I got a boat.... Who's in?
Video or it didn't happen!
SamBones is offline Find More Posts by SamBones
Old Feb 22, 2012, 06:11 PM
Fly Low, Fly 3d, Repair Often
United States, OK, Weatherford
Joined Jun 2011
2,733 Posts
Thanks for your order with 3DHobbyShop.com! <----- sweetest words ever read. Going a whole day of flying without flying a 42" slick was unacceptable.
davebloomer is offline Find More Posts by davebloomer
Old Feb 22, 2012, 06:12 PM
customstandoffs
USA, AL, Madison
Joined Dec 2007
8,547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebloomer View Post
Thanks for your order with 3DHobbyShop.com! <----- sweetest words ever read. Going a whole day of flying without flying a 42" slick was unacceptable.
I like

Out for delivery....
cmala is offline Find More Posts by cmala
Old Feb 22, 2012, 06:25 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,928 Posts
I am waiting for a sale...that's my justification for not ordering....dont need another plane right now but I just feel like I need to order one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebloomer View Post
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
Old Feb 22, 2012, 06:38 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
USA, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Apr 2009
1,988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmala View Post
I like

Out for delivery....
Delivered is better.
rdcskkrose is offline Find More Posts by rdcskkrose
Old Feb 22, 2012, 08:46 PM
Stick banger
USA, AZ, Chandler
Joined Oct 2004
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmala View Post
I like

Out for delivery....
I would settle for a shipping notice right now, stupid WRAM show
Ace4 is offline Find More Posts by Ace4
Old Feb 22, 2012, 09:38 PM
Aerobatic Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Sep 2007
2,886 Posts
Driving home I'm thinking about updating the castle firmware on my ice80hv and wonder how much if any it will feel different in my heli since they say the governor will hold the headspeed better. Then started thinking its crazy how firmware can change how a heli or model can fly like upadating the fbl unit changed how it flew and how changing a setting will change how it feels. Then started to think how people are putting 3 axis quad boards in airplanes and with the right firmware it makes any plane easy to fly. Kinda like how the as3x makes a gee bee easy to fly.

Then I thought about all the FOG stuff like......

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285 View Post
Seeing lots of FOG's mentioned here. So I'll jump in.

It’s only when they develop an activist type mentality to eliminate what someone else likes to do, do they become an FOG.
Joe you need to add a FOG does not embrace how the hobby has changed with new technology. They usally don't like electrics no matter what size and you have fly nitro since that is the best for good circle flying.

Wonder how FOG's feel about gyros because some FOG's use them to help keep their tailwheel planes straight for take offs and landings.
HugoCraft is online now Find More Posts by HugoCraft
Old Feb 22, 2012, 09:42 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,836 Posts
That was Jim's post, not Joe.
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Feb 22, 2012, 09:43 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace4 View Post
I would settle for a shipping notice right now, stupid WRAM show
...stupid customs and shipping delays. it was meant to arrive last week which would have been perfect for everyone. apologies for the delay.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Feb 22, 2012, 09:45 PM
Aerobatic Fanatic
Joined Sep 2007
2,886 Posts
oh well, I mean the smiths

also I just checked my email and got a UPS tracking number from 3dhs!!!!! It'll be fun to get the 48" epp extra flying
Old Feb 22, 2012, 09:46 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,211 Posts
Damn you!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugocraft View Post
oh well, i mean the smiths

also i just checked my email and got a ups tracking number from 3dhs!!!!! It'll be fun to get the 48" epp extra flying :d
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Feb 22, 2012, 09:51 PM
Aerobatic Fanatic
Joined Sep 2007
2,886 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
Damn you!!
you are going to hate reading the next part:

Scheduled Delivery:
Friday, 02/24/2012, By End of Day
Old Feb 22, 2012, 09:51 PM
3D Sunset Flier
PHX
Joined Jun 2008
3,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugocraft View Post
Driving home I'm thinking about updating the castle firmware on my ice80hv and wonder how much if any it will feel different in my heli since they say the governor will hold the headspeed better. Then started thinking its crazy how firmware can change how a heli or model can fly like upadating the fbl unit changed how it flew and how changing a setting will change how it feels. Then started to think how people are putting 3 axis quad boards in airplanes and with the right firmware it makes any plane easy to fly. Kinda like how the as3x makes a gee bee easy to fly.

Then I thought about all the FOG stuff like......

Joe you need to add a FOG does not embrace how the hobby has changed with new technology. They usally don't like electrics no matter what size and you have fly nitro since that is the best for good circle flying.

Wonder how FOG's feel about gyros because some FOG's use them to help keep their tailwheel planes straight for take offs and landings.
Had a "Snowbird FOG" attend our club meeting a few weeks ago for the sole purpose of eliminating 3D flying at our field. Our club president is a nice guy who thankfully shot him down. 35% of our club flies 3D.

What amazes me is this guy doesn't have the b@!!$ to bring up his issues with the evening 3D crowd. He just spies on us and then runs off to the meeting to whine to the board. Plus he's heading back to Minnesota soon (lovely state ) once the ice thaws. We won't see him for a while thank goodness.

Anyway, just wanted to pass on this story of an old guy named Bob Fog who likes to rain on peoples parades.

-Buzzed

P.S. Bob Fog has never offered to hold, spot, or help anyone at the field who owns something other than a glow P-40. Nice guy huh???
Buzzed is offline Find More Posts by Buzzed
Old Feb 22, 2012, 09:57 PM
KING of PING!
United States, PA, Lancaster
Joined Nov 2008
1,057 Posts
Watch out how you talk about them FOGs http://www.fox40.com/news/headlines/...,5405813.story
JDMCARPETS is offline Find More Posts by JDMCARPETS