HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:11 AM
customstandoffs
USA, AL, Madison
Joined Dec 2007
8,546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted-I-Fly View Post
I run fixed endpoints on all my castle esc, and low timing for my motrolfly motors and a separate Bec for the servos, so it is not the set-up. The esc didn't just shut off, it smoked, it's done
I'm sure Castle will replace it.

Send it in. Call them just to make sure they can't think of anything that will cause the next one to smoke but I'm sure they will replace the ESC.

Was the ESC new or had you used it before?

EDIT: Nevermind. I see you are past this already
cmala is offline Find More Posts by cmala
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:11 AM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmala View Post
I'm sure Castle will replace it.

Send it in. Call them just to make sure they can't think of anything that will cause the next one to smoke but I'm sure they will replace the ESC.

Was the ESC new or had you used it before?

EDIT: Nevermind. I see you are past this already
I hope so, we will see and I'll report back what they do.
3drcparts is offline Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:59 AM
Stick banger
USA, AZ, Chandler
Joined Oct 2004
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goflyhighrc View Post
Going to be replacing the Robart Hinges in my 89 Slick, would it be best to plug the old holes then re drill or is it OK to use the existing holes.
I had to re-hinge the rudder on my 87 SHP awhile back, I cut the hinges and melted the plastic out with a soldering iron (with a tip that you don't care about, obviously). I just re-used the existing holes to mount new hinge pins. You'll have to use some judgement as to whether the pins are too loose in the holes, but mine seemed ok so I went with it.
Ace4 is offline Find More Posts by Ace4
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:11 AM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,404 Posts
I drilled out the hinges in the 71 & 89 ans used the same holes. I use gg to set my hinges. It expands well and makes them tight. I have a good 500+ flights since the redoing of the hinges and they are still tight
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:54 AM
HIBDON FOR PRESIDENT !!
Modesto, CA
Joined Nov 2006
3,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
I drilled out the hinges in the 71 & 89 ans used the same holes. I use gg to set my hinges. It expands well and makes them tight. I have a good 500+ flights since the redoing of the hinges and they are still tight
I had to re-hinge the rudder on my 87 SHP awhile back, I cut the hinges and melted the plastic out with a soldering iron (with a tip that you don't care about, obviously). I just re-used the existing holes to mount new hinge pins. You'll have to use some judgement as to whether the pins are too loose in the holes, but mine seemed ok so I went with it.

On my 71 I cut the hinges and poked a few of them back into the control surface.Big mistake, now I have them rattling around in there. I melted the remaining hinges with and old soldering iron, it worked well.
goflyhighrc is offline Find More Posts by goflyhighrc
Last edited by goflyhighrc; Nov 28, 2012 at 01:00 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 01:38 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goflyhighrc View Post
Going to be replacing the Robart Hinges in my 89 Slick, would it be best to plug the old holes then re drill or is it OK to use the existing holes.
Personally, I would use the exiting holes. As has been said, you can use a very fine point soldering iron to melt the old hinges out....

And yes, pieces of hinge rattling around inside will drive you nuts even if you only hear them when you move the plane...

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Nov 28, 2012, 05:16 PM
USA, NJ, West Paterson
Joined Feb 2008
1,249 Posts
Does anybody have any extra stock servo arms for a 65mg That you don't need. I need three single sided and one double sided arm. I had a whole box of them and after cleaning up the shop can't find them anymore.
Pm me if you have them
Thanks

Edit
Thanks guys I have them now
jamesrini is online now Find More Posts by jamesrini
Last edited by jamesrini; Nov 28, 2012 at 08:40 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:42 PM
Aussies fly Down Under!
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Oct 2012
184 Posts
Hey. Does anyone know if ADC hobby are still in business?

I have sent over 9 emails to rob@adchobbystore.com (and also cc'd info@adchobbystore.com on each one), since 14th November- without a single response to date. And I am only trying to buy another 3dhs plane off him...

Does anyone know whats going on with ADC? Thanks!

Shirty is offline Find More Posts by Shirty
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:21 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirty View Post
Hey. Does anyone know if ADC hobby are still in business?

I have sent over 9 emails to rob@adchobbystore.com (and also cc'd info@adchobbystore.com on each one), since 14th November- without a single response to date. And I am only trying to buy another 3dhs plane off him...

Does anyone know whats going on with ADC? Thanks!

That's strange because i've always had really good luck getting a hold of Rob at ADC.

You could always go directly to 3DHS now though, they have international shipping.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:30 PM
Aussies fly Down Under!
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Oct 2012
184 Posts
Thanks mate, strange I know. I know I can get the planes direct through 3DHS now, (thanks), but I was trying to remain loyal to Rob at ADC cause he did such a good job on my 59 slick purchase... Guess ADC are earning too much and cant be bothered selling overseas anymore...
Old Nov 29, 2012, 06:02 AM
Flying 2 Fight Cancer
corona, ca
Joined Feb 2011
3,611 Posts
well as much as i dont want to, the Disco Ball will be for sale =( will post more pics and info with price later
Elec 1800 is offline Find More Posts by Elec 1800
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Great Planes Cosmic Wind
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:04 PM
Quit Chucking My Wood
USA, TX, Amarillo
Joined Dec 2003
1,263 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorJockey View Post
Anyone here coming to the Mid-America FLI?

Its a little far out for planning these days Fred, but if I can talk rmr24 into it and its not too busy at work I'd like to come again.

You and the club put on a great event last time.

Rich
rthorne is online now Find More Posts by rthorne
Old Dec 02, 2012, 03:55 AM
Surrey, B.C.
Joined Feb 2004
402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirty View Post
Thanks mate, strange I know. I know I can get the planes direct through 3DHS now, (thanks), but I was trying to remain loyal to Rob at ADC cause he did such a good job on my 59 slick purchase... Guess ADC are earning too much and cant be bothered selling overseas anymore...
I've had very good support from Rob@ADC in the past & I just order a 57" extra from him (just waiting on shipping info).
My guess it's a supply problem between him & 3DHS as if you look on the ADC site almost all the 3DHS planes are out of stock.
My buddy was waiting for him to get a Vyper Bype instock but he still hasn't so my buddy ended up having to order it direct from 3DHS at a higher shipping cost.
Mach3 is online now Find More Posts by Mach3
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:34 AM
Aussies fly Down Under!
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Oct 2012
184 Posts
thanks. I finally heard from rob and 4 weeks for all the out of stock stuff i want including the plane. guess ill just be patient.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:26 PM
On loan to Texas
United States, TX, Benbrook
Joined Oct 2005
5,084 Posts
Looking to sell the gear that was in my 47" SHP. This gear was bought end of September. Thought I would give the Fanatics first dibs before I post in the FS forum. Never been crashed

Omega 130g $64.99 mew
Extreme Flight Airboss 45A Elite ESC $99.99 new
Combo price $110 shipped in the continental US

4 HS-65MG servos
$75.00 Shipped
Ohio AV8TOR is offline Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR