HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 07, 2012, 06:32 PM
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
ohio
Joined Oct 2010
4,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer View Post
I've hung them in the trees a couple times.... Don't hate.
I think we all put them in the trees. I have put three in the trees before. However I have not done so in two years.
3Daddict is offline Find More Posts by 3Daddict
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2012, 06:34 PM
HIBDON FOR PRESIDENT !!
Modesto, CA
Joined Nov 2006
3,140 Posts
A friend at our flying field is haveing trouble with his dle30. He crashed is old 70 Slick and put a new one together, since the installing the motor his problems are state below. Anyone have an idea what could be wrong so we can give it a try before sending it back to the Vendor. Does the DLE 30 use the same carb as a DA 60?

I have to send the engine back to Troy. I believe the carburetor or ignition went south. Two things: 1) I canít get it to idle under 5200rpm and 2) after I took the carburetor off for inspection, it hard to start and when it does the engine constantly backfires. Iím bummed.
goflyhighrc is online now Find More Posts by goflyhighrc
Old Oct 07, 2012, 06:42 PM
220lb of Canned Heat, baby
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Daddict View Post
I think we all put them in the trees. I have put three in the trees before. However I have not done so in two years.
I've done it twice by hitting LVC in a hover over trees, and once when I didn't pull out of a flatspin in time. I've only been flying since last November-ish, but I think I can manage to not do that anymore as well.
quadracer is offline Find More Posts by quadracer
Old Oct 07, 2012, 06:46 PM
220lb of Canned Heat, baby
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goflyhighrc View Post
I have to send the engine back to Troy. I believe the carburetor or ignition went south. Two things: 1) I canít get it to idle under 5200rpm and 2) after I took the carburetor off for inspection, it hard to start and when it does the engine constantly backfires. Iím bummed.
Sounds like it is leaking air around the carb base, but as far as not idling under 5k, I don't know. I would try a new ignition first, and check that the timing sensor wasn't moved or damaged in the crash. Also, clean the carb out really good, as some dirt may have gotten into the reed valves.
quadracer is offline Find More Posts by quadracer
Old Oct 07, 2012, 07:09 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,925 Posts
Sounds like a stuck reed. Carb rebuild kit, bowman reed and bowman piston ring.

Quote:
A friend at our flying field is haveing trouble with his dle30. He crashed is old 70 Slick and put a new one together, since the installing the motor his problems are state below. Anyone have an idea what could be wrong so we can give it a try before sending it back to the Vendor. Does the DLE 30 use the same carb as a DA 60?

going4speed is online now Find More Posts by going4speed
Old Oct 07, 2012, 08:37 PM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2010
4,373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfuller1250 View Post
Congrads on the huckfest! Talked to a couple of people that went and sounded like you did a great job. It is on my list for next year!
For sure! See you here!

Quote:
....Does the DLE 30 use the same carb as a DA 60?
No.
Bivens is online now Find More Posts by Bivens
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2012, 11:10 PM
United States, CA, Hughson
Joined Jan 2012
1,064 Posts
Hey I ordered a new ignition today. I will tell you the story tomorrow. This one works fine. If he wants to use it to see if that fixes his issue he is welcome too. Talk to you tomorrow.
hertzrepkeith is online now Find More Posts by hertzrepkeith
Old Oct 08, 2012, 02:44 PM
On loan to Texas
United States, TX, Benbrook
Joined Oct 2005
5,082 Posts
Any fanatics out there that can make up a Power pole lead for me? I have a DA ignition and they use a power poll connections. I would like to solder this to the lead from my IBEC. I am getting a new ignition from DA and that is the way they come. On my first one I removed the PP connector and soldered the servo connector to it.

This is what they look like

Ohio AV8TOR is online now Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
Old Oct 08, 2012, 03:11 PM
Perfect 3pt inverted landing!
USA, AL, Huntsville
Joined Oct 2008
3,089 Posts
So what you need is a PP to female servo adapter?

Whats stopping you from cutting and soldering the new one?

I could build one for you but I'm all out of female servo connectors.
teookie is offline Find More Posts by teookie
Old Oct 08, 2012, 04:03 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio AV8TOR View Post
Any fanatics out there that can make up a Power pole lead for me? I have a DA ignition and they use a power poll connections. I would like to solder this to the lead from my IBEC. I am getting a new ignition from DA and that is the way they come. On my first one I removed the PP connector and soldered the servo connector to it.

This is what they look like

DA ignitions usually come with a power pole pigtail that matches that plug so you can make up whatever you need to connect it to a pack. that said, cutting their powerpole plug off is usually the first thing I do
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Oct 08, 2012, 04:04 PM
On loan to Texas
United States, TX, Benbrook
Joined Oct 2005
5,082 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teookie View Post
So what you need is a PP to female servo adapter?
I did not know that they made that but after a search I see they do. After thinking about it though that is just to many connectors. On my first ignition I took a servo extension and cut off the PP connector on the ignition and soldered the 3" extension to the ignition. I think I will just do that again.
Ohio AV8TOR is online now Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:22 PM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2010
4,373 Posts
Yep..I cut and splice...everytime.
Bivens is online now Find More Posts by Bivens
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:46 PM
HIBDON FOR PRESIDENT !!
Modesto, CA
Joined Nov 2006
3,140 Posts
Would anyone know the size of the axle for the 89 " Slick, can't find it anywhere, are they metric ??
goflyhighrc is online now Find More Posts by goflyhighrc
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:51 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,092 Posts
Ok....Micrometer in right hand, axle in left, actual measurement is .1985"..... 3/16"=.1875", for a difference of .011" 3/16" easily drilled to to size.

And .1985"= 5.04mm You can drill a 3/16" wheel collar to .1990 with a #8 drill bit....

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SteveT.; Oct 08, 2012 at 10:20 PM.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:57 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,925 Posts
Weird I thought they would be 5mm
going4speed is online now Find More Posts by going4speed