San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
28,050 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
that is where I am at with the 54
To each his/her own....

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 22, 2012, 09:40 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,200 Posts
I just drilled a prop and noticed that the big washer the bolts pass through isn't perfectly centered. How big of a deal is this? I know if it is off balance a lot it will cause a lot of vibration. I'd say the difference is about 1mm.
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Jul 22, 2012, 09:49 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,319 Posts
Anyone know how i can find IMAC competitions in my area or at least in California(link to website would be nice)?

Also is it usually only larger planes? I don't have anything bigger than 60'' but i wouldn't mind a good excuse to go bigger
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Jul 22, 2012, 09:55 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
Anyone know how i can find IMAC competitions in my area or at least in California(link to website would be nice)?

Also is it usually only larger planes? I don't have anything bigger than 60'' but i wouldn't mind a good excuse to go bigger
Just go to regions and click on your region.

http://mini-iac.com/

And yes it is usually bigger planes.
zmonster97 is online now Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old Jul 22, 2012, 10:10 PM
United States, NC, Greensboro
Joined Dec 2006
406 Posts
Quote:
You ran a house ac vent to the garage!!! VERY against code by the way

actually an air supply vent (or two) is not against code in a garage..... having a return air duct in there is definitely against code.
racerman27410 is offline Find More Posts by racerman27410
Old Jul 22, 2012, 10:13 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post

Basic class north east 2nd place winner was a 90 sized nitro plane last year. Size is not as big an issue as it being a model of a actual full scale aircraft.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Jul 22, 2012, 10:15 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,319 Posts
Well then i think i'll get myself a 72'' Extra next. I wish i had the cash now so i could get 12% off. Oh well.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Jul 22, 2012, 11:00 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,929 Posts
Is that national?

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerman27410 View Post
actually an air supply vent (or two) is not against code in a garage..... having a return air duct in there is definitely against code.
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
Old Jul 22, 2012, 11:13 PM
USA, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Nov 2010
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Basic class north east 2nd place winner was a 90 sized nitro plane last year. Size is not as big an issue as it being a model of a actual full scale aircraft.
And for Basic any aircraft can be used. It does not have to be a model of anything.
cedarville is offline Find More Posts by cedarville
Old Jul 22, 2012, 11:19 PM
Landing, HEY, I got it!!!!!
U.S.A. Celina, TX
Joined Oct 2010
838 Posts
Quote:
Is that national?
I get the return air issue....car exhaust etc back into the house. I've seen lots of attached garages with vents in them. Was I dreaming????

Jeff
jcfab is offline Find More Posts by jcfab
Old Jul 22, 2012, 11:24 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,929 Posts
My understanding based on recent training and international building code is any penetration (vent or other) into a garage as being against code. The vent could allow fumes from the garage to travel into the living space. Also if you had gas fumes from a leaky gas tank or other gas leak/chemical leak then these fumes can get back to the heater and cause an explosion or fume entry into the living space. I believe this would fall under home owner construction and I cant imagine a hvac contractor willingly installing a vent from the living space ac into a garage. Opening an entry door into a house can cause a vacuum to draw the fumes into the house vent regardless of a return vent or not. YMMV. The vent would also comprise a break in the fire barrier. not good.

This should be about airplanes .... just sayin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcfab View Post
I get the return air issue....car exhaust etc back into the house. I've seen lots of attached garages with vents in them. Was I dreaming????

Jeff
Last edited by going4speed; Jul 23, 2012 at 12:06 AM.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 12:08 AM
Just go with the flow
Modesto, CA
Joined Nov 2006
3,234 Posts
Quote:
My understanding based on recent training and international building code is any penetration (vent or other) into a garage as being against code. The vent could allow fumes from the garage to travel into the living space. Also if you had gas fumes from a leaky gas tank or other gas leak/chemical leak then these fumes can get back to the heater and cause an explosion or fume entry into the living space. I believe this would fall under home owner construction and I cant imagine a hvac contractor willingly installing a vent from the living space ac into a garage. Opening an entry door into a house can cause a vacuum to draw the fumes into the house vent regardless of a return vent or not. YMMV. The vent would also comprise a break in the fire barrier. not good.

This should be about airplanes .... just sayin'

Is about airplanes ! He's trying to cool off his garage to work on them In the heat of summer I try to bring them in the house as much as possible., 76 commared to 104, much better for repair and maintenance.
goflyhighrc is offline Find More Posts by goflyhighrc
Old Jul 23, 2012, 12:11 AM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,929 Posts
Touche!

All my planes live inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by goflyhighrc View Post
Is about airplanes ! He's trying to cool off his garage to work on them In the heat of summer I try to bring them in the house as much as possible., 76 commared to 104, much better for repair and maintenance.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 12:22 AM
3D Sunset Flier
PHX
Joined Jun 2008
4,213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285 View Post
castle 160
4 6 cell 5000's, in a 12s configuration, 8lbs of batteries.
Whoa!

Buzzed is offline Find More Posts by Buzzed
Old Jul 23, 2012, 07:05 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Pass Christian, MS
Joined Jan 2010
2,366 Posts
Quote:
castle 160
4 6 cell 5000's, in a 12s configuration, 8lbs of batteries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
So would that be 12S10000?
Quote:
I wanna know how you wired that up?
Eagle34 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle34