SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 20, 2012, 01:19 AM
Team Hillbilly
United States, MD, Dundalk
Joined Feb 2009
3,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bivens View Post
Glen...I really wish you'd have gotten pics like that of my one-trick attempts.....
So do I. Sorry about the plane Bivens. I guess you were really going for the gusto!
tominator06 is offline Find More Posts by tominator06
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 20, 2012, 01:45 AM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2010
4,510 Posts
I knew it had to be spectacular....those other guys had some REALLY nice tricks. At least that 104 died proud. It was one of the first customer-purchased 104s from the first shipment...I had been on the pre-order list when they first came out...I had a lot of fun and learned a lot with that plane...and it gave a LOT of pony rides.....[tear]...but it was fun. That thing was seriously smoke-oiled and had seen a lot of flights and plenty of hangar rash.....it wasn't exactly shiny and new anymore, that's for sure, but hopefully it will be resurrected and make someone else a great plane once again.
Bivens is offline Find More Posts by Bivens
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 20, 2012, 02:26 AM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
So will you get another 104, or a 103?
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Old Aug 20, 2012, 08:29 AM
USA, NJ, West Paterson
Joined Feb 2008
1,265 Posts
I had a blast at the huckfest. It was nice meeting everyone , I just wanted to say thanks to everyone (3dhs, fg's , and the local club) for a good time. I tried to fly in the k50 but my plane disagreed with me. Ive never seen this happen to anyone, first problem , I fueled up the gas and smoke and let the plane sit for 45 mins till it was my turn. Went to flip it and it was like it was hydro locked I couldn't get it past compression stroke it was like hitting a wall. Finally cleared it out and got it running after several stalls. Was ready to go signaled music , took off made a left turn ( second problem) did one roll to inverted gave alittle down elevator and noticed something weird I couldn't maintain level flight it kept on going up and down on its own so now I'm over some tall trees and fighting the plane when I use elevator it's rolling alittle so on and so forth , so manage to clear trees and head back to towards me and decided its to unreliable to try and land it on the run way and I try to put it down in the field the best I could. Plopped down on a plowed field it flipped over, Not bad ,damage , broken prop small crackes in cowl and cracks in the canopy. Problem , right elevator was flapping in the breeze nothing loose just servo died I trouble Shooted it and servo wouldn't power up. Only 8-10 flights max on the brand new set of 7955's I put in the plane. Oh well it could have been alot worse.
Other then that it was an awesome time
jamesrini is offline Find More Posts by jamesrini
Old Aug 20, 2012, 08:54 AM
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesrini View Post
I had a blast at the huckfest. It was nice meeting everyone , I just wanted to say thanks to everyone (3dhs, fg's , and the local club) for a good time. I tried to fly in the k50 but my plane disagreed with me. Ive never seen this happen to anyone, first problem , I fueled up the gas and smoke and let the plane sit for 45 mins till it was my turn. Went to flip it and it was like it was hydro locked I couldn't get it past compression stroke it was like hitting a wall. Finally cleared it out and got it running after several stalls. Was ready to go signaled music , took off made a left turn ( second problem) did one roll to inverted gave alittle down elevator and noticed something weird I couldn't maintain level flight it kept on going up and down on its own so now I'm over some tall trees and fighting the plane when I use elevator it's rolling alittle so on and so forth , so manage to clear trees and head back to towards me and decided its to unreliable to try and land it on the run way and I try to put it down in the field the best I could. Plopped down on a plowed field it flipped over, Not bad ,damage , broken prop small crackes in cowl and cracks in the canopy. Problem , right elevator was flapping in the breeze nothing loose just servo died I trouble Shooted it and servo wouldn't power up. Only 8-10 flights max on the brand new set of 7955's I put in the plane. Oh well it could have been alot worse.
Other then that it was an awesome time
Sorry about your crash.
Glad it wasn't to bad.
jsmith285 is offline Find More Posts by jsmith285
Old Aug 20, 2012, 09:04 AM
USA, NJ, West Paterson
Joined Feb 2008
1,265 Posts
And thanks to you for helping me getting it started, my stress level was going threw the roof.lol I thought the magical family that happened to walk out of nowhere on to the runway at the end of the field was a good sign, it gave me some needed time get cool down. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285 View Post
Sorry about your crash.
Glad it wasn't to bad.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 09:36 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,184 Posts
what engine?
aronph is offline Find More Posts by aronph
Old Aug 20, 2012, 09:48 AM
USA, NJ, West Paterson
Joined Feb 2008
1,265 Posts
It's a dle 55 with a bowman ring I changed the ring before put the motor on the airframe. It's been the easiest motor ever to start before this and it's fine now.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 01:34 PM
On loan to Texas
United States, TX, Benbrook
Joined Oct 2005
5,327 Posts
Well Steve T. made it on the Poll for Plus User of the Month for September. Voting ends August 30 th so if you are a Plus Member and feel Steve T. has done a great job helping others (duh no brainer) go here and vote.
Ohio AV8TOR is offline Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
Old Aug 20, 2012, 01:38 PM
On loan to Texas
United States, TX, Benbrook
Joined Oct 2005
5,327 Posts
If you frequent Flying Giants you may also want to vote your support for 3DHS best 50cc class plane here. Fly The Best right?
Ohio AV8TOR is offline Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
Old Aug 20, 2012, 03:20 PM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,673 Posts
Vote Submitted!
Go 3DHS!
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Aug 20, 2012, 05:03 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,696 Posts
Thanks guys....I really do appreciate all of you guys friendship and support!!! And so far, I have over 78% of the vote!!!

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Aug 20, 2012, 05:14 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Thanks guys....I really do appreciate all of you guys friendship and support!!! And so far, I have over 78% of the vote!!!

SteveT
SteveT. for vice president.....(sorry Steve, I still like Gyro for President)
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Aug 20, 2012, 05:56 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,184 Posts
stevo for the secretary of the state.....gyro for vice president....TED NUGENT for president
aronph is offline Find More Posts by aronph
Old Aug 20, 2012, 06:08 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
SteveT. for vice president.....(sorry Steve, I still like Gyro for President)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aronph View Post
stevo for the secretary of the state.....gyro for vice president....TED NUGENT for president
Hotay.....whichever....

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...