Jul 24, 2012, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer
I am going to make a poll in the radios thread if anyone has NOT had a problem with Hitecs, and then we will look into WHY EVERYONE KEEPS USING THEM!!!
Going on 2 full seasons and haven't had one single problem. (and I fly a good amount)
Latest blog entry: Czech Mate Motor/Cowl
to remove ads between posts
Jul 24, 2012, 07:59 AM
I have had no problems with any of my hitecs unless it was my fault. I run 65MG's on little stuff, I have a set of 5245's om my 59" slick, I run 7954's on my 50cc and on the ailerons of my 40%er. Most of the people I fly with run Hitecs also with no problems. Hitec also has fantastic customer service and the price is right. I will say however that my JR 8711's are awesome and the well known Horizon Hobby customer service is first class as well though.
Jul 24, 2012, 08:05 AM
3DHS 'native'
Aronph, what servo's did you switch to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aronph
I had that happen on my 65mg's that were on my 41....I would break them free by hand and they would start working again and the ones I had fail and actually cause a crash were ones that never locked up or showed signs of failure...I had goofy issues with the 45HB's AND the 65 MG's...not really a servo(s) I ever want to deal with again...
Jul 24, 2012, 09:07 AM
OOPS
Gotta say,my 2 sets of 985s are bad tough lol...LOVE them. My rudder servos should have stripped a hundred times over.. I have had maybe 2 65mg bad out of the box,Hitec handled it quick,i have stripped a few hb's My fault as mgs were recommended for the plane..And an elevator servo or two kicked the bucket after I tried to dig a sprinkler line with the elevator..
I think with any servo,you can get a bad one out of the bunch..If you are losing a lot tho,maybe it is time to recheck setups,right servo for the application,and if you are drinking enough and proper brand of rum during assembly.
Jul 24, 2012, 09:25 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Forget the rum, but I will partake in the JAR!
Jul 24, 2012, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyflyer
A friend of mine has been trying for the last 3 or 4 days to contact them via phone and email and no response on either. Does Ben Fisher still own the company? I've been away from 3dhs for the last couple of years but then when I had a question or issue Ben was just a phone call away. Seems like things have changed in a not so good way.
Some people are having better success reaching Noll via PM on RCG...just send a PM to Horton and he usually responds in a reasonable time frame. As the popularity of 3DHS airframes rises, so does the call rate at their shop, it appears.
Jul 24, 2012, 10:03 AM
Team Twisted!
I understand these dudes at 3dhs are busy or whatever BUT if you call your LHS or pretty much any business out there, even if they are busy, you want them to at least answer the phone and put you on hold until they can get to you. The same should go for 3dhs. You shouldn't have to call every 10 minutes until someone answers and while PMs are great what is going to happen when guys who are not on RCG have a problem? The good thing is if you do manage to get through they take care of your problems for sure and there planes are too good to be without.
Jul 24, 2012, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er
I understand these dudes at 3dhs are busy or whatever BUT if you call your LHS or pretty much any business out there, even if they are busy, you want them to at least answer the phone and put you on hold until they can get to you. The same should go for 3dhs. You shouldn't have to call every 10 minutes until someone answers and while PMs are great what is going to happen when guys who are not on RCG have a problem? The good thing is if you do manage to get through they take care of your problems for sure.
understood...everyone must decide for themselves what they are willing to endure with respect to customer service and act accordingly.

in this case, I'm ever so grateful to the folks on these forums that answer my questions that I would otherwise have to go through the 3DHS phone lines to get answers for.
Jul 24, 2012, 10:11 AM
Team Twisted!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974
understood...everyone must decide for themselves what they are willing to endure with respect to customer service and act accordingly.

in this case, I'm ever so grateful to the folks on these forums that answer my questions that I would otherwise have to go through the 3DHS phone lines to get answers for.
I mean hey, with people like we have here on the forums, most problems are solved before 3DHS ever needs to be contacted. Sooo many helpful people here. I had a guy send me a motorbox, no charge. Another dude sent me covering because i only needed a little bit and didn't want to buy a whole roll, he sent extra too And not to mention the endless advice on setups, planes, and even things that have nothing to do with rc(frequently off topic). To me at least, the best part of 3dhs(besides the SICK airframes), is the community of folks that are so willing to help each other out.

YOU GUYS ARE GREAT
Jul 24, 2012, 10:33 AM
Fly low or fly home.
Quote:
A friend of mine has been trying for the last 3 or 4 days to contact them via phone and email and no response on either. Does Ben Fisher still own the company? I've been away from 3dhs for the last couple of years but then when I had a question or issue Ben was just a phone call away. Seems like things have changed in a not so good way.
No, hobby king bought them out.

I am joking of course, as far as we know Ben still is the owner.
Last edited by skarface; Jul 24, 2012 at 10:48 AM.
Jul 24, 2012, 10:46 AM
Fly low or fly home.
Quote:
I am going to make a poll in the radios thread if anyone has NOT had a problem with Hitecs, and then we will look into WHY EVERYONE KEEPS USING THEM!!!
No need to make a poll, we have told you why we keep using them a couple of time already because for some reason you think futaba is the best company there is and hitec sucks, well a futaba servo crash one of the fanatics 3000$ plane so there is no better and worse between hitec and futaba. We all have our opinions, I have nothing against futaba nor hitec, I have had hitec 65mg's fail on me but I would blame that on binding because I know my linkage setups are not like joes. Joe even said he has had several 65mg's fail on him, but now he can't seem to break one and he even has 6.5volts into them, company says 6volt max. So he has not he can't break a 65 mg anymore because his lankage setup has no binding at all. Also when I had two 65mg servo's fail guess what I did, I sent them right in for 5$ shipping and that's it, they sent me two brand new servo's back with in a week. So this is why people keep buying hitec's, because they are good, so are futaba, both company's have some down sides and good sides, so there is no better servo company when comparing futaba and hitec.

Also it is an electronically device or what ever you want to call it, someo of them are going to fail, you act like you never had to replace a light bulb in your house, also just like my genesis kit it failed as soon as I plugged it in but you know what I didn't go telling everybody to stop buying them and they suck, I told the company what happened, I sent mine back and they sent me a new set right away, the new set worked, I have not heard anybody having the same problem as I did, I just got lucky and got a bad light kit.

Btw most hitec's fail because most people don't have a bind free linkage setup.
Last edited by skarface; Jul 24, 2012 at 10:56 AM.
Jul 24, 2012, 11:02 AM
Fly low or fly home.
Oh and also just use what you like and trust and don't complain about other company's and put other company's down, that's the main point. But if you do by a new brand of servo and it gets sloppy really quick there is no problem to lets us know your results and let other people know about it, it's just this is about the 5th time you have been dogging on hitec servo's.
Jul 24, 2012, 11:06 AM
No no I'm not saying Futabas are better....just doesn't make sense to me to buy them at such a high risk. Literally everyday...every single day on one thread or another I hear of a plane totalled becase of a Hitec. Like this one guy replaced his 225 for a 5045 for no blowback or somthing like that, 4th battery it plowed straight into the ground! I don't even know how Futabas compare. So I'm not saying Futabas are better at all...just confused why people buy them when its almost signing a death sentence to one of you planes.
So, bottom line-it just confuses me.

And sorry...I'll just keep my mouth shut from now on-like you said everyone has their own opinions.
Last edited by Alex Schauer; Jul 24, 2012 at 11:11 AM.
Jul 24, 2012, 11:07 AM
Quote:
If you have a problem with a Big Mac do you call Don Thompson?

Kidding....many mentioned ways that work for me for contact. I like to go to the flyins to ask questions.
Jul 24, 2012, 11:15 AM
Quote:
No no I'm not saying Futabas are better....just doesn't make sense to me to buy them at such a high risk. Literally everyday...every single day on one thread or another I hear of a plane totalled becase of a Hitec. Like this one guy replaced his 225 for a 5045 for no blowback or somthing like that, 4th battery it plowed straight into the ground! I don't even know how Futabas compare. So I'm not saying Futabas are better at all...just confused why people buy them when its almost signing a death sentence to one of you planes.
So, bottom line-it just confuses me.
just confused why people buy them when its almost signing a death sentence to one of you planes.

This is a gross exaggeration. You need to do the math and figure out how many planes are equipped with Hitec servos, then how many fail, then determine the failure rate. Same goes for Futaba, and all other servo vendors.

All vendors have failures...we've already told you endlessly why many of us put Hitec servos in our planes: CUSTOMER SERVICE and STANDING BY THEIR PRODUCT. Can other companies say the same thing? Some can, some can't. Many of us have learned the hard way on this point.

Ultimately you have to decide which servos you trust in your plane; we are just telling you our opinions and experiences.

Quick Reply