Old Oct 23, 2012, 08:59 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bivens View Post
reported...
LOL! Sorry... that's what happens when I wake up and start replying to posts before I get the cobwebs out.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:16 AM
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj View Post
I do...look at that pretty starboard wing...and the mirrored port wing. Wonder if I can buy spare wings?

Wait I got that backwards...look at the pretty port wing, and the mirrored starboard wing. Yea that's it!

I know, I'm a bastardo LOL No more wing jokes today
You forgot your pants
jsmith285 is online now Find More Posts by jsmith285
Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:24 AM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285 View Post
You forgot your pants
hehe, they're shorts! And I'm inside the house!

Still got some work to do....might just put the pants on.
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:59 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,170 Posts
hahaha
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:22 PM
United States, TX, Carrollton
Joined Dec 2009
259 Posts
It is my understanding that this thread is about plane related post. If you are looking for Bromance / Social thread it is over at the Fly Low
jhorton is offline Find More Posts by jhorton
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:47 PM
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhorton View Post
It is my understanding that this thread is about plane related post. If you are looking for Bromance / Social thread it is over at the Fly Low
So do you just check in on this thread to tell people the rules of this thread?
FireyFate is offline Find More Posts by FireyFate
Old Oct 23, 2012, 06:17 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,929 Posts
nvm
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:09 PM
United States, IL, Peoria
Joined May 2003
804 Posts
FireyFate missed the "wheel" pants joke apparently
speed2004 is offline Find More Posts by speed2004
Last edited by speed2004; Oct 23, 2012 at 09:11 PM. Reason: fix name
Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:17 PM
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed2004 View Post
FireyFate missed the "wheel" pants joke apparently
I thought it was kinda funny.
Lighten up dudes
Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:31 PM
Joined Nov 2008
8,158 Posts
Yall are making me feel bad. I just...just... NVM
Old Oct 24, 2012, 08:08 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhorton View Post
Yea, what he said.
Got wings? :P
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Oct 24, 2012, 08:12 AM
Joined Nov 2008
8,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
Yea, what he said.
Got wings? :P
Cool Hand Luke - Failure to Communicate (0 min 10 sec)
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:12 AM
Aerial Abstract Art
San Francisco, CA
Joined Nov 2005
2,520 Posts
Here's a few pictures of my Lodi CA Huckfest. I had a minor crash to my 103" SC a few months earlier and did the repairs to the fuse right behind the canopy, but I guess the repairs weren't strong enough. Four minutes into the flight, I went to do a wall and my tail snapped off and separated from the fuse right behind the canopy. The tail fell where it broke off, but the fuse and wing kept flying on for a few hundred more yards. I still had throttle and aileron control, but it didn't mean much. I crashed into a fence and the ground, but thankfully it stayed out of the little pond right next to us. Plane was trashed, the DLE had a bent crank and the exhausts got ripped up, the power expander is trashed and a few of the spektrum satellites had their cables or antennas ripped. Thankfully all of the servos are fine as are the various other parts, so time to start shopping around for a new 100cc plane. Slick and DA 120 maybe???

After the crash, I didn't feel like flying much, so I put up my DJI Hexa and shot some aerial video of some of the other guys, which was a nice distraction.

DJI F550 and Askman AG550 Gimbal at the Lodi Flying Giants Huckfest 2012 (5 min 15 sec)
Daloaf is offline Find More Posts by Daloaf
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:20 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloaf View Post
Here's a few pictures of my Lodi CA Huckfest. I had a minor crash to my 103" SC a few months earlier and did the repairs to the fuse right behind the canopy, but I guess the repairs weren't strong enough. Four minutes into the flight, I went to do a wall and my tail snapped off and separated from the fuse right behind the canopy. The tail fell where it broke off, but the fuse and wing kept flying on for a few hundred more yards. I still had throttle and aileron control, but it didn't mean much. I crashed into a fence and the ground, but thankfully it stayed out of the little pond right next to us. Plane was trashed, the DLE had a bent crank and the exhausts got ripped up, the power expander is trashed and a few of the spektrum satellites had their cables or antennas ripped. Thankfully all of the servos are fine as are the various other parts, so time to start shopping around for a new 100cc plane. Slick and DA 120 maybe???

After the crash, I didn't feel like flying much, so I put up my DJI Hexa and shot some aerial video of some of the other guys, which was a nice distraction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyqV0NOi3Ng
Man that suucks about the Extra. I was there and i think i saw the Extra before it's death. I must have left before this happened, major bummer man.

That Kyle dude was killing it all weekend I can't wait until next year! I'm saving up now so i won't have the smallest plane on the flight line like i did this year
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:20 AM
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloaf View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyqV0NOi3Ng
O not the dreaded pancake award.