SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 14, 2012, 02:42 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,661 Posts
I bet his body guards weren't very far away ....

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 19, 2012, 04:05 PM
MD1 HACK
USA, OH, Wadsworth
Joined Jan 2010
1,301 Posts
Gonna order a roll of white ultracote, does 3DHS use the same white across the board?
joshet89 is offline Find More Posts by joshet89
Old Dec 19, 2012, 05:25 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,661 Posts
yes....

SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:34 PM
Yin & Yang
United States, VA, Sterling
Joined Jul 2011
4,292 Posts
Can anyone tell me if rewards point at 3DHS expire? I bought a 42" Slick in March including 103g Omega motor and my account does not reflect that 205 points that they say would be rewarded. My account reflects 22 points for the replacement gear I needed in May and the 177 from yesterday when I bought a replacement Slick. I thought I would snag a $25 gift cert. and apply it towards a super viper but when I went to the page the first order is no longer showing up for the Slick and the 103g mega.
Liberty10 is offline Find More Posts by Liberty10
Last edited by Liberty10; Dec 20, 2012 at 11:14 PM.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 11:56 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,661 Posts
Not to the best of my knowledge.....Contact Noll... I'm sure he'll take care of you!!

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 20, 2012, 08:14 AM
Yin & Yang
Joined Jul 2011
4,292 Posts
Thanks SteveT. Email sent. I was thinking maybe I started a second account because of a lost password. But that wasn't the case because I still have the email from registering a new account a few days before my first order.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:07 PM
Just go with the flow
Modesto, CA
Joined Nov 2006
3,231 Posts
Anyone use the "WoodPecker" when applying Ultra Coat? Do you use it when applying trim over Ultra Coat. What is the best way to apply Ultra Coat over Ultra Coat so you don't get bubbles.

http://a248.e.akamai.net/origin-cdn....jpg?1355830260
goflyhighrc is offline Find More Posts by goflyhighrc
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:12 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goflyhighrc View Post
Anyone use the "WoodPecker" when applying Ultra Coat? Do you use it when applying trim over Ultra Coat. What is the best way to apply Ultra Coat over Ultra Coat so you don't get bubbles.

Yes, Yes, use the woodpecker, and if you do get a bubble, use a needle to puncture the bubbles, and iron the Ultracote down.

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:14 PM
Yin & Yang
Joined Jul 2011
4,292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty10 View Post
Can anyone tell me if rewards point at 3DHS expire? I bought a 42" Slick in March including 103g Omega motor and my account does not reflect that 205 points that they say would be rewarded. My account reflects 22 points for the replacement gear I needed in May and the 177 from yesterday when I bought a replacement Slick. I thought I would snag a $25 gift cert. and apply it towards a super viper but when I went to the page the first order is no longer showing up for the Slick and the 103g mega.
So anyway apparently an account was created using my PayPal email address which is different from the one I registered with. I emailed them last night and 3DHS emailed me back at like midnight telling me about the second account and asking would I like to merge the points into one account and which one.

I think that was pretty cool to respond so quick and it's all good.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:15 PM
Old, tired, and abused.
Joined Jun 2011
2,474 Posts
Never had any luck with that tool, made a mess of things. I just use a low heat and take my time, then use trim solvent on a Q-tip to seal the edges.
PropsnWings is offline Find More Posts by PropsnWings
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:16 PM
Just go with the flow
Modesto, CA
Joined Nov 2006
3,231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Yes, Yes, use the woodpecker, and if you do get a bubble, use a needle to puncture the bubbles, and iron the Ultracote down.

SteveT

Have you used it much ? Do you just run the woodpecker over the ultracoat you want to place trim over then iron the trim down. I've read about "Trim Solvent" but not sure how that works or if it works as good as ironing on the trim.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:17 PM
Just go with the flow
Modesto, CA
Joined Nov 2006
3,231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropsnWings View Post
Never had any luck with that tool, made a mess of things. I just use a low heat and take my time, then use trim solvent on a Q-tip to seal the edges.

Not much luck with the low heat thing, really thought I took my time but I got a lot of bubbles.
Last edited by goflyhighrc; Dec 20, 2012 at 11:25 PM.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:27 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,661 Posts
Quote:
Have you used it much ? Do you just run the woodpecker over the ultracoat you want to place trim over then iron the trim down. I've read about "Trim Solvent" but not sure how that works or if it works as good as ironing on the trim.
Trim solvent was designed to work with Monokote. The only time I ever tried to use it with Ultracote, it took the adhesive off of the Ultracote..

As to the woodpecker, yes, I have used it many times with both Monokote and Ultracote. Though, I must admit, I have not used it for a while...(Too many ARFs)

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 21, 2012, 08:31 AM
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
526 Posts
Quote:

There is a short thread over on Flying Giants that may help or provide you with some ideas.

http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=77221
Capt. Roll is offline Find More Posts by Capt. Roll
Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:09 AM
Perfect 3pt inverted landing!
USA, AL, Huntsville
Joined Oct 2008
3,089 Posts
What has worked for me has been to iron down one edge of the covering first, then hold the rest of it up in the air while I work the iron down it's length, pulling the covering down in front of it as I go.

I'm not sure how good that description is actually. Imagine putting wall paper on a ceiling with a roller. You would first attach one end and then push the roller away from that end, drawing up the rest of the paper as you go. It's kinda like that. If you go slow and are careful, you'll get very few bubbles.

That's how I applied the white to the plane in my avatar.
teookie is offline Find More Posts by teookie