together. But I might not be a fair judge considering I have been battling my DLE 30CC for the first 2 Months of my 71 Slicks life!! Motor is at Warrantee right now and hopefully i will be able to have a better taste in my mouth for Gas as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Gee I have been questioning my decision to go gas as well lol. I think on a 50cc Id still go gas but this 30cc setup has been a lot of work. Vibration always making something have problems...