HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jul 23, 2012, 03:30 PM
Perfect 3pt inverted landing!
teookie's Avatar
USA, AL, Huntsville
Joined Oct 2008
3,089 Posts
-sigh- Once upon a time I too had a sweet 100cc plane with an innovative and cool power distribution system. Most expensive 10 minutes of my life. Darn servo failure.
teookie is offline Find More Posts by teookie
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 23, 2012, 04:01 PM
3d NOOBular
3DNater's Avatar
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,858 Posts
It was a nice flying plane too... sorry for your loss on that... The pain just stays with you doesn't it?
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2012, 04:07 PM
On loan to Texas
Ohio AV8TOR's Avatar
United States, TX, Benbrook
Joined Oct 2005
5,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teookie View Post
-sigh- Once upon a time I too had a sweet 100cc plane with an innovative and cool power distribution system. Most expensive 10 minutes of my life. Darn servo failure.
Ohh sorry to hear and a nightmare scenario I fear too. If I can ask to learn from what happened to the servo, was there any early signes overlooked? Was the servo strong enough or over worked? What brand servo?
Ohio AV8TOR is offline Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2012, 04:18 PM
Registered User
robj's Avatar
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285 View Post
So-- can we call you a sponsor?
Hey I supplied the blue tape that held the windshield in place while glueing Joe's Big Foot.

Just a picture will do fine.
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2012, 04:19 PM
Registered User
jsmith285's Avatar
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj View Post
Hey I supplied the blue tape that held the windshield in place while glueing Joe's Big Foot.

Just a picture will do fine.
Let it be written let it be done
jsmith285 is online now Find More Posts by jsmith285
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2012, 04:22 PM
Perfect 3pt inverted landing!
teookie's Avatar
USA, AL, Huntsville
Joined Oct 2008
3,089 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio AV8TOR View Post
Ohh sorry to hear and a nightmare scenario I fear too. If I can ask to learn from what happened to the servo, was there any early signes overlooked? Was the servo strong enough or over worked? What brand servo?
there were no warning signs. you can read all about it on my blog. its the only thing on there.
teookie is offline Find More Posts by teookie
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2012, 04:58 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285 View Post
Let it be written let it be done
Yul Brenner....Playing Ramses ll in Cecil B. Demille's "The Ten Commandments"...


SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2012, 05:00 PM
3d NOOBular
3DNater's Avatar
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285 View Post
So Let it be written... So let it be done
Fixed it for you
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2012, 05:04 PM
Registered User
starzen's Avatar
USA, FL, Stuart
Joined Jul 2009
2,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teookie View Post
there were no warning signs. you can read all about it on my blog. its the only thing on there.
i got close to loosing my new 103 in a similar way yesterday. One side of my pull pull came off and the rudder somehow got stuck in full deflection as well. waas a bear to get down in one piece.

People at the field said until i told them i was in trouble they were thinking it was just one of my 'crazy' routines ...
starzen is offline Find More Posts by starzen
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2012, 05:07 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,063 Posts
You fly crazy routines also??? I do to....sometimes when I'm not even trying to.....

I had a guy ask me what one of the maneuvers I was doing was called....I said...I don't know....he then said...."well, you're doing it really well!!"

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2012, 05:20 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
3Dplank's Avatar
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2010
4,389 Posts
You ever have a servo lock up then it is fine? My hs-65mg was locked up then I moved it by hand and it started working again. I took it apart and everything looks fine
3Dplank is online now Find More Posts by 3Dplank
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2012, 05:25 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,063 Posts
No, but if I did, I wouldn't trust it...you might want to replace the gears, just for giggles...

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2012, 05:27 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
3Dplank's Avatar
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2010
4,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
No, but if I did, I wouldn't trust it...you might want to replace the gears, just for giggles...

SteveT
I been running it on a servo tester and it's working. The gears are good took it apart
3Dplank is online now Find More Posts by 3Dplank
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2012, 05:36 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dplank View Post
I been running it on a servo tester and it's working. The gears are good took it apart
Hotay...

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2012, 05:41 PM
Registered User
starzen's Avatar
USA, FL, Stuart
Joined Jul 2009
2,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
You fly crazy routines also??? I do to....sometimes when I'm not even trying to.....

I had a guy ask me what one of the maneuvers I was doing was called....I said...I don't know....he then said...."well, you're doing it really well!!"

SteveT
"crazy routines also" ? nothing but ...

most of my flying comes from messing up on the sticks
starzen is offline Find More Posts by starzen
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Unofficial NQD Tear Into Jet Boat Mod Thread Energy Racing Boats - Electric 11574 Today 10:42 AM
Discussion Banana Hobby Customer Support Request/Q and A Thread! banana hobby Banana Hobby 1108 Jul 07, 2014 12:37 AM
Discussion The Official AirWare Q&A Thread AndyKunz Radios 95 Feb 14, 2013 08:36 AM
Discussion THE FIRST UNOFFICIAL Parkzone Sukhoi mods thread!!!! bluemeane Micro Ready-to-Fly 27 Aug 17, 2009 11:23 PM
Megatech H2O unofficial thread and first rewiew. grk65 Racing Boats - Electric 7 Mar 05, 2007 12:09 AM