Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 01, 2012, 01:57 PM
Hooked on 3DHS
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Nov 2009
908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
Thanks guys, I am planning my first purchase of these connectors, so I think I'll go with the 45's.
Good choice. just if you didn't know the 30 and 45 use the same housing, just different terminals so you can get some 30A bare terminals for cheap and use them with the 45A sets if you have smaller wire to use occasionally. Also, i learned the hard way after months of crimping them with standard crimpers but the $40 TRIcrimp crimpers are worth hundreds of dollars in how easy they make using powerpoles. wish i hadn't have been such a cheapskate before and bought them to begin with. Block-loks are also great cheap insurance too for while your in the air and easy to use.

Sorry for the long post. just trying to help you not make mistakes i made.
lammbn is offline Find More Posts by lammbn
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2012, 02:01 PM
Nothin Ventured, Nothin Gained
United States, NC, Hickory
Joined Jul 2011
400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammbn View Post
Good choice. just if you didn't know the 30 and 45 use the same housing, just different terminals so you can get some 30A bare terminals for cheap and use them with the 45A sets if you have smaller wire to use occasionally. Also, i learned the hard way after months of crimping them with standard crimpers but the $40 TRIcrimp crimpers are worth hundreds of dollars in how easy they make using powerpoles. wish i hadn't have been such a cheapskate before and bought them to begin with. Block-loks are also great cheap insurance too for while your in the air and easy to use.

Sorry for the long post. just trying to help you not make mistakes i made.
+1 for the crimpers. I've never tried using regular crimps or pliers to crimp the PP, but the ones offered from powerwerx are wonderful. Three slots (15, 30, 45) and just squeeze until it "clicks" and you're done.
harddrive8 is online now Find More Posts by harddrive8
Old Mar 01, 2012, 02:03 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,808 Posts
Quote:
Thanks guys, I am planning my first purchase of these connectors, so I think I'll go with the 45's.
You can buy these, to cover smaller planes (same housing)...

http://www.powerwerx.com/anderson-po...pole-sets.html

Then buy these contact pins separate. I use both 30's and 45's as needed. but definitely on like ICE 100's and 30C + Batts the 45's fit over the wire better.

http://www.powerwerx.com/anderson-po...-contacts.html

Don't forget a set of Crimps!

http://www.powerwerx.com/crimping-to...-contacts.html
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Mar 01, 2012, 02:07 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
You can buy these, to cover smaller planes (same housing)...

http://www.powerwerx.com/anderson-po...pole-sets.html

Then buy these contact pins separate. I use both 30's and 45's as needed. but definitely on like ICE 100's and 30C + Batts the 45's fit over the wire better.

http://www.powerwerx.com/anderson-po...-contacts.html

Don't forget a set of Crimps!

http://www.powerwerx.com/crimping-to...-contacts.html
LOL - that's almost exactly what I have in my shopping cart on the powerwerx site! except I was just going to get one set of the 30's and one set of the 45's. and definitely the crimper.
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Old Mar 01, 2012, 02:13 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,808 Posts
Quote:
LOL - that's almost exactly what I have in my shopping cart on the powerwerx site! except I was just going to get one set of the 30's and one set of the 45's. and definitely the crimper.
You know what they say about Great Minds.......
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Mar 01, 2012, 02:30 PM
Hooked on 3DHS
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Nov 2009
908 Posts
I also highly suggest getting a few of these. Never flown without them. Gives me the warm fuzzies

http://www.powerwerx.com/powerpole-a...mp-2-sets.html
lammbn is offline Find More Posts by lammbn
Old Mar 01, 2012, 02:34 PM
OCRCC @ MCAS El Toro
United States, CA, Irvine
Joined May 2008
405 Posts
Quote:
Also get the insertion tool. Sometimes they are a little hard to push in with smaller gauge wire.

http://www.powerwerx.com/crimping-to...oval-tool.html
SamBones is offline Find More Posts by SamBones
Old Mar 01, 2012, 02:41 PM
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,658 Posts
So is B&E graphics the place to buy a sun shade cover for an 87" Extra?

$69 doesn't seem terrible... but I was sort of hoping it would cost a little bit less than that.
FireyFate is offline Find More Posts by FireyFate
Old Mar 01, 2012, 02:56 PM
Stick banger
USA, AZ, Chandler
Joined Oct 2004
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireyFate View Post
So is B&E graphics the place to buy a sun shade cover for an 87" Extra?

$69 doesn't seem terrible... but I was sort of hoping it would cost a little bit less than that.
Walmart has beach towels for like $5. I hear you tho, I'll probably order one of those shade covers before it gets 110F here.
Ace4 is offline Find More Posts by Ace4
Old Mar 01, 2012, 02:58 PM
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace4 View Post
Walmart has beach towels for like $5. I hear you tho, I'll probably order one of those shade covers before it gets 110F here.
I think a queen fitted bed sheet might work too. Thought I'd rather pay $64 more to avoid going in to a Walmart.

But yeah, we'll be using it every weekend all summer, so the convenience of a purpose built design is worth it to me!
FireyFate is offline Find More Posts by FireyFate
Old Mar 01, 2012, 03:00 PM
Nothin Ventured, Nothin Gained
United States, NC, Hickory
Joined Jul 2011
400 Posts
For $64, I'll go into Walmart, buy your choice of beach towels and ship it to you at no extra charge

On a more serious note, those covers do look nice.
harddrive8 is online now Find More Posts by harddrive8
Old Mar 01, 2012, 03:56 PM
220lb of Canned Heat, baby
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,484 Posts
Took the 48 Edge out today, and I think the elevator servo might be about to go. Sometimes on up elevator, it will act like it's on "super-low" rate, on or off throttle. If I jam down elevator, then back up, it will travel normally. Anyone had this issue? I checked the hinge and seams between the stab and elevator, and there is no binding. The pack was also a fresh charge. I can't remember the servo's brand, but the label on the side of the servo is HTX900, with translucent blue case. Thanks for any help at all!
quadracer is offline Find More Posts by quadracer
Old Mar 01, 2012, 03:59 PM
Joined Jan 2012
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksextra View Post
I can't speak for Losi, but people sucessfully use 45 amp powerpoles on 12S sytems. Your little 51 won't be using anywhere near the juice that a 12S system uses. IF you're planning on ordering some either way, then by all means get the 45amps ones; especially since there is little difference, and no notable difference in size.
You're "little" 51..... bloody hell - I was thinking the 51 I just ordered is a big plane! lol, you guys crack me up.
keninvic is offline Find More Posts by keninvic
Old Mar 01, 2012, 04:01 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,925 Posts
the cross section thickness is higher on the 45 which would give it more room to send the current. The only limitation is the 45 can only crimp down to 14ga based on what powerwerx publishes on their drawing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksextra View Post
I think 30 would be fine. There is a slight difference between the two but the majority of the difference is that the 45 has an open place to put your wire where the 30 is closed and you have to slide your wire into it.
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
Old Mar 01, 2012, 04:02 PM
Joined Jan 2012
43 Posts
--- hmmm, how do I delete this msg?
keninvic is offline Find More Posts by keninvic
Last edited by keninvic; Mar 01, 2012 at 04:10 PM.