HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 16, 2012, 09:49 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,156 Posts
anyone wanting 20% off a couple of servos, there's still a couple of weeks left to send in a couple of old servos and get some fresh Savox goodness...

http://www.savoxusa.com/Articles.asp?ID=324
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 16, 2012, 09:51 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,025 Posts
Here are some of Arron's 72 Extra Onboard video shenanigans.

3DHS FLY LOW IN.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Jul 16, 2012, 09:55 PM
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,565 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Arron..

Saw the new velox in NJ and it looks awesome..Great color schemes for visibility.
livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 16, 2012, 10:00 PM
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285 View Post
Wade had a DLE 20 in his, ran well and had lots of power. Its a really pretty plane in the air.
+1 on that comment.. Very visible.
livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 16, 2012, 10:33 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,925 Posts
Sent a servo to savox and they ...... Hitec it is!
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
Old Jul 16, 2012, 11:21 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
Sent a servo to savox and they ...... Hitec it is!
I'm unable to parse your post... you sent a servo to Savox and they did what?...
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Jul 17, 2012, 03:54 AM
Fly More Crash Less
United States, AZ, Prescott
Joined Sep 2007
1,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzed View Post
Usually on the weekends. Sometimes Frid evening as well.

Right now we really enjoy the "Golden Hour." That hour just before sunset when it's not so hot and the winds are starting to die down.

Just P.M. me when you are ready to fly with us. Fall is just around the corner and all the wild-n-crazy 3D fanatics should be out in force.

-Buzzed

Sweet!! Will do. My days off are Sunday and Monday. I need to get some practice in before I come down. All the videos and photos I see you guys post are great! I need to step up my flying for sure. PS I know all about the golden hour. Gotta love it especially in the summer. Best time to fly and photograph.
AZAerobat is online now Find More Posts by AZAerobat
Old Jul 17, 2012, 06:36 AM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,925 Posts
Lets just say I was not impressed with the customer service. Dont really want to get into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
I'm unable to parse your post... you sent a servo to Savox and they did what?...
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
Old Jul 17, 2012, 10:18 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,163 Posts
So guys i got a new charger that measure IR and i was just wondering about how high should the IR be before it is probably time for new batteries? I noticed some of my newer packs read 2-3 but my older packs are between 5-6.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Jul 17, 2012, 10:30 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Pass Christian, MS
Joined Jan 2010
2,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
So guys i got a new charger that measure IR and i was just wondering about how high should the IR be before it is probably time for new batteries? I noticed some of my newer packs read 2-3 but my older packs are between 5-6.
Is that individual cell or total for the pack? From what I've seen you want the individual cells to read pretty close to each other. When you get a cell that reads much different from the others its time to retire the pack. For pack totals you really need to know what it was when the pack was new, so you can sort of track how well the pack is doing.
Eagle34 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle34
Old Jul 17, 2012, 10:33 AM
Team Twisted!
Joined Dec 2011
4,163 Posts
Well it reads each individual cell but those are the average numbers. So, if it is say twice the IR as when it was new you are definitely going to notice some difference if you get some new packs?
Old Jul 17, 2012, 10:41 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Pass Christian, MS
Joined Jan 2010
2,366 Posts
You got the idea. As well as I understand it anyway.
Eagle34 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle34
Old Jul 17, 2012, 01:31 PM
Team 3DHS
USA, OH, Macedonia
Joined Jul 2009
3,216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
The best way to use IR (in my opinion) is to have a general idea of what they are when the pack is new, and watch out for individual cells that are WAY higher then the others.

Most new packs are like 1-3 (these days) but I've charged some old packs that are like 20-30, but they still work, just not as great as the lower ones. Depends on what plane you're using and for what. Those 20-30 milliohm packs are perfect for lights and rx packs. And who knows, maybe those 5 year old packs that are 20-30 were always 20-30.

It's really good after a crash or you drop one and you see a particular cell twice as much as the others...then you know that cell is going bad.

Does that help?
djmoose is offline Find More Posts by djmoose
Old Jul 17, 2012, 01:32 PM
Team Twisted!
Joined Dec 2011
4,163 Posts
Very much so. Thank you!
Old Jul 17, 2012, 07:26 PM
HIBDON FOR PRESIDENT !!
Modesto, CA
Joined Nov 2006
3,136 Posts
Rolling Circles

I'm starting to do a decent job of rolling cirlces, pretty excited about it. Want to start practicing straight rollers. What the difference I can go in circles but can't get them going straight.
goflyhighrc is offline Find More Posts by goflyhighrc
Last edited by goflyhighrc; Jul 17, 2012 at 09:07 PM.