HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:41 AM
ONEHANDRC
gallfer's Avatar
United States, WI, Genoa City
Joined Dec 2007
626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285 View Post
This will help
Nah! She's too young. Nice looking plane tho
gallfer is online now Find More Posts by gallfer
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:46 AM
Registered User
FireyFate's Avatar
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzoman5 View Post
150 bucks for an extra wing?
Being that it runs the same setup as the 51 Slick, it is 60 bucks for an extra wing.

It will no doubt be worth every penny too.
FireyFate is offline Find More Posts by FireyFate
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2012, 11:16 AM
customstandoffs
cmala's Avatar
USA, AL, Madison
Joined Dec 2007
8,547 Posts
Yep, that's all they did. Took an existing plane and added an extra wing to it.
cmala is offline Find More Posts by cmala
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2012, 11:22 AM
Registered User
FireyFate's Avatar
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmala View Post
Yep, that's all they did. Took an existing plane and added an extra wing to it.
Maybe he was comparing it to other 42" planes like the 42 Slick

Of course that is dead wrong, since they are totally different size classes.
FireyFate is offline Find More Posts by FireyFate
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2012, 11:29 AM
customstandoffs
cmala's Avatar
USA, AL, Madison
Joined Dec 2007
8,547 Posts
This plane has been in development for quite some time and took a lot of work to get right.

Compare it to any other biplane this size. Is there a video describing the wing attachment process?
cmala is offline Find More Posts by cmala
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2012, 11:29 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
theKM's Avatar
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzoman5 View Post
150 bucks for an extra wing?
it's actually $60 for the top wing set... it's the size of a 51" Slick. It only has a 42" wingspan as it's a bipe, but it's a lot more airplane, there's no doubt about that.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2012, 11:32 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
theKM's Avatar
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmala View Post
This plane has been in development for quite some time and took a lot of work to get right.

Compare it to any other biplane this size. Is there a video describing the wing attachment process?
it's the same as a monoplane, except that you're doing two wings at the same time. you could go to the hassle of removing the interplane struts for transport, but it's super easy to keep them as top and bottom pair, slide them back onto the wingtubes and off you go. I was worried about transport myself, but it's super easy...
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2012, 11:35 AM
3D Sunset Flier
Buzzed's Avatar
PHX
Joined Jun 2008
4,045 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireyFate View Post
Being that it runs the same setup as the 51 Slick, it is 60 bucks for an extra wing.

It will no doubt be worth every penny too.
You gettin' one??

Buzzed is offline Find More Posts by Buzzed
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2012, 11:43 AM
Registered User
FireyFate's Avatar
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzed View Post
You gettin' one??

Maaaaaaan I'd like to... but my trusty 51 is going strong and I don't want to buy duplicate gear setups, at least in this size range.

I WOULD like to have another 7x" plane by next year. The Velox is all I want to fly these days, but I would be more ballsy if I had a backup plane.


Of course you should buy one... four new planes in the last 1.5 months just isn't enough for ya!
FireyFate is offline Find More Posts by FireyFate
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2012, 12:07 PM
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
it's the same as a monoplane, except that you're doing two wings at the same time. you could go to the hassle of removing the interplane struts for transport, but it's super easy to keep them as top and bottom pair, slide them back onto the wingtubes and off you go. I was worried about transport myself, but it's super easy...
That's a nice setup for transporting. But it's only 42" wingspan right? I leave the wings on my 57" Extra when I transport it so this shouldn't be an issue.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2012, 12:12 PM
3D Sunset Flier
Buzzed's Avatar
PHX
Joined Jun 2008
4,045 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireyFate View Post
Maaaaaaan I'd like to... but my trusty 51 is going strong and I don't want to buy duplicate gear setups, at least in this size range.

I WOULD like to have another 7x" plane by next year. The Velox is all I want to fly these days, but I would be more ballsy if I had a backup plane.


Of course you should buy one... four new planes in the last 1.5 months just isn't enough for ya!
Ok, you get one of these and I'll get the bipe. Deal???



http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/s...54&postcount=2
Buzzed is offline Find More Posts by Buzzed
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2012, 12:28 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
theKM's Avatar
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
That's a nice setup for transporting. But it's only 42" wingspan right? I leave the wings on my 57" Extra when I transport it so this shouldn't be an issue.
many people will be able to transport the plane assembled... it fits in my mazda3 without taking the wings off no problem
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2012, 12:33 PM
Registered User
FireyFate's Avatar
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
many people will be able to transport the plane assembled... it fits in my mazda3 without taking the wings off no problem
Yeah even with my super-fly Kia Sorento, the 51 is the biggest plane I can get in without removing a wing. This 42 would be sweet for those with smaller cars but want something that flies bigger.

I just hope if/when I wreck my 51 the Byper is in stock. I guess I should just buy one and stick it in the closet right?
FireyFate is offline Find More Posts by FireyFate
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2012, 12:37 PM
Registered User
jsmith285's Avatar
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,725 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireyFate View Post
Yeah even with my super-fly Kia Sorento, the 51 is the biggest plane I can get in without removing a wing. This 42 would be sweet for those with smaller cars but want something that flies bigger.

I just hope if/when I wreck my 51 the Byper is in stock. I guess I should just buy one and stick it in the closet right?
A Closet Biper, Cool
jsmith285 is online now Find More Posts by jsmith285
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2012, 12:40 PM
Registered User
FireyFate's Avatar
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285 View Post
A Closet Biper, Cool
LOL thanks for that. I'll have to find a different place to store it now...


Nahhhh I've got to resist this one for now. Some day, some day.
FireyFate is offline Find More Posts by FireyFate
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Unofficial NQD Tear Into Jet Boat Mod Thread Energy Racing Boats - Electric 12130 Today 01:24 PM
Discussion Banana Hobby Customer Support Request/Q and A Thread! banana hobby Banana Hobby 1115 Aug 15, 2014 01:15 PM
Discussion The Official AirWare Q&A Thread AndyKunz Radios 95 Feb 14, 2013 08:36 AM
Discussion THE FIRST UNOFFICIAL Parkzone Sukhoi mods thread!!!! bluemeane Micro Ready-to-Fly 27 Aug 17, 2009 11:23 PM
Megatech H2O unofficial thread and first rewiew. grk65 Racing Boats - Electric 7 Mar 05, 2007 12:09 AM