HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 01, 2012, 04:52 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,009 Posts
SteveT,

My dad called Hitec today and spoke to Tony. He said the exact same thing that Mike told me when I emailed him. He said there was not a 65mg servo in there and that they double checked. He said he didn't know why I put the servos on separate service forms. I did that because there was only one spot for the date purchased and where purchased. So I think that once they saw the first form, they thought there wasn't another form in there, so they just threw the box out. That's what I think. And they won't send me a servo. Oh well.

What do you guys do when you have to send in more than one servo?

So, now I am officially out a 65mg.
zmonster97 is offline Find More Posts by zmonster97
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2012, 05:13 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
SteveT,

My dad called Hitec today and spoke to Tony. He said the exact same thing that Mike told me when I emailed him. He said there was not a 65mg servo in there and that they double checked. He said he didn't know why I put the servos on separate service forms. I did that because there was only one spot for the date purchased and where purchased. So I think that once they saw the first form, they thought there wasn't another form in there, so they just threw the box out. That's what I think. And they won't send me a servo. Oh well.

Sorry to hear this... I haven't had a lot of contact with them, but it has been positive when I did....

On the other hand....and I am definitely NOT saying you would do something like this. I'm quite sure they have had people send them things and say that there were "x" number of pieces, when there weren't, trying to get something for nothing...

As to shipping servos to them....they all go in one box....I have never like shipping things in multiple boxes unless absolutely necessary....

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Oct 01, 2012, 05:17 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
Joined May 2011
3,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Sorry to hear this... I haven't had a lot of contact with them, but it has been positive when I did....

As to shipping servos to them....they all go in one box....I have never like shipping things in multiple boxes unless absolutely necessary....

SteveT
I shipped the servos in the same box, but I filled out separate forms for each.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 05:34 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,708 Posts
Quote:
I shipped the servos in the same box, but I filled out separate forms for each.
Well....I don't work for them, nor having anything to do with them other than being a customer, so, unfortunately, I can't help you....it's too bad this happened though...

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Oct 01, 2012, 05:42 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
Joined May 2011
3,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Well....I don't work for them, nor having anything to do with them other than being a customer, so, unfortunately, I can't help you....it's too bad this happened though...

SteveT
Yeah, I wasn't looking for you to help me.

But, what do you guys do if you ship more than one servo in at a time?
Old Oct 01, 2012, 05:48 PM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Apr 2009
7,653 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, I wasn't looking for you to help me.

But, what do you guys do if you ship more than one servo in at a time?
put them all on one sheet. there is more than enough room to squeeze in some purchase info. I usually give them my best guess as to when and where they were purchased. I've never included a receipt--not out of some shady intent, simply because I'm disorganized and the thought of finding said receipt even though it is somewhere in my email is a nightmare.

they've always hooked me up. once I sent 14 servos of various sizes and ages, all of them non functioning. I got back six new and six refurbished for $100. mostly 65mgs and above. that's the only time they've asked for money, though.
Irg is offline Find More Posts by Irg
Old Oct 01, 2012, 06:30 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,929 Posts
I take a picture of most things I ship as they go in the box. You never know.
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
Old Oct 01, 2012, 08:33 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
Joined May 2011
3,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg View Post
put them all on one sheet. there is more than enough room to squeeze in some purchase info. I usually give them my best guess as to when and where they were purchased. I've never included a receipt--not out of some shady intent, simply because I'm disorganized and the thought of finding said receipt even though it is somewhere in my email is a nightmare.

they've always hooked me up. once I sent 14 servos of various sizes and ages, all of them non functioning. I got back six new and six refurbished for $100. mostly 65mgs and above. that's the only time they've asked for money, though.
Yeah, I guess there is some room to squeeze more than one purchase date on there but, I typed in the form on the computer and it wouldn't let me type more than one date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
I take a picture of most things I ship as they go in the box. You never know.
Not a bad idea, but how do they know that you didn't just take a picture of another servo?
Old Oct 01, 2012, 08:56 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,929 Posts
Its better than nothing. I tape whatever it is to a piece of paper. If they get snippy I tell them to look at the tape to see if its disturbed. It's not flawless but what is?
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
Old Oct 01, 2012, 09:26 PM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2010
4,442 Posts
Quote:
SteveT,

I just put them all on one form....in the box at the bottom with room for several "items". Hitec is definately not picky about purchase date...I've never had to pay for any service on items I've sent, regardless of when they were bought...so I just put them on one form.
Bivens is offline Find More Posts by Bivens
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 01, 2012, 09:27 PM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2010
4,442 Posts
Nice pics from the TN Huckfest guys.....thank you all for coming!!! I can't wait to put another big event together for 2013!!

Mike
Bivens is offline Find More Posts by Bivens
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 01, 2012, 10:27 PM
Wingman II
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Sep 2011
1,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer View Post
Diggity sold the RB 70???? Must be something hella nice to replace it.... What you got brewing over there, Diggity!?!?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0gravity View Post
I'd like to know too
Just stock piling money for a long, "big" rainy day.
diggity2424 is offline Find More Posts by diggity2424
Old Oct 02, 2012, 11:29 AM
Fly til dark
United States, IN, Bourbon
Joined Nov 2011
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bivens View Post
Nice pics from the TN Huckfest guys.....thank you all for coming!!! I can't wait to put another big event together for 2013!!

Mike
Congrads on the huckfest! Talked to a couple of people that went and sounded like you did a great job. It is on my list for next year!
jfuller1250 is offline Find More Posts by jfuller1250
Old Oct 02, 2012, 02:22 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
Joined May 2011
3,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
Its better than nothing. I tape whatever it is to a piece of paper. If they get snippy I tell them to look at the tape to see if its disturbed. It's not flawless but what is?
True.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bivens View Post
I just put them all on one form....in the box at the bottom with room for several "items". Hitec is definately not picky about purchase date...I've never had to pay for any service on items I've sent, regardless of when they were bought...so I just put them on one form.
Ok, thanks.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 03:34 PM
Go Fly Yourself...!!
United States, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Oct 2004
1,485 Posts
72" Extra330SC Yellow Wings Needed!!! Wife ran over mine...

Greetings all...

72" Extra330SC Yellow Wings Needed!!!
Wife ran over my set from the 2 year old V1 Extra 330SC recently converted to use a DLE35R.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2715

What happened:
The wing bag fell off the garage wall (on the passenger side of the wife's car) and she didn't see the bag as she pulled out with the front wheels running over the wing set. She felt really bad but really it was my fault as the bag should have been attached better to the wall.

So now I'm looking for both a right and left wings in Yellow.
3DHS is out of stock and I don't know when they will be coming in...

My hope is there are a couple of wings out there (in one location or two) that could use a new home for a decent price.

If you have (on know someone who does) either or both (L&R) Yellow 72" Extra 330SC wings in good shape and want to sell them, please PM me!!

Thanks in advance,
D-Man
xxD-Manxx is offline Find More Posts by xxD-Manxx