HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 08, 2012, 07:58 PM
On loan to Texas
United States, TX, Benbrook
Joined Oct 2005
5,093 Posts
The last time out with my 87" SHP i pulled the throttle back pulled back some elevator and some left rudder. They felt about 25% so that is what I set up along with throttle position to zero and also killing my IBEC (two shots at killing the motor) The flight looked like a gental spiral down. On FG there is two sides basically for those that set it up one believe that you put it in a snap and let it go in right over its position and the other though is the slower crash like I just described. One advantage of the slower method is that there will be more time to warn bystanders.
Ohio AV8TOR is offline Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 08, 2012, 07:58 PM
HIBDON FOR PRESIDENT !!
Modesto, CA
Joined Nov 2006
3,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gremlin View Post
If it's like my JR 11x I would have to assume "stk" means the actual stick position and "out" mean the throttle percentage being sent out to the motor set in the curve.
Should the they match ? should the stick position = the output %.
goflyhighrc is offline Find More Posts by goflyhighrc
Old Sep 08, 2012, 08:04 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,406 Posts
No dont match them b/c if you set the stk at 36% and the out at 36% you havent done anything. What that means is at 36% stick travel you are putting out 36% power. So its still linear= no curve
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Sep 08, 2012, 08:15 PM
What?!? I didn't do that!
Orchard Park, NY
Joined Dec 2002
267 Posts
About the only thing that sucks about the 11X is the manual, I think it is very flexible once you figure out how to set things up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
Why does the 11x only have a 3 point throttle curve? Kind of useless to me. Or am I doing something wrong?
The 11X has up to a 7 point throttle curve, you just add additional points where you want them. Go to the throttle curve option and start moving the throttle stick. You will see "ADD" in the bottom left. Press the button and it will add a curve point at that stick position. Once a point is added, when you move the stick back to that position "DEL" will appear at the bottom left for you to delete that point if you want it somewhere else

Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
Oh while I am asking Jr radio questions is there a way to put the timer on the throttle stick with the 11x. I can't seem to remember to hit the button.
You have to set up a stick position switch first then tie it to a timer. Here's a youtube video on how to do it, except he may have the on and off options switched.

JR11X Throttle Stick Timer (1 min 19 sec)

Losi, please PM me if you need to chat about anything on setting up the radio.
gremlin is offline Find More Posts by gremlin
Old Sep 08, 2012, 08:20 PM
Orchard Park, NY
Joined Dec 2002
267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goflyhighrc View Post
Should the they match ? should the stick position = the output %.
You should be able to scroll to the "out" setting for each point and change it to whatever value you want the throttle at for that curve point.
Old Sep 08, 2012, 08:26 PM
HIBDON FOR PRESIDENT !!
Modesto, CA
Joined Nov 2006
3,141 Posts
Quote:
You should be able to scroll to the "out" setting for each point and change it to whatever value you want the throttle at for that curve point.
How does that relate to the "stk" % on the screen.
Old Sep 08, 2012, 08:26 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,406 Posts
Quote:
About the only thing that sucks about the 11X is the manual, I think it is very flexible once you figure out how to set things up.

The 11X has up to a 7 point throttle curve, you just add additional points where you want them. Go to the throttle curve option and start moving the throttle stick. You will see "ADD" in the bottom left. Press the button and it will add a curve point at that stick position. Once a point is added, when you move the stick back to that position "DEL" will appear at the bottom left for you to delete that point if you want it somewhere else

You have to set up a stick position switch first then tie it to a timer. Here's a youtube video on how to do it, except he may have the on and off options switched.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN70ZUNYZ-0

Losi, please PM me if you need to chat about anything on setting up the radio.
Wow awesome. I knew it just had to be me. I will try it out tomorrow. Thanks. If i run into a snag l will pm ya
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Sep 08, 2012, 08:39 PM
Orchard Park, NY
Joined Dec 2002
267 Posts
Quote:
How does that relate to the "stk" % on the screen.
The "stk"% is the percentage of full travel of actual throttle stick,. 0% would be when the stick is at the bottom and 100% is where the stick would be at the top. So if you have a "stk' value of 25 and an "out" value of 10, when your throttle stick is a quarter of the way up, the motor will be operating like it's at 10% throttle. Lokking at the 10C manual, it looks like you can move or delete curve points too.
Old Sep 08, 2012, 08:42 PM
HIBDON FOR PRESIDENT !!
Modesto, CA
Joined Nov 2006
3,141 Posts
Quote:
The "stk"% is the percentage of full travel of actual throttle stick,. 0% would be when the stick is at the bottom and 100% is where the stick would be at the top. So if you have a "stk' value of 25 and an "out" value of 10, when your throttle stick is a quarter of the way up, the motor will be operating like it's at 10% throttle. Lokking at the 10C manual, it looks like you can move or delete curve points too.

That make a little sense, looks like you have to adjust both "stk" and "out" to set up your throttle curve. On my 9303 there are 7 points I set each point to the percentage I want. On the 10c if you want your throttle to run at 30% at mid stick you have to set point 4 "stk" at 50% and point 4 "out" at 30%. Doe's that seem correct.
Last edited by goflyhighrc; Sep 08, 2012 at 09:32 PM.
Old Sep 08, 2012, 08:53 PM
Orchard Park, NY
Joined Dec 2002
267 Posts
Quote:
That make a little sense, looks like you have to adjust bothe "stk" and "out" to set up your throttle curve.
Yes, It would depend on what shape you want the curve and how smooth you want the transition from point to point. Once you start setting the curve the graph helps give you an idea what the motor will see as you move the throttle stick from bottom to top.

And yes, your example seems correct.
Old Sep 08, 2012, 09:00 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,925 Posts
so failsafe you should be able to shut off the transmitter and the servos go to failsafe position?

If this is the case I am missing a step as it does not work
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
Old Sep 08, 2012, 09:26 PM
On loan to Texas
United States, TX, Benbrook
Joined Oct 2005
5,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
so failsafe you should be able to shut off the transmitter and the servos go to failsafe position?

If this is the case I am missing a step as it does not work
Yes but on my 8FG there are two fail safe's to program, one is signal and one is battery. Check that out. What % of stick movement did you set?
Ohio AV8TOR is offline Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
Old Sep 08, 2012, 10:05 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,925 Posts
all stick movements are about 12-15%. I think it sometimes does not work if you turn the transmitter on after the receiver. Now I dont do that when I am about to fly but this was just on the bench.
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
Old Sep 09, 2012, 07:06 AM
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Mar 2011
707 Posts
Gremlin, thanks for the curve fix, ill have to let my buddy know about that, we were perplexed by the 3pt curve as well.
nebwake is offline Find More Posts by nebwake
Old Sep 09, 2012, 01:26 PM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2010
4,375 Posts
That 11x programming is very similar to the 12X....overall it's a big upgrade over the 9503...but the DX18 is still way MORE programmable in many ways.
Bivens is offline Find More Posts by Bivens
RCG Plus Member