HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 19, 2012, 04:28 PM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory.da View Post
Hi guys, currently flying a 47" Velox and it's big Brother the 68" Velox. Looking to add either the 48" Super Vyper, or the 51" AJ Slick (I want something that can fly both 3d and pattern). Which would you suggest?

Wow, just saw that 3dhs has the 59" AJ Slick on sale for $229, less than the 51". Now there is another possiblility. The 48" Super Vyper is on sale for $140. Which would you go for as more of a precision airplane?
Consider what gear you have already. Like the 68 and a 65 vyper would share the same batterys and gear. I think it's on sale to. it's very nice for what you want.
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2012, 04:40 PM
On loan to Texas
United States, TX, Benbrook
Joined Oct 2005
5,341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Not opposite to....90 degrees to..... If you drill opposite, you will drill into the set screw....(just sayin...)

SteveT
Brain fart but that is what I intended to say.
Ohio AV8TOR is offline Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
Old Sep 19, 2012, 04:46 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio AV8TOR View Post
Since I am finishing up my SHP, this is great... I tend to stress wheels out.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Sep 19, 2012, 04:54 PM
Joined Nov 2008
8,220 Posts
Quote:
But if the grub screw is useless....take it out! half a hole done!
Old Sep 19, 2012, 05:51 PM
On loan to Texas
Joined Oct 2005
5,341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj View Post
But if the grub screw is useless....take it out! half a hole done!
I would saw that the advantage of the grub screw is to get the gap/preload right against the wheel first then with it tightened a cotter pin will completely prevent the lost wheel.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 06:53 PM
Joined Nov 2008
8,220 Posts
Either way mine are done...was able to just leave the wheel on to..careful!
Old Sep 19, 2012, 06:56 PM
On loan to Texas
Joined Oct 2005
5,341 Posts
Looks pretty secure
Old Sep 19, 2012, 07:04 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,992 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory.da View Post
Hi guys, currently flying a 47" Velox and it's big Brother the 68" Velox. Looking to add either the 48" Super Vyper, or the 51" AJ Slick (I want something that can fly both 3d and pattern). Which would you suggest?

Wow, just saw that 3dhs has the 59" AJ Slick on sale for $229, less than the 51". Now there is another possiblility. The 48" Super Vyper is on sale for $140. Which would you go for as more of a precision airplane?
Nothing flies like a Slick!! And they fly precision very well!! That said, the Vyper was designed as a hybrid precision/3D machine...

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SteveT.; Sep 19, 2012 at 07:09 PM.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 07:06 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,992 Posts
Quote:
I know....just ribbing you a bit.....

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Sep 19, 2012, 07:08 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,315 Posts
And i believe for the 59'' Slick that AJ tilted performance a little more to the precision side which would take a little bit from the 3D characteristics everyone loves the 51'' and 71'' for. If you want precision and 3d i'd say whether you get the Vyper or 59" Slick you'll be happy.

PS

My favorite size plane is 57''-60'' so if it were up to me i'd go with the 59'' Slick
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Last edited by hone1er; Sep 19, 2012 at 08:31 PM. Reason: typo
Old Sep 19, 2012, 07:10 PM
Just go with the flow
Modesto, CA
Joined Nov 2006
3,234 Posts
Dx8

Helping a buddy set up his new Slick, I'm not familiar with the DX 8. Does anyone know how to select a switch.Want to go into an AUX 4 with the servo in the reciever and set a switch for the choke.
goflyhighrc is online now Find More Posts by goflyhighrc
Old Sep 19, 2012, 07:56 PM
Wingman II
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Sep 2011
1,262 Posts
if your on the model that you want, switch to a different model, then go back to that model you want. Before you go to the main screen, there will be a system setup screen. from there pan down to "switch select". This will show you all your switches and what they are currently assigned to. here you can assign whatever switch you prefer. I hope this helps. I don't know why you have to exit a model to get the system setup screen. Weird, but that's what you have to do.
diggity2424 is offline Find More Posts by diggity2424
Old Sep 19, 2012, 08:29 PM
Just go with the flow
Modesto, CA
Joined Nov 2006
3,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by diggity2424 View Post
if your on the model that you want, switch to a different model, then go back to that model you want. Before you go to the main screen, there will be a system setup screen. from there pan down to "switch select". This will show you all your switches and what they are currently assigned to. here you can assign whatever switch you prefer. I hope this helps. I don't know why you have to exit a model to get the system setup screen. Weird, but that's what you have to do.
Fiqured it out, thanks !
goflyhighrc is online now Find More Posts by goflyhighrc
Old Sep 19, 2012, 08:30 PM
United States, TX, Palacios
Joined Feb 2009
1,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
And i believe for the 59'' Slick that AJ titled performance a little more to the precision side which would take a little bit from the 3D characteristics everyone loves the 51'' and 71'' for. If you want precision and 3d i'd say whether you get the Vyper or 59" Slick you'll be happy.

PS

My favorite size plane is 57''-60'' so if it were up to me i'd go with the 59'' Slick

59" Slick on 5S flys nice !!!

Both precision and 3D...I may order another one as I have all the equipment here...
SportFlyer2 is offline Find More Posts by SportFlyer2
Old Sep 19, 2012, 08:33 PM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by diggity2424 View Post
you can also get to the setup menu by holding down the scroll wheel while turning on the power
3drcparts is online now Find More Posts by 3drcparts