HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 01, 2012, 04:06 PM
Joined Jan 2012
43 Posts
---
keninvic is offline Find More Posts by keninvic
Last edited by keninvic; Mar 01, 2012 at 04:12 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2012, 04:08 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,921 Posts
These look very good and the cloth appears to be car cover material which will scratch much less than cotton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireyFate View Post
So is B&E graphics the place to buy a sun shade cover for an 87" Extra?

$69 doesn't seem terrible... but I was sort of hoping it would cost a little bit less than that.
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
Old Mar 01, 2012, 04:21 PM
House of Paine
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined May 2007
2,163 Posts
Quote:

$69 doesn't seem terrible... but I was sort of hoping it would cost a little bit less than that.
I picked up a 30cc one last summer from them, not sure if there are cheaper options or not.
weaser42 is offline Find More Posts by weaser42
Old Mar 01, 2012, 04:24 PM
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaser42 View Post
I picked up a 30cc one last summer from them, not sure if there are cheaper options or not.
Yeah I'll probably just order it from them... just gotta find where to put it in the queue of money to spend!
FireyFate is offline Find More Posts by FireyFate
Old Mar 01, 2012, 04:26 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer View Post
Took the 48 Edge out today, and I think the elevator servo might be about to go. Sometimes on up elevator, it will act like it's on "super-low" rate, on or off throttle. If I jam down elevator, then back up, it will travel normally. Anyone had this issue? I checked the hinge and seams between the stab and elevator, and there is no binding. The pack was also a fresh charge. I can't remember the servo's brand, but the label on the side of the servo is HTX900, with translucent blue case. Thanks for any help at all!
Wow... how has that servo been performing from you? It is a very cheap servo from hobbyking. I'm not surprised at all that it's failing.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...cro_Servo.html

You get what you pay for. Most of us are putting hitec hs65mg servos in that plane. They cost about $24 each.
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Mar 01, 2012, 04:30 PM
Just do it.
Stroudsburg, PA
Joined Nov 2009
670 Posts
any word on when the 71" gas slicks will be in?
FlyFisch is offline Find More Posts by FlyFisch
Old Mar 01, 2012, 04:31 PM
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyFisch View Post
any word on when the 71" gas slicks will be in?
ETA page says late March.
Old Mar 01, 2012, 04:33 PM
Just do it.
Stroudsburg, PA
Joined Nov 2009
670 Posts
Quote:
i read that, i was looking for something a lil more specific since its said that for a while now
FlyFisch is offline Find More Posts by FlyFisch
Old Mar 01, 2012, 04:35 PM
220lb of Canned Heat, baby
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Wow... how has that servo been performing from you? It is a very cheap servo from hobbyking. I'm not surprised at all that it's failing.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...cro_Servo.html

You get what you pay for. Most of us are putting hitec hs65mg servos in that plane. They cost about $24 each.
Until today, it did fine. I bought the plane with those servos in it, so I might swap it out for Hitec. Well, on second thought, I guess I might as well swap them all, before I end up having to buy a new wing or fuse......
I'm pretty new to the whole scene, so I didn't know if maybe there was an error on my part.

Thanks brat
quadracer is offline Find More Posts by quadracer
Old Mar 01, 2012, 04:37 PM
Joined Jan 2012
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer View Post
Until today, it did fine. I bought the plane with those servos in it, so I might swap it out for Hitec. Well, on second thought, I guess I might as well swap them all, before I end up having to buy a new wing or fuse......
I'm pretty new to the whole scene, so I didn't know if maybe there was an error on my part.

Thanks brat
Those servos are only $2.69 - good enough for a cheap plane that you can afford to lose.
keninvic is offline Find More Posts by keninvic
Old Mar 01, 2012, 04:39 PM
Team JetiUSA
Santa Clara, CA
Joined Nov 2008
985 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
Are these the wire keepers you guys are using? Do they work well?

http://www.shop.aztechaeromodels.com...?categoryId=-1
Yes, they work very well. Only place they aren't ideal is in a "high finger traffic" area like near batteries, I pull the wires out of the holder accidentally all the time, but easy to push them back.

Peter+
pvogel is offline Find More Posts by pvogel
Old Mar 01, 2012, 04:43 PM
Team JetiUSA
Santa Clara, CA
Joined Nov 2008
985 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harddrive8 View Post
+1 for the crimpers. I've never tried using regular crimps or pliers to crimp the PP, but the ones offered from powerwerx are wonderful. Three slots (15, 30, 45) and just squeeze until it "clicks" and you're done.
Anyone have a video of crimping the powerpoles with the supplied crimpers? I must be missing something -- my first attempt crimped beautifully but bent the connector *and* jammed in the crimper and was a royal pain to get out. My second attempt (on the assumption that I'd put the connector in the crimper upside down didn't crimp right. Fortunately I was just using practice wire.

Peter+
Old Mar 01, 2012, 04:44 PM
220lb of Canned Heat, baby
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keninvic View Post
Those servos are only $2.69 - good enough for a cheap plane that you can afford to lose.
Well, I plan on having my plane until my error destroys it. I don't want to wad it up due to mechanical error. $150 airframe, or $100 in servos (which will most likely survive to fly another plane, should I destroy this one..)
quadracer is offline Find More Posts by quadracer
Old Mar 01, 2012, 04:45 PM
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keninvic View Post
I can afford to lose a 48... but if my budget is tight I'd rather have a couple planes that fly spectacular instead of a bunch of planes with cheap parts that fly sorta ok.

Plus if you are hovering right in front of yourself you don't want to be wondering if your $3 servo will result in big ER bills.
Old Mar 01, 2012, 04:46 PM
Team JetiUSA
Santa Clara, CA
Joined Nov 2008
985 Posts
Quote:

I have one, I like it a lot. Hold off though because they just bought PlaneWrappers.com and so they'll soon be selling plane covers with edge-to-edge graphics capability with complex graphics.

Peter+