HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 14, 2012, 08:30 PM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,627 Posts
I do! But I ditched that when our family got a new car with an audio jack.
Just don't get a cheap FM transmitter, get a nice one so it doesn't sound fuzzy.
Alex Schauer is online now Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 14, 2012, 08:38 PM
On loan to Texas
United States, TX, Benbrook
Joined Oct 2005
5,237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goflyhighrc View Post
Anyone play their Ipod or Iphone in your using your cars system using some sort of FM transmitter device. My wife wants to play her music from here iphone in her car. I understand there are some devices out there. but would like something proven.

Thanks
I never found one that was any good using the radio frequency/radio station. I did rent a car that had an mp3 input and that worked real good. Car stereo shops can install the wired connection.
Ohio AV8TOR is online now Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
Old Jul 14, 2012, 08:39 PM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,627 Posts
Or if youre smart enough you cN do it yourself
Alex Schauer is online now Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Jul 14, 2012, 08:45 PM
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Mar 2011
707 Posts
yea all the FM ones suck, I had the Monster brand one and it worked as crappy as the cheapo ones. The aux input is the way to go. If you wanted to you could get a new stereo with aux jack for about 150 installed.
nebwake is offline Find More Posts by nebwake
Old Jul 14, 2012, 09:00 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,929 Posts
Blue tooth is the hot ticket. Are you sure the car does not have bluetooth?

This really should go in the other thread though.
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
Old Jul 14, 2012, 09:03 PM
220lb of Canned Heat, baby
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goflyhighrc View Post
Anyone play their Ipod or Iphone in your using your cars system using some sort of FM transmitter device. My wife wants to play her music from here iphone in her car. I understand there are some devices out there. but would like something proven.

Thanks
I have one from WalMart (Griffin is the brand, I believe) that works very well, believe it or not.
quadracer is online now Find More Posts by quadracer
Old Jul 14, 2012, 09:13 PM
Ta-dah!
Texas
Joined May 2007
4,463 Posts
I buy from these guys all the time so it is safe. This is what I have it and works perfect with 4S.

http://www.cellphoneshop.net/fmtrwirefora.html
blakevan is offline Find More Posts by blakevan
Old Jul 14, 2012, 09:18 PM
United States, OH, Youngstown
Joined Apr 2011
317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmoose View Post
I heard your DJ is wack!
Yah But he's the best around!
3171scott is offline Find More Posts by 3171scott
Old Jul 14, 2012, 10:28 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,853 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmoose View Post
I heard your DJ is wack!
I think my words last year were similar... That DJ is Wacked!
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Jul 14, 2012, 11:01 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,226 Posts
I have a question. If a servo burns up in flight will it cause you to hit LVC faster? I just pancaked one of my planes because i thought i hit LVC but i still had at least a minute on my timer. When i went up to the plane my rudder servo wasnt working but the motor was again and i checked the pack and cells were at 3.6V when usually i'm at 3.7-3.8 after my timer goes off(which it didn't in this case). I don't think it browned out my RX because i still had power to all other servos but i lost motor power briefly. I'm using a hitec optima 6 lite with the SPC port so my RX is powered on the main flight pack and servos through an ice 50 putting out 6v.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Last edited by hone1er; Jul 14, 2012 at 11:13 PM.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 11:11 PM
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
ohio
Joined Oct 2010
4,595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3171scott View Post
Fly what ever you have!!!! There will be a separate area for Foamy. But your 51 and 48 are welcome. Its 30 dollars for the hole weekend and that includes a dinner Saturday night. I cant remember what the single day pass is. I will get back to you. I think it was 10 dollars, but not sure.

We are in the process of uploading a new website any day now, when its ready there will be a pre registration page with a Pay Pall
OK, thanks for the info, I will double check the calender and try and put aside a day to come on out and fly.
3Daddict is offline Find More Posts by 3Daddict
Old Jul 14, 2012, 11:22 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
I have a question. If a servo burns up in flight will it cause you to hit LVC faster? I just pancaked one of my planes because i thought i hit LVC but i still had at least a minute on my timer. When i went up to the plane my rudder servo wasnt working but the motor was again and i checked the pack and cells were at 3.6V when usually i'm at 3.7-3.8 after my timer goes off(which it didn't in this case). I don't think it browned out my RX because i still had power to all other servos but i lost motor power briefly. I'm using a hitec optima 6 lite with the SPC port so my RX is powered on the main flight pack and servos through an ice 50 putting out 6v.
All depends on what happens...if it blows out an opens the circuit shouldn't cause a problem. If it blows and locks up,it will draw more current, thus shortening your flight time...

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Jul 14, 2012, 11:24 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzed View Post
Here are some AZ photos for you Fanatics. It sure was windy!

Enjoy,

-Buzzed

Great photos....looks like a storm was brewing.... No wonder the wind was blowing...

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Jul 14, 2012, 11:25 PM
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Nov 2009
478 Posts
That little camera takes some great pics!!!! Those are awesome! Now if we can do that on a day that's not so windy...........
NeverEnough is offline Find More Posts by NeverEnough