HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 09, 2012, 07:02 PM
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Mar 2011
651 Posts
Ill see if I can do it on the sim and make a video i I can figure out a good screen capture software. Can you record in Phoenix?
nebwake is offline Find More Posts by nebwake
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 09, 2012, 07:29 PM
On loan to Texas
United States, TX, Benbrook
Joined Oct 2005
4,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
I have been trying to do that myself. It's harder than it looks
Agreed, once locked in it was not that hard to keep it there. The locked in part is hard though.
Ohio AV8TOR is online now Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
Old Jul 09, 2012, 10:11 PM
On loan to Texas
Joined Oct 2005
4,844 Posts
Just ordred #8 for me, a 47" Extra to go along with my 87" Extra.
Woo hoo
Old Jul 10, 2012, 06:08 AM
Honeybadger don't care...
Orlando, FL
Joined May 2010
1,314 Posts
Ohio- congrats on the 47" Extra; I'm sure you'll love it. By the way- is this new SHP really an SR with new LG plate and some different style covering? A few years ago 3DHS had 2 planes in this size- the 300 SHP and the 300SR. The difference was primarily an airfoiled tail to handle 4S. It was a bada$$ machine then...and this new 300 is as well.

A buddy of mine got one recently, and I flew it- holy crud, was it a nice machine. It does the coolest flat spin of any airplane I've seen. It spins well forward of the tail as the rotation point, and if hit just right, increase the rate of spin with throttle. I'm sure I have a video of it- I'll post when I find it.

anyway, congrats!: )
Luv3d is online now Find More Posts by Luv3d
Old Jul 10, 2012, 06:16 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Subbed !
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Jul 10, 2012, 07:00 AM
Serial Lurker
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Sep 2007
106 Posts
As a new fanatic with a 48" edge 540, I'm in freeking love. As are 90% of the people I fly with.

After throwing this sucker into a few full speed, out of a dive crankshafts everyone was just in awe of how well she took the beating.

Hot tip: this machine with a heavy pack (2250 60c thunder power) is a crankshaft and flat spin monster!

If only it wasn't so damn exxy to get them sent down to oz, I'd have another one or two at home by now.
Olie is offline Find More Posts by Olie
Old Jul 10, 2012, 07:54 AM
On loan to Texas
Joined Oct 2005
4,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv3d View Post
Ohio- congrats on the 47" Extra; I'm sure you'll love it. By the way- is this new SHP really an SR with new LG plate and some different style covering? A few years ago 3DHS had 2 planes in this size- the 300 SHP and the 300SR. The difference was primarily an airfoiled tail to handle 4S. It was a bada$$ machine then...and this new 300 is as well.

A buddy of mine got one recently, and I flew it- holy crud, was it a nice machine. It does the coolest flat spin of any airplane I've seen. It spins well forward of the tail as the rotation point, and if hit just right, increase the rate of spin with throttle. I'm sure I have a video of it- I'll post when I find it.

Sorry I am not up on all of the released versions of this plane. I do know that it is V4 and the stab is now airfoiled. My 87" 3DHS Extra does awesome flat spins as well.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 08:18 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv3d View Post

I just got my first 3DHS 47" SHP/SR Not maiden as yet as england is flooded ! would love to the flat spin vid though Luv3d
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:26 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
19,912 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg View Post
seems like Joe uses right rudder. I feel like inverted harrier and inverted flat spins work better with right rudder, so naturally this maneuver would as well. but if you can do it with left that's awesome.

I love watching Joe do that one. would be even more amazing 8' lower .
I'll fly it low on the weekend and see if Joe tries to out-low me with it
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Jul 10, 2012, 12:59 PM
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebwake View Post
Ill see if I can do it on the sim and make a video i I can figure out a good screen capture software. Can you record in Phoenix?
FRAPS is really popular with gamers and is the only one I've found that does a good job, but it's been a while since I looked. There is a trial version that allows you to record 30 seconds I believe, and it's $37 for the full version.
FireyFate is online now Find More Posts by FireyFate
Old Jul 10, 2012, 01:45 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebwake View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireyFate View Post
FRAPS is really popular with gamers and is the only one I've found that does a good job, but it's been a while since I looked. There is a trial version that allows you to record 30 seconds I believe, and it's $37 for the full version.
Wamsy did a good bit of recording in Phoenix before he switched to RF, he would know the answer to that question...
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Old Jul 10, 2012, 01:51 PM
Joined May 2012
326 Posts
I used FRAPS at one point when I was recording RF videos Great program, super easy to use, worth the <$40.
Not sure if there are any good free programs like that out there...
Trixie3D is offline Find More Posts by Trixie3D
Old Jul 10, 2012, 02:00 PM
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixie3D View Post
I used FRAPS at one point when I was recording RF videos Great program, super easy to use, worth the <$40.
Not sure if there are any good free programs like that out there...
I usually use CNET's download.com to find free software... I tried a couple screen capture applications a few months ago and none of them worked as well as FRAPS. And by not as well I mean horridly choppy with weird colors.
FireyFate is online now Find More Posts by FireyFate
Old Jul 10, 2012, 07:25 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Will this work for my omega 130g? http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000G0...1966250&sr=8-1
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Old Jul 10, 2012, 07:34 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,900 Posts
Sho' nuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarface View Post
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed