HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 06, 2012, 12:49 PM
USA, MI, Livonia
Joined Nov 2004
820 Posts
Guys, thanks for the feedback but again I am looking for people who have actually used these twisted hobbies servos and have had good/bad experience. I am willing to pay the extra money to buy the Hitec's but if there is an alternative with same results I am in...
hosam is offline Find More Posts by hosam
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2012, 12:52 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hosam View Post
Guys, thanks for the feedback but again I am looking for people who have actually used these twisted hobbies servos and have had good/bad experience. I am willing to pay the extra money to buy the Hitec's but if there is an alternative with same results I am in...
They recently started offering those so there probably isn't too many people who are using them yet, except a few who are using it in the new 48'' telink. So far those folks say they have been good but i have not used them myself and also have not heard of them being used on a balsa plane yet. The specs are exactly the same as hitecs so it makes you wonder.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Sep 06, 2012, 01:05 PM
USA, MI, Livonia
Joined Nov 2004
820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
They recently started offering those so there probably isn't too many people who are using them yet, except a few who are using it in the new 48'' telink. So far those folks say they have been good but i have not used them myself and also have not heard of them being used on a balsa plane yet. The specs are exactly the same as hitecs so it makes you wonder.
Thanks, I did a search on Google and all came back as foamy users and I want to use them on my 47 SHP and 48 buck & half but not really sure I want to take a chance on unknowns...
Old Sep 06, 2012, 04:39 PM
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TG43 View Post
A friend tried the ep buddy ones. He found they have a plastic pin (maybe it was one of the gears?). But that was the weak point. He had a couple strip out. He said it was a shame because they would be fine if it wasn't for the one plastic part in them.

I wonder if power hd has an equivalent to the 65mg. My 1711mg's have been real good. They're equvalent to 85mg's.
PowerHD 2216MG is a very good match to the 65MG.
Capt. Roll is online now Find More Posts by Capt. Roll
Old Sep 06, 2012, 05:09 PM
USA, MI, Livonia
Joined Nov 2004
820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TG43 View Post
My 1711mg's have been real good. They're equvalent to 85mg's.
What did you use the 1711mg's on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Roll View Post
PowerHD 2216MG is a very good match to the 65MG.
have you used the 2216MG's? any comments or concerns on their ability to handle a 48" balsa plane?
Old Sep 06, 2012, 05:36 PM
HIBDON FOR PRESIDENT !!
Modesto, CA
Joined Nov 2006
3,154 Posts
Help - They are out of the office.

How's this switch work ? Do you plug two battery's in it two have redundancy in case one fails. Are the ports next to the switches charging ports or are they to check lipo voltage.

http://www.fromeco.org/Products/04FRCWO-430s/
goflyhighrc is offline Find More Posts by goflyhighrc
Old Sep 06, 2012, 05:46 PM
MD1 HACK
USA, OH, Wadsworth
Joined Jan 2010
1,288 Posts
That switch is awesome! A little pain to mount but yes it is a dual battery and fully redundant.
joshet89 is offline Find More Posts by joshet89
Old Sep 06, 2012, 06:42 PM
USA, MI, Livonia
Joined Nov 2004
820 Posts
the ports can be used for either charging or checking voltage. for me, when I am done flying for the day I unplug my batteries from the switch as there is a very tiny draw that may bring a battery down in a few months...
Old Sep 06, 2012, 08:01 PM
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
524 Posts
Quote:
have you used the 2216MG's? any comments or concerns on their ability to handle a 48" balsa plane?
Had an EF 48" Edge with the 2216's on the rudder and elevator. Crashed it and then moved the 2216's to a 3DHS 40" Edge. Retired it about two months ago.

I purchased a 3DHS 48" Edge 540 and have the 2216 on the elevator. For all three planes I did not have any issues with the PowerHD servo. Now, I'm not a hard 3D flyer for a whole pack but I can do some basic hover, KE, KE spin, blender, snap/tumble, wall, elevator flying mixed in with some sport/IMAC type sequences.

I've been very pleased with the PowerHD servos I've used over the last year....it's really all I've flown, even on my 102" Yak. I can't give you a direct comparison against Hitec, JR, Savox, Futaba, etc. as I haven't used these products. The PowerHD have been working for me.

On my new Edge I went with Solar servos for the rudder and ailerons. I'm over 80 flights now, they have been very reliable and precise thus far.......not one glitch or issue.
Capt. Roll is online now Find More Posts by Capt. Roll
Old Sep 06, 2012, 08:05 PM
Stick banger
USA, AZ, Chandler
Joined Oct 2004
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goflyhighrc View Post
How's this switch work ? Do you plug two battery's in it two have redundancy in case one fails. Are the ports next to the switches charging ports or are they to check lipo voltage.

http://www.fromeco.org/Products/04FRCWO-430s/
That's what I use in my 87 SHP, it works well. It drains both lipos equally and gives you redundancy if either fails. I only use the ports for checking voltage since you can't balance through them.
Ace4 is offline Find More Posts by Ace4
Old Sep 06, 2012, 08:12 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,009 Posts
I just bought some spektrum a3040 servos. I will let you guys know how I like them soon.
zmonster97 is online now Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old Sep 06, 2012, 08:16 PM
HIBDON FOR PRESIDENT !!
Modesto, CA
Joined Nov 2006
3,154 Posts
Tail Wheel

The guide wire on my tail wheel has broken several times, thinking about upgrading to this, not sure if it would be worth it or not. What do you guys think.

http://www.whiteroseeng.com/products/tf.html
goflyhighrc is offline Find More Posts by goflyhighrc
Old Sep 06, 2012, 08:22 PM
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Mar 2011
707 Posts
White rose are amazing, besides they never break on you, so when you pile the plane in, save the tailwheel for the next one. J&J tail wheels are awesome also. My other brand big plane has a crappy tail wheel and the next cool hundred I have laying around is headed to White Rose.
nebwake is offline Find More Posts by nebwake
Old Sep 06, 2012, 08:44 PM
Glens Falls, NY
Joined Apr 2010
1,296 Posts
Quote:
What did you use the 1711mg's on?
Just a Stryker and ailerons of a 3dhs epp Yak.
TG43 is offline Find More Posts by TG43
Old Sep 06, 2012, 08:44 PM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2010
4,422 Posts
Quote:
two planes damaged in 2 days, both requiring motor box rebuild

I think I will take a break from flying
Oh no....the 104? 74?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goflyhighrc View Post
The guide wire on my tail wheel has broken several times, thinking about upgrading to this, not sure if it would be worth it or not. What do you guys think.

http://www.whiteroseeng.com/products/tf.html
LOTS of people like the white rose line of products....the only complaint I've ever heard about them is their price....but they do last, and look really nice. ALL the big boys over on FG use them on their big planes...

(stock 3dhs tailwheels for me....I've gotten adequate service from them....)...but change if you want to, Like stated above, it should last (The only signigicant wear would be the soft tire if you fly on asphalt regularly).
Bivens is offline Find More Posts by Bivens
RCG Plus Member