HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 05, 2012, 01:15 PM
United States, OH, Columbus
Joined Apr 2009
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goflyhighrc View Post
I take meshed drywall tape line the inside of the wheel pants, then a thin coat of Gorilla Glue. I just run water from a faucet inside the pants wet them good then shake the water out then brush the GG glue over the meshed tape. The GG glue expands to app 1/4 inch thick and just adds a couple of grams to each pant. Haven't cracked a pant since. I also use 2mm blind nuts and bolts vs. the screws on the landing gear. Other guys at my field have used the meshed tape and epoxy they are much more durable than stock but they still crack a bit. Gorrill Glue over the mesh holds yet is flexible.Done this on my 51 -70 and 89 Slicks. You won't be dissapointed.

http://www.toolup.com/marshalltown_m...FQjZQgodjVgAUg
What a great idea! Tried it on some olp pants. What a difference. Couldnt believe how it stiffened them up.
REXBIRK is offline Find More Posts by REXBIRK
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2012, 01:30 PM
Ta-dah!
Texas
Joined May 2007
4,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzed View Post
Got to see Bob Hoover fly the Shrike Aero Commander, piston, in Santa Barbara back in 1997. Amazing show and superb skills on Bob's part!

I was lucky enough to meet Bob Hoover a couple of times when I work in aviation insurance. The company I worked for hired him a couple of years to attend the NBAA and stand in our both. The man really enjoys grapes.

Best pilot EVER btw.
blakevan is offline Find More Posts by blakevan
Old Oct 05, 2012, 01:32 PM
E TN
Joined Jan 2003
239 Posts
i have been attending rockford and oshkosh since 1962 have seen alot of the greatest aerobatic flyers in the world perform. Bob Hoover is a pilots pilot, and when Bob speaks even the best listen he is a true southern gentleman from Nashville. I remeber seeing him in his younger days fly the whole shrike energy management flight with the engines off and feathered, land and roll out to his parking spot. My top five are Bob H, Duane Cole (clipped wing t-craft), Leo Loudenslager, Bob Lyjak (taperwinged waco) saw him do a snap roll on takeoff, hit the tires on the runway, go fly his whole routine, Jimmie Franklin (waco mystery ship) both before and after he installed the jet engine. I also really love Matt Younkin's nite airshow with the twin beech. Can't wait to see Kyle Franklin back in the air in 2013 with a new dracula aerobatic routine (hope he is still in the waco). Always enjoyed Delmar Benjamin in the Gee Bee Also. Shaun Tucker deserves to be on any ones list too. Remeber when the Sukhoi SU-29 showed up that first year, still a beautiful airplane with big round cowl, hint hint Scott and Ben.
Komet ME163 is offline Find More Posts by Komet ME163
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:57 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmala View Post
Very cool video. Gave me chills watching it.

Loved the drag the wingtip thingie in the water and then inverted under the bridge...

I hope he lives a longer than expected life. So we can see more stuff from him.
Well....there are old pilots, and bold pilots.....very few old/bold pilots.....

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Oct 05, 2012, 05:09 PM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Well....there are old pilots, and bold pilots.....very few old/bold pilots.....

SteveT
Bill Cornick in his Pitts S2-c comes to mind, he can still get the heart rate jumping
3drcparts is online now Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old Oct 05, 2012, 05:30 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted-I-Fly View Post
Bill Cornick in his Pitts S2-c comes to mind, he can still get the heart rate jumping
Yup!!

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Oct 06, 2012, 03:04 PM
3D Sunset Flier
PHX
Joined Jun 2008
4,047 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komet ME163 View Post
i have been attending rockford and oshkosh since 1962 have seen alot of the greatest aerobatic flyers in the world perform. Bob Hoover is a pilots pilot, and when Bob speaks even the best listen he is a true southern gentleman from Nashville. I remeber seeing him in his younger days fly the whole shrike energy management flight with the engines off and feathered, land and roll out to his parking spot. My top five are Bob H, Duane Cole (clipped wing t-craft), Leo Loudenslager, Bob Lyjak (taperwinged waco) saw him do a snap roll on takeoff, hit the tires on the runway, go fly his whole routine, Jimmie Franklin (waco mystery ship) both before and after he installed the jet engine. I also really love Matt Younkin's nite airshow with the twin beech. Can't wait to see Kyle Franklin back in the air in 2013 with a new dracula aerobatic routine (hope he is still in the waco). Always enjoyed Delmar Benjamin in the Gee Bee Also. Shaun Tucker deserves to be on any ones list too. Remeber when the Sukhoi SU-29 showed up that first year, still a beautiful airplane with big round cowl, hint hint Scott and Ben.
Outstanding list there Komet. What a treat to see the best of the best at Oshkosh. Best venue in the world!

Buzzed is offline Find More Posts by Buzzed
Old Oct 06, 2012, 03:06 PM
3D Sunset Flier
PHX
Joined Jun 2008
4,047 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakevan View Post
I was lucky enough to meet Bob Hoover a couple of times when I work in aviation insurance. The company I worked for hired him a couple of years to attend the NBAA and stand in our both. The man really enjoys grapes.

Best pilot EVER btw.
That's really cool! I would love to meet Bob.

Buzzed is offline Find More Posts by Buzzed
Old Oct 06, 2012, 06:31 PM
I AM SOFA KING WE TODD DID
Iceland, Westfjords, safjrur
Joined Mar 2011
1,107 Posts
Anyone else not able to access the 3dHS website? I got $ burning a hole in my pocket dangit!
wavekatcher is offline Find More Posts by wavekatcher
Old Oct 06, 2012, 06:32 PM
Well, now that you know ...
Grafton, Massachusetts, United States
Joined Sep 2004
5,645 Posts
Workin fine here
Bigster is online now Find More Posts by Bigster
Old Oct 06, 2012, 06:40 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavekatcher View Post
Anyone else not able to access the 3dHS website? I got $ burning a hole in my pocket dangit!
If you need my shipping address just let me know.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Oct 06, 2012, 06:42 PM
I AM SOFA KING WE TODD DID
Iceland, Westfjords, safjrur
Joined Mar 2011
1,107 Posts
I think the boss....I mean wife put a block this site for me cuz I can't get it to work
wavekatcher is offline Find More Posts by wavekatcher
Old Oct 06, 2012, 06:47 PM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,630 Posts
There are computers at your local library, right
Alex Schauer is online now Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Oct 06, 2012, 07:08 PM
United States, CA, Long Beach
Joined Sep 2011
826 Posts
Nope not working here either.
kingconsulting is offline Find More Posts by kingconsulting
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:07 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,009 Posts
Works for me. Just curious, what browser are the people who's isn't working using? I'm using chrome.
zmonster97 is online now Find More Posts by zmonster97