Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 27, 2012, 05:47 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan7x70 View Post
Its awesome sounding in the air.. sounds like a gas plane. it is also lighter than the APC same size Thin Elec prop. Fast spool up and just looks so much cooler than plastic. Its what the local hobby shop had so.

Ill make a flight video when I can.
looking forward to it!
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2012, 05:51 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,166 Posts
42" Slicks... still the biggest bang for buck on the market IMO. too windy to enjoy flying today but a remaiden with some tweaks (servos, setup, cheesy stickers) confirms it's dancing how I want it to... now I just need some flying weather...

Old Feb 27, 2012, 05:58 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,925 Posts
Carbon spinner?

Pretty nasty chip in that propeller!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
42" Slicks... still the biggest bang for buck on the market IMO. too windy to enjoy flying today but a remaiden with some tweaks (servos, setup, cheesy stickers) confirms it's dancing how I want it to... now I just need some flying weather...

going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
Old Feb 27, 2012, 06:00 PM
Team 3DHS
Nashville , Tennessee
Joined Jan 2009
5,470 Posts
Quote:

Nice cheese and Slick.

RIP my 42".
wamsy55 is online now Find More Posts by wamsy55
Old Feb 27, 2012, 06:02 PM
President @ Acadian RC Club
Lafayette, Louisiana
Joined Dec 2005
1,233 Posts
Very cool looking bird! Great lighting too!
jonathan7x70 is offline Find More Posts by jonathan7x70
Old Feb 27, 2012, 06:03 PM
President @ Acadian RC Club
Lafayette, Louisiana
Joined Dec 2005
1,233 Posts
while im on a buying spree,... Im thinking of a 74 Edge or the 71" Slick. Which flys better?
jonathan7x70 is offline Find More Posts by jonathan7x70
Old Feb 27, 2012, 06:04 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,047 Posts
Quote:
while im on a buying spree,... Im thinking of a 74 Edge or the 71" Slick. Which flys better?
question of the year....
aronph is offline Find More Posts by aronph
Old Feb 27, 2012, 06:27 PM
Hooked on 3DHS
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Nov 2009
908 Posts
I just flew both of those planes back to back love the 20x10 on the 5320-380. needed a lot of curve to tame the mid end down but preformed much better than the 19x10. I still don't quite like it as much as the 71 but I may be a little partial just because i have a lot more flights on it. i feel the slick is a much better all around plane than any of my edges (48, 58, 74) but again i have a lot more flights on my slick than any of the edges. The 74 is a harrier and KE monster. any maneuver with either of those makes me look good! especially rollers and KE spins. just my personal experience with them. today put me up to 9 flights with the 74 and i don't even want to go look at my log book to count how many with the 71.
lammbn is offline Find More Posts by lammbn
Old Feb 27, 2012, 06:30 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
Carbon spinner?

Pretty nasty chip in that propeller!!
simple black extremeflight spinner. I would rather a white one... I need to get me a white one.

the chip?... not all that nasty, just the joy of cat ownership; how long can you keep a plane in range of a kitty and still have the tip of the prop not mangled. it still balances and performs fine
Old Feb 27, 2012, 06:55 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,205 Posts
Quote:
simple black extremeflight spinner. I would rather a white one... I need to get me a white one.

the chip?... not all that nasty, just the joy of cat ownership; how long can you keep a plane in range of a kitty and still have the tip of the prop not mangled. it still balances and performs fine
My son and his wife took two cats with them when the moved out recently...fortunately, one of them was the "climber" that climbed anything and everything in our house. Now that he is gone, I can build a rack or two to put planes on...

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Feb 27, 2012, 06:59 PM
Artillery! King of Battle!
USA, KS, Scammon
Joined Mar 2002
4,431 Posts
I'm in the process of recovering my 70" Slick and need to pick a motor for it. I've flown it on a Hacker A50-14L on 8S and a big MotrolFly on 10S, so I thinking it's time for something different.

I'm considering a Hacker A60-6XS on 6S with a 3-Blade Xoar 18x10 prop. (Yes the 3-blade prop is a requirement...more details to follow).

Has anyone tried the Hacker A60-6XS in the 70-71" Slick on 6S?

Thanks

Brill
Brill 1 is offline Find More Posts by Brill 1
Old Feb 27, 2012, 07:03 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brill 1 View Post
I'm in the process of recovering my 70" Slick and need to pick a motor for it. I've flown it on a Hacker A50-14L on 8S and a big MotrolFly on 10S, so I thinking it's time for something different.

I'm considering a Hacker A60-6XS on 6S with a 3-Blade Xoar 18x10 prop. (Yes the 3-blade prop is a requirement...more details to follow).

Has anyone tried the Hacker A60-6XS in the 70-71" Slick on 6S?

Thanks

Brill

Yup...ME!!

Love it!! I am just using a 20X10 APC, and it has plenty of power... converting a Slick to a P-40??? And, you might want to think about a Mejzlik 3 blade, as they are only a little more than the Xoar...

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SteveT.; Feb 27, 2012 at 07:09 PM.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 07:05 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,047 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTtoooo View Post
Yup...ME!!

Love it!! I am just using a 20X10 APC, and it has plenty of power...

SteveT
hey stevo....how do you get the "steve t" at the bottom of the posts?
aronph is offline Find More Posts by aronph
Old Feb 27, 2012, 07:28 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,925 Posts
Slick. Longer tail moment.

Quote:
Old Feb 27, 2012, 07:30 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,925 Posts
My cat learned long ago no touchy airplane kitty!!!

Quote: