SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 16, 2012, 07:34 AM
On loan to Texas
United States, TX, Benbrook
Joined Oct 2005
5,345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bivens View Post
87 and DA60 ordered this morning....happy fathers day to me...and my Bday next week....Can't wait to get this thing up and going....

...the 87 was my very first 3dhs plane....and UTjason still flies it a LOT......and it's been broke in half...twice...but still flies great....

Gotta find a good prop for a 60...never had one. wow...this is going to be fun!
Outstanding combination for sure, that is my combination and I love it. I have been using a Xoar 24x8 which was recommended by DA in a phone call for 3D flying. If you get the Xoar the wood is way to soft for the recommended prop bolts torque. After talking with Joe I picked up a Vess Stealth 24b which looks awesome but have not flown yet. This is one stiff prop. If your funds allow do yourself a favor and get the Blazing Star motor mount. Here is a build thread on mine that has some pictures of that mount.
Ohio AV8TOR is online now Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 16, 2012, 04:17 PM
customstandoffs
USA, AL, Madison
Joined Dec 2007
8,547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg View Post
if either of my 30cc ships bit the dust any time soon it would be an epic battle between a 74 edge and 70 velox. e pic battle.

meanwhile, the malamute has secured her own spot.
I could have not said it bieber myself
cmala is offline Find More Posts by cmala
Old Jun 16, 2012, 04:18 PM
customstandoffs
USA, AL, Madison
Joined Dec 2007
8,547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmala View Post
I could have not said it bieber myself
Darn autocorrect
cmala is offline Find More Posts by cmala
Old Jun 16, 2012, 05:13 PM
Old Dog learning new tricks~~
United States, PA, East Stroudsburg
Joined Jan 2011
351 Posts
Quote:
if either of my 30cc ships bit the dust any time soon it would be an epic battle between a 74 edge and 70 velox. e pic battle.

meanwhile, the malamute has secured her own spot.
Just got the 74 edge and I'm loving it os 33gt nib on the bench just dying to be bolted up to a malamute
bradhoke08 is offline Find More Posts by bradhoke08
Old Jun 16, 2012, 06:34 PM
Stick banger
USA, AZ, Chandler
Joined Oct 2004
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bivens View Post
87 and DA60 ordered this morning....happy fathers day to me...and my Bday next week....Can't wait to get this thing up and going....

...the 87 was my very first 3dhs plane....and UTjason still flies it a LOT......and it's been broke in half...twice...but still flies great....

Gotta find a good prop for a 60...never had one. wow...this is going to be fun!
I'm using a Vess 24B woodie on mine, I really like it. I didn't care for the 24A, there just wasn't enough top end. The 24B still has the low end feel of the 24A but it actually has some more push above 3/4 throttle. I need to try out the 24B carbon, though. I think I have 40% expo on my throttle and it feels very proportional all the way to full, hover is just under 1/2 throttle now. Still feels good in the low range for harriers and such. Full throttle tumbles with the 24B are insane, everyone at the field thinks the plane won't survive for long.
Ace4 is offline Find More Posts by Ace4
Old Jun 16, 2012, 07:46 PM
No, I won't ship it. Don't ask
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,996 Posts
I think I'm gonna pick up a 57 SC airframe so when I wad my 330s up, I won't be out of the air for long. Question being, what prop should I use? My current motor is an AXi 4130-16, and it is listed at 385 kv, I'm running a Xoar 17x8. The Hacker motor 3dhs recommends is rated at 400-something on 5s, but I will be using a 6s setup. My current airframe is an older model, so I'm sure the SC will be a lot lighter, lessening the load some. I also assume this means I may need to prop down a bit, but I want to order all this stuff while the Father's Day deals are on. Any help would be appreciated!
quadracer is online now Find More Posts by quadracer
Old Jun 17, 2012, 02:41 PM
ICU
Check out my Shapeways Shop
Dallas,Tx.
Joined Apr 2007
1,202 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a suitable landing gear that works with the 59 Slick?

3DHS website doesn't even show one. ADC does show it (thanks Hone1er), but shows out of stock. The wheel pants show they are the same for the 51/59, is this the case with the lg too?

Thanks
ICU is offline Find More Posts by ICU
Old Jun 17, 2012, 02:47 PM
Team 3DHS
San Antonio, TX
Joined Sep 2004
15,632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmala View Post
Darn autocorrect

That's a Freudian slip
BoneDoc is offline Find More Posts by BoneDoc
Old Jun 17, 2012, 03:16 PM
United States, FL, Marianna
Joined Apr 2011
860 Posts
I tried so hard to crash my 59 slick (I wanted a 10% off orange replacement) I was blowing hay off the round bails. KE b/t the rolls. Not really stupid low but not much room for error. Too good of plane, she will fly another day.
dentalpain is offline Find More Posts by dentalpain
Old Jun 17, 2012, 05:51 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...16&postcount=5

Anybody know what could be going on?
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Old Jun 17, 2012, 06:29 PM
United States, GA, Acworth
Joined Mar 2011
4,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skarface View Post

my wild guess would be it's trying to balance the cells and cant quite get them exact
shadow102 is offline Find More Posts by shadow102
Old Jun 17, 2012, 06:31 PM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
United States, NY, Alfred
Joined Apr 2009
7,707 Posts
Quote:

yeah, mine did that after a while too. along with some other funky stuff.

as long as it is still balancing them and showing you the voltage and mah going in, and that all looks kosher, you can just stop them when you see they are charged. it's one of the many reasons I upgraded chargers though.
Irg is offline Find More Posts by Irg
Old Jun 17, 2012, 07:12 PM
Just go with the flow
Modesto, CA
Joined Nov 2006
3,234 Posts
iphone 4

We updated my wife iphone a week ago and since none of the songs on the phone play. When we press the play buttong the little bar that tells how long the song plays does not move.
goflyhighrc is offline Find More Posts by goflyhighrc
Old Jun 17, 2012, 07:27 PM
United States, CA, Palos Verdes Peninsula
Joined Dec 2011
1,031 Posts
Quote:
yeah, mine did that after a while too. along with some other funky stuff.

as long as it is still balancing them and showing you the voltage and mah going in, and that all looks kosher, you can just stop them when you see they are charged. it's one of the many reasons I upgraded chargers though.
+1, check the voltage of each cell to see if they're close to fully charged (4.2v). One cell is probably higher than the rest, or one is lower, and the charger is not getting them balanced perfectly - most cells will probably show they're fully charged or within 0.2 v of 4.2v. I usually just stop the balancing or let it time out and use the battery anyways. I haven't had any issues doing so.
Jboy90277 is offline Find More Posts by Jboy90277
Old Jun 17, 2012, 07:29 PM
United States, OH, Tipp City
Joined Oct 2011
238 Posts
Quote:

My AC6 is doing the same thing. I just hit the stop button when I see all the cells are 4.20, amps are low, and mah has stopped increasing. Kind of a pain, but it was cheap, still works, and it's a secondary charger for me now anyway.
aero550 is offline Find More Posts by aero550