HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 03, 2012, 11:34 PM
customstandoffs
USA, AL, Madison
Joined Dec 2007
8,547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
the Deans based Armsafe plugs get my vote... installed as a switch for the radio system on a few of my gassers now... very happy with them, standard equipment for me now. 3DHS selling them, AMain selling them, bunch of places are picking them up.

I'm allergic to deans but I've been using the APP version for several years without issue to arm my 6S-10S electric motors. It's not going to "fall out"

I use a separate receiver pack on a switch or two as well
cmala is offline Find More Posts by cmala
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 03, 2012, 11:49 PM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Joined May 2005
6,537 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
I'm going to use one of these instead of a switch
Looks like trouble to me. After reading endless pages of debates on which is better, I don't think it's possible for Deans and Powerpoles to coexist in a singular product!
G.P. is online now Find More Posts by G.P.
Old Jul 03, 2012, 11:54 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,929 Posts
I am making my own but am strictly using this for the receiver circuit on the 70 gasser slick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
I don't know what size plane/motor set up you are planning on using that on , but the pre made harnesses are usually only 14 gauge wire. If you want to use one of those, make your own and use at least twelve gauge wire.

SteveT
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
Old Jul 03, 2012, 11:59 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Ok, I am back home from a friends house and my gensis kit is here and I would like to have it on my 47" SHP for tomarrow night.

I want my lights to be removable, I have no idea what I am doing. Where do I start? I have no BEC I guess I have to make this work with just my hacker x-55 esc. So this is my cry out for help.
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Old Jul 04, 2012, 12:19 AM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,929 Posts
Look cool! Ordered!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
the Deans based Armsafe plugs get my vote... installed as a switch for the radio system on a few of my gassers now... very happy with them, standard equipment for me now. 3DHS selling them, AMain selling them, bunch of places are picking them up.

Old Jul 04, 2012, 03:01 AM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Aurora RC Lights: Genesis Kit on my 47" SHP.

I want my lights to be removable. I don't care if I have to pull all the wires out when I am not using them and I don't car if I just unplug the light part are leave the driver and main wires in there when I am not using them.

My first thought is I will have to be able to unplug my driver so I can't directly solder to my esc. I have a hacker x-55 and I don't have a BEC.

My kit came with a wire, female JST with two male JST's on the other end. I don't think I need that since that is for if you have a BEC right? So can I just cut off one of those female ends and then solder that to my ESC wires and then that is how I will unplug it from the main driver?

Also the part for the wing tips. Should I drill a hole through the end of my wing and possibly fedd the wires though my wing? or just tape them down to the bottom of the wings and make a small hole in the fuse right under the wings? I see they gave me those big white thing to I guess stick in the end of my wings, is there a better mounting peice to use?

Now the tail I am guessing a small hole right above the vertical stab in the top of the fuse?
Old Jul 04, 2012, 04:59 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skarface View Post
I want my lights to be removable. I don't care if I have to pull all the wires out when I am not using them and I don't car if I just unplug the light part are leave the driver and main wires in there when I am not using them.

My first thought is I will have to be able to unplug my driver so I can't directly solder to my esc. I have a hacker x-55 and I don't have a BEC.

My kit came with a wire, female JST with two male JST's on the other end. I don't think I need that since that is for if you have a BEC right? So can I just cut off one of those female ends and then solder that to my ESC wires and then that is how I will unplug it from the main driver?

Also the part for the wing tips. Should I drill a hole through the end of my wing and possibly fedd the wires though my wing? or just tape them down to the bottom of the wings and make a small hole in the fuse right under the wings? I see they gave me those big white thing to I guess stick in the end of my wings, is there a better mounting peice to use?

Now the tail I am guessing a small hole right above the vertical stab in the top of the fuse?
Sigh...just get a 2s small batteries and use them to power it all up!
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
Old Jul 04, 2012, 05:35 AM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Nah to much extra weight, I am sure will post here soon once they wake up lol.

Well idk bought the weight I just don't feel like having to deal with more batteries to unplug, charge, and spend money on.
Last edited by skarface; Jul 04, 2012 at 05:56 AM.
Old Jul 04, 2012, 05:47 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
Tried 2s 450 on 48 epp, made no diference...probably 2s 250-300 would do for a single flight..
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
Old Jul 04, 2012, 10:08 AM
Just do it.
Stroudsburg, PA
Joined Nov 2009
670 Posts
Can somebody possibly post a description of how they plan on using those arming plugs for rx power?
FlyFisch is offline Find More Posts by FlyFisch
Old Jul 04, 2012, 10:15 AM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,929 Posts
I'm going to use it in the following manner:

Two 12" servo extensions from the LIfe battery going to the receiver. Both of the positive wires from the extensions will be cut and soldered onto the armsafe deans. That's really about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyFisch View Post
Can somebody possibly post a description of how they plan on using those arming plugs for rx power?
Old Jul 04, 2012, 10:17 AM
Hooked on 3DHS
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Nov 2009
908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyFisch View Post
I put the arming plug right before the esc and after the batteries and bec. That way the servos come on when i plug the batteries in but the motor is not active. This is great for radio setup and for safety in the pits. For a gasser just put them right after the battery and before your bec so that nothing turns on until you insert the arming plug. I did a large post in the old addicts thread about them with pictures of mine. You can look at all my attachments to find the pictures and they will link to the post of mine. Hope that helps. One other thing, i also make my own so that i can put the arming plug connections right onto my esc to eliminate excessive connections/weak points. If anybody needs some 10ga pp arming plugs let me know and i can make some for you if you cover shipping. I have had 12ga ones heat up just a few degrees on my 1/4 scale electrics but the 10 ga holds up well without heat.
lammbn is online now Find More Posts by lammbn
Old Jul 04, 2012, 10:29 AM
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Mar 2011
711 Posts
My first experiance with APP was a little iffy, a set came with my ignition for a DA150, I really liked how easy they are to plug and unplug, but they didn't lock up as positive as I like. I don't belive they would "fall out" but vibrations from a big gasser can do some crazy things. That is why I secure ALL connectors with either dental floss or the connector locks for the ailerons. For the deans plugs from my batteries, I use some gorilla tape strip that I just replace as it tires out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmala View Post
I'm allergic to deans but I've been using the APP version for several years without issue to arm my 6S-10S electric motors. It's not going to "fall out"

I use a separate receiver pack on a switch or two as well
nebwake is offline Find More Posts by nebwake
Old Jul 04, 2012, 10:47 AM
Hooked on 3DHS
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Nov 2009
908 Posts
To help with " separation anxiety" (lol) with power poles use the blok-loks or retention clips. I use the blok-loks on all my pp connections and love them and the peace of mind they give.

http://www.powerwerx.com/powerpole-a...ion-clips.html

http://www.powerwerx.com/powerpole-a...mp-2-sets.html
lammbn is online now Find More Posts by lammbn
Old Jul 04, 2012, 10:56 AM
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Mar 2011
711 Posts
those look nice
nebwake is offline Find More Posts by nebwake